What if i want to do video games commentaries? [problems discusion]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• What if i want to do video games commentaries? [problems discusion]

Dear Fellow Bros

This is a question i had thought over for a while...

*If you don't want to read what the hell happened to me recently, do not read spoiler*

Display Spoiler
      It's a while since i don't upload any video on youtube since october. Why? because i got striked by a (very stupid critical level of) fear of death.
      Thanatophobia had crippled my mind like a shattered glass. Everyday i woke up suffered from this fear, thinking over how i'll died, will i go to heaven or hell, do afterlife exist,
      will i reincarnate as something else beside human And a lot of other shit! right now i just recovered from the fear completely (thank you my mom and bible).

And also i had found out that i can't wait for the thing i planed, i have to archive it! and that goal is to be well known in youtubes and making a good video now!
      Fuck the phobia! Fuck my Fetishes! Screw my Laziness! i have goal to accomplish!

As for my (damn long) absence from youtube activities and making videos i'm thinking of an comeback, so i decide to create 2nd channel to make video games commentaries

But there're some problems i have to think over before doing this. and i have to ask you bros about this.

1. "copying other youtube commentaries"
      The 1st problems that come into my mind. If i make a commentaries about the game that someone else had played it before (and i mean PEWDIEPIE,Cry,strihiryu,Lawbreaker,heartrocker and other commentary channels i know and watch) clearly i'm going to get gangbang'd the f*** out of my channel for copying someone else. And this is the problem i have to think before doing the commentary

2. how i do commentaries properly?
      Sound stupid i know, but i never had done this before. questions come into my mind. How i'll do commentaries, do i have to avoid cursing and offensive word, will my style considered "copying other youtuber". This is a big problem beside the first one.

3. What game i should do?
      Yup. My PC can handle skyrim , MW3 and hitman absolution [on normal resolution]. but the problem is not about the graphic or modern games.
      I have been thinking of making commentary of a game that i found entertaining playing and worth recording. and this is the list of game i had planed to do commentary

-Vampire the Masquerade : the final night
      -Hitman Absolution on normal with suit only most of times [i am not ready for purist yet]
      -Death to spies moment of truth : Motmod [inspired by DrLizShawOBE2]
      and some other game that didn't took over an month to complete.

as i'm not in for horror games. and i'm not thinking of making an almost endless episode of "minecraft hardcore mode with over 4GB of mod installed!!!" or mmo games.
      So... am my list is look okay to do commeatary?

4. The Reputations
      another problem that i had think about. As i have to ask you bros again about this.
      That i'm....

*insert drum roll here*

...Thai. and i had read comment over youtube and found out that many (clearly over 10k) thai youtube user are ignorant and flaming everyone,
      troll and insult people and always follow the pop-culture in a (more likely) disaster way. and i think that reveal myself that i'm thai are going to have a very bad perspective on other youtube user.
      i'm not the one who troll, insult other people like shit!
      i know that there's a lot of good thai youtuber who do commentary and video. and i want to prove that most of thai youtuber are a good guy, not a damn troll!

------------------

And that's covered all the problems i want to discus with your bros before puting it to action.

sincerely

Bloodyspare
    • 1. Try do some non mainstream video's first, like don't do amnesia or happy wheels or those games that known youtubers have a huge serie of it. Ofcourse you can play other games like skyrim or Assasin's Creed or whatever, everyone is free in what they want to play.

2. Be yourself, that's pretty much the best thing I could say, but speak clearly, make sure your voice is above the sound of the game, try to be a bit funny but don't act! Just be natural with a bit of a twist.

3. Read #1.

4. Who cares where you're from? Like, you don't have to be an english guy or american. Pewdiepie is swedish, other youtubers aren't english and stuff, so I don't think that will be much of a problem.

These are things how I think about it, I may be wrong on some things.

And yes, read Cirno's topic, that will help you alot.

"People will laugh at your dreams, then hate you when you made them come true."
    • As for your phobia,I was experiencing the same bullshit like a year ago. Wasn't a pleasant feeling. But it will go away with the time,all you have to do is keep yourself occupated,and starting gaming channel seems like a perfect thing to do. :D As stated above,read Cirno's topic,I actually found that topic on some other forum and it helped me a lot! And about commentaries,if you plan on doing post recording commentary,you need to script it first so it doesn't have uhmms and uhhs and ummms. As for live commentary,just talk about whatever you want (game related). Cursing is optional and that's something you alone need to decide, I tend to curse A LOT in my videos. Last thing,it doesn't matter if you're Thai. Hey,we're all people,doesn't matter black,white,yellow,red,green,blue,we're all the same. If someone get's all retarded about the race,you can always block them. Hope I helped ya fellow bro!
      Horror let's plays all around! :D

[/size]
    • Play indie game bro. Check on Desura every once in a while for a new game to play.

Horror is a safe bet, I usually just LP horror because I am really jumpy. It's torturous, but the pay off is worth it.

If you get lucky you'll find an obscure indie horror game that may become a hit (Like Slendy >.>), and you'll be the first to play (Therefore, you're not "copying" anyone).

Unfortunately the big youtubers are on the new horror games like flies on shit, so you have to be on the ball. And their views WILL drown you out, but if you network properly and optimize your tags you could get a good chunk of views.

Also, if you're doing horror, a facecam never hurts, but always helps.

Be creative, try new things. In an age where many (including myself) are doing the same thing, you could stand out with something unique.
    • Just be yourself! Dont try to be anyone else, cause we will notice. Relax

And for your problem with the idea of death. I had the same problem, before i realized: Im here now, im here tommorow! So who gives a shit about 60 years in the future? If you cant enjoy the time on earth cause your to affraid for whats after it, you wont enjoy the one thing we have proof of existing: Life.
      Here, to scare