KingOfSmog's channel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• KingOfSmog's channel

Ahoy there, my name is Smog, im 19 years old and i started my youtube channel about a month ago. I'm making a variety of lets plays or as i call them: "That Time I Played", i have a bunch of different games and i also have one video of me just fooling around, which i want to make a lot more of! I hope to continue doing both these things in the future.

I am mostly looking for some feedback on my videos, i like doing them but i'd like to know if people like watching them :D

Here's the link to my channel: youtube.com/user/KingOfSmog?feature=mhee

Heres a video i made of me trying to join a gang in Gmod: youtube.com/watch?v=45r73u6NsUI

I hope you Enjoy! Thanks! :D
      Check out my channel if you want! youtube.com/user/KingOfSmog?feature=mhee
    • Sorry to bump such an old post here, I'm not really trying to promote my videos by this, but I just wanted to update my channel description slightly. I've recently realized that the way i want my videos to be is not exactly what i've been doing. I always felt as though they were just left of what i really wanted to be doing. It's kind of hard to explain but my more recent videos (amnesia in particular) are pretty much conveying how i want them to be. I'm still on the fence as to whether i should delete all the videos that are not this way, but i think about all the time and work i've put into them and decided to keep them even if it means abruptly changing my commentary style in the middle of a few lets plays. I should be doing those types of videos from now on depending on the game i suppose, i guess the best way to describe it is not playing the game as if im playing it, more as im really in the game myself. It might sound stupid but i've always liked improv and doing improv so i finally figured out that thats what i wanted to do, a kind of "gaming improv" where i pretend im really am the character im playing. This means not really addressing the audience as i have been by saying things like "hi welcome to x lets play" or whatever. Instead i will just be playing the game as if i was alone, as the character, which i am anyway :p

It may seem confusing as to what i mean, but like i said its hard to explain haha, i just felt kind of weird about it and felt like i needed to write it down, or get it out there to someone because it was bugging me. Now typing this out i feel better and more confident about changing.

I think i really found the way i honestly love to do videos, which makes me want to make them now without caring about what people think, because now its more fun for me. Before, i felt as though i was TOO generic, and nothing set me apart from the thousands of others doing what i do, but now i think i'm slightly more unique even though i'm sure i'm not really the first to do this kind of thing.

So yeah, that was a lot but its basically for myself really, like i said, i just needed to get it out somehow :p

Anyway if you read this thanks a lot!

TL;DR I'm changing my style of commentary, and felt the need to update my channel description :D

I'm done now, Bye! :)

-Smog
      Check out my channel if you want! youtube.com/user/KingOfSmog?feature=mhee