Link Exchange!?

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Link Exchange!?

Hey,

I don't know if anybody else has this "problem", but I feel like I ignored it long enough XD.
      I'm constantly getting EMails with the following content ( or similar :(

Hi,

My name is Laura,

I would like to suggest a free link exchange with pewdiepie.net or any other sites you own.
      You will be pleased to know that now I am having a handful of quality projects for free link exchange
      that I am sure could be beneficial and productive for both of us.

Please let me know if you interested in more details, or have any other thoughts on the matter.

Waiting to hear back from you!

Laura Matthews
      seopersona.net

Always different names and maybe the text differs a bit from time to time, however it always says "pewdiepie.net" in the first sentence.
      What is this sh*t? And why am I getting this? XD
      Is this even related to pewdiepie.net or are they just reading my browser history in any way? XD

The website looks pretty strange, suspicious even.
      Anybody knows what this is? lol
    • Pretty sure it's a spammy scam.

You Google Pagerank is decided by many things, one of the big ones being how many websites actively link to your site.

Could be someone trying to spread malware/get attention/or build domain names quick then selling them wholesale.

There are many ways to make money off of the internet, and 99.9999% of those ways are scams/spams.
    • Spambots aren't that stupid nowadays as you think. They can fetch stuff like websites and stuff and other information available and will use them.

And I can know due to the fact I used to be in the dark section of the webs (and even owned my own private bot with 1 other person)

• Cirno wrote:

Spambots aren't that stupid nowadays as you think. They can fetch stuff like websites and stuff and other information available and will use them.

I know, or let's say I could guess that, but there are websites I visit more often ... so why this particular website? XD lool
      Anyways, I thought I should check back.
      I thought maybe this site is in fact legit and pewds told the bros to help getting "pewdiepie.net" a better ranking or something.
      But, as I see my assumptions seem to be confirmed.