Ignore if you like to.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Ignore if you like to.

I have a question that I would like to hear your thoughts about. How can one be depressed of seeing people having success in life and being sad of watching famous people being loved? I have experienced that my whole life and I always wondered why. I'm not posting this because I want someone feel bad for me, as far as I can see is there a lot more people that would need that more then I ever could. I'm just wondering why i'm feeling sad about it. I get depressed on the most random places like parties, school, almost everywhere where you socialize. I can add that i'm really shy wich ain't making it any easier.
      And I love YOU random citizen!
    • My advice for you is basically this: Stop looking at how good everyone is and focus on the things that you like to do the most.
      If you just look at how ''good'' other people have it and what not and if you keep telling yourself you'll never have a life like that, you won't.

The reason why I replied to this post is because I honestly sort of feel what you're going through.
      Being in an art school and looking at other people's work, I felt like I was horrible and that I would never be as good as anyone else, that I would never improve and I even started to question myself what the hell I was doing there in the first place.

Conclusion is, focus on yourself. What are you good at, what do you like to do? Try to improve your self esteem a little by appericiating things you have/do more!
      It helps, really!

Just try to focus on more positive things or find a hobby/interest that you can rely on, that you have something to improve with and can be proud of.

I hope my advice helped you a little!
      Keep it Classy
    • I'm also shy to real life conversation, i can easy talk on the internet but when it becomes real i kind of back out my self.
      so i feel ya bro!
      i found out why im shy is that i have it hard to open my self to people cause of my childhood, but when i first open my self i can talk like normals, so my best advice is that you find someone to rely on!
      and it is good that you are this honest as you are! you will achieve much in life with this honesty! and as MeganeAya says, just focus on something you like to do and keep doing it, if people says it stupid, well that must be the worlds most stupidest thing to say to anyone.
      Good luck man~
      Bro day every day! -PewDiePie.
    • From my point of view, this is only a temporary set back. I've been in situations where I would rather be someone else, in fact I am in that situation right now. The thing is, it shouldn't be your downfall. Yeah people have better lives than we do and sure they have better things or have better relationships etc. it doesn't mean we can't either. I like to do things quick before because I thought to myself I like how people can get things done fast, but when I had some serious issues come up, I finally learned to take it all slowly. These days, I see people who I deem "lucky" and say to myself 'I may not have the same luck as them, but I will work my way through it instead' to tell myself that one day I can achieve more, and even gain back the things I have lost.

Think positive, think optimistic. But not too optimistic that it becomes an illusion. ^_^

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART