Advice for ... long distance relationships

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Advice for ... long distance relationships

Hey bros, I've been a prowler of the forums for a while now and finally made an account =D

Pretty much I need some advice on a relationship which I've had online for about 3 months now... I asked out a girl that I've known for almost a year and I know that I really love her and she said she likes me and said yes when I asked her out but ..... I don't know... I guess I'm starting to have doubts if that's true or not :c She is the nicest person I've ever met/talked to and I know I can get to where she is (Arizona - Her. New Zealand - Me..) in a few years but I'm starting to feel like she's drifting away and I think she might be starting to date another guy in her area...

I don't want to overreact if it isn't even anything like that but from they way she talks to him in skype calls and in chat it's obvious something is there between them..
      I kinda need some form of advice as to what I should do so feel free to post your views on LDRs (Long distance relationships) in a comment along with any advice you could give me :l

If you want to add me on Skype my username is Snowpaw8 and we can talk about crap, I play alot of games like Minecraft and DOTA2 so yeah. But hopefully I can get some help from you guys :3

Thanks in advance and sorry for any typos.. it's 4am and this problem is keepin me up so can't sleep...
    • Well, I'm in a long distance relationship as well, right now and I believe that the whole relationship is based on trust, since you guys cannot physically interact with each other.

My advice is, you should keep your trust concrete and try not do anything with could break her trust. Because, that would fuck up the whole relationship.

Also, you guys should call more, and cam with each other more. And sext and do stuff that would make up for the long distance.

And and, add me on Skype if you wanna talk more. :)
    • Most of people in distance relation ship don't trust each other,the whole thing to make this work is to trust in the other person and see if her trust on you,always keep in mind that still be a distance relation ship,because of you can't touch each other in the physical both you must always try to resist any "evil" that the world can send to you,i mean some situation and overreach,first think and never don't trust on the other,that can destroy in minutes a relation...
    • I'm completly agree with Sharky.
      Trust is the only thing that can keep a long distance relationship.

I nevr have a long distance relationship (I don't even have a girlfriend), but I have a frirend who has experience it.
      He asked me what should he do, and I'll give you the same answer.

^ See, Sharky's advice, and I'll add something. If you really love aach other and you think and sure that she is "the one" and "your destiny", you should come to her place, meet her in person or ask her to come to your place. I know it's hard, but I think it's the only way if you have this feeling to your girlfriend. You can't keep this kind of relationship. if you really have a really deep feeling to her.

I don't say that long distance relationship won't work. As long as you really love her, keep in touch with her, trust each other, have a serious relationship with her, I'm sure and hope someday you'll have a happy life with her.

And.. about my firend, he had meet with his girlfriend in person, but now he still have a long distance relationship, but he told me that he will has a more serious relationship with her after he finish his studies. If he can keep this relationship with her for 2 more years, than he'll move to her place, or his girlfriend will move to his place, and have a real life relationship in the university.

Formerly: Raven

YouTube Twitter Steam
    • i agree with Sharky and DarkRaven.

I had a long distance relationship for 5 months, I already knew him for about 3 years now and we dated last year.
      We both had fun without physical contact or anything, I mean we skype call as much as we can and talk every single day for hours.

We treated each other like siblings and at the same time as lovers. We know each other very well.
      As Sharky said, trust is important.

Anyways add me on skype :D if you wanna :)
      As you can see, I'm here in New Zealand :D