Wireless Internet Help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Wireless Internet Help

Hey guys, I wanna get wireless internet in my room at my apartment. The way I connect to the internet now is through an ethernet cable that goes from my macbook pro to an ethernet port on the wall in my room. The internet is fast and I've never had problems.

To make it wireless, I was thinking of connecting a router (Belkin n150) to that ethernet port and then connecting my computer (and possible future PS3) to the router wirelessly. Will this work, or do I need a modem in between the router and the ethernet port?

Also, will my router be good for PS3 online gaming?
  • Sharky's image represent correctly the situation.
    Otherwise, I would say I'm not a big fan of Wireless Connections - You might suffer of some disconnecting, lag or small peaks due to being wireless.
    I'm not really sure of the transfer rate of the PS3 while online on games, but I hope it doesn't need 100% packets sent...
    I don't want to advance myself in that, but you lose nothing at trying it out. ( Well except few bucks, but hey, that's money, it can comes back quite fast. )

• I think it simply depends of the Router you which to use. Also.

If you use this kind of cable to connect in your PC directly, it wouldn't have any problem I think.

But if you only use that kind of cable, maybe there's a chance that the router you want to use might not have the port for it.

As I remember - I never had any this kind of port on the router, except when I switched with the new TV Services from TELUS that gave us a new router.