Need someone smarter than I! (Rendering Issue)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Need someone smarter than I! (Rendering Issue)

Ello everyone.

I'm having an occasional problem with rendering, and I can't figure out what is going on.

In the video below, You will see that my video occasionally gets SUPER pixelated for a few moments. It appears to happen most when there are quick drastic changes in colors/lighting. And I'm not quite sure how to address it. I would guess that since it is pixelating that it would be a bit rate issue, but I figured my bit rate settings were more than sufficient. (Variable 1 pass. Avg Bit rate 8mbps, Max bit rate 16mbps). And this isn't just a youtube problem, it happens when I play back locally from the hard drive.

I'm rendering in Sony Vegas 12

Here is the test video

That was recorded with a Hauppauge HD PVR 2. But I've also had this same problem in Fraps.

I'll keep tinkering around with it, but if anyone has an answer that would be supreme. I can't imagine that they clip is surpassing 16mbps at that moment O.o.