Seeing who would be down to team up for a game idea. Volcano Man.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Seeing who would be down to team up for a game idea. Volcano Man.

Story: With planet's start to have little to no heat, and start to die, the fire people get into meteors and are sent to the planets to revive the heat in the core. Saving the planet. But one planet is so cold that the meteor does not get through the crust. So the lava man leaves the meteor and travels through the icy climate to each volcano, and revives the heat in them. When he reaches the final volcano, he makes his way to the core, reviving the heat.

Level ideas: Giant ice cavern surrounding a dead volcano, with a giant spider in it.
      Hale storm on the way to the final volcano.
      The first area after the meteor is a icy but beautiful meadow.
      A frozen lake as a region. Him wearing the boots makes it slower to melt, but if he stands on a spot to long, the ice melts and he falls into the water, killing him.

Notes: This is NOT based on combat.
      Each volcano gives him a new ability/item.
      If any combat, it will be little to none.

The main character. Volcano man. Alot of questions being asked about him, so i'll break it down here:
      A very skinny, slim figure made out of charcol and lava. Where a persons hair would be, really red-hot rock shapes into hair that's like Sora from Kingdom hearts hair. Spikey hair. The lining on his face from lava resembles a face. He wears gloves and boots made from brown fabric that does not burnt.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aiden the Misfit ().

• Below are the current list of team members. This post will be updated as more people are recruited.
      Display Spoiler

TEAM MEMBERS
      --------------------

Lead Devs : ...................Misfit, Connor

Managers : ....................Alex, Sharky

Programmers : ...............Sharky, Connor

2D Artist : ..................... -none yet-

Sub-Programmers : .......Alex, dragonlord7132

Music : ......................... Morgrayne, wulfsok

Voice Acting : ................GoGetA, NZ Stephano, OnyxAnomaly, weaselpwns

Story : ..........................Alex

Art : ..............................dragonlord7132, Br00tal, Holly

Testers :........................ MicoTheDarkReaper, deadbart, Panda Muffin

Ideas :........................... Peachie, Holly, Dark Raven

LOOKING FOR
      ------------------
      GML and/or Unity Programmers
      2D Comic Style Artist

The post was edited 11 times, last by Sharky ().

• Sharky wrote:

The story is clever and pretty cool. I'm pretty much on-board as I can code the engine.

But we'll need more people if we are to make this.

Like, Spriters, Music Making, Voice-Actors [if voice is needed] and some other programmers.

So, I'm on-board. And would love to talk more. c:

Groovy, a voice actor I could get easily. Music making, Morgrayne is in for making music. The others, might be difficult to recruit.
    • Peach, you are more than welcome to throw any ideas into the discussion, if you'd like. And if you wanna try, Dragonlord, that'd be cool. I'm thinking the character is really skinny, made of lava/rock obviously, with a noticable face. When he breathes, a small bit of black smoke comes out of his mouth(Like a regular person seeing their breath in cold weather) etc. (Saying all this to explain my idea for the character)
    • ProjectMisfit wrote:

Peach, you are more than welcome to throw any ideas into the discussion, if you'd like. And if you wanna try, Dragonlord, that'd be cool. I'm thinking the character is really skinny, made of lava/rock obviously, with a noticable face. When he breathes, a small bit of black smoke comes out of his mouth(Like a regular person seeing their breath in cold weather) etc. (Saying all this to explain my idea for the character)
      I tried to think... and all I could think of was kittens. Kittens made of snow. They throw snow. And are cute. And make cute sounds. Even when they die.

...you know, if someone wanted for once make a CUTE game I might be useful... xD
    • dragonlord7132 wrote:

I'll try my best ;)

peachvomit wrote:

ProjectMisfit wrote:

Peach, you are more than welcome to throw any ideas into the discussion, if you'd like. And if you wanna try, Dragonlord, that'd be cool. I'm thinking the character is really skinny, made of lava/rock obviously, with a noticable face. When he breathes, a small bit of black smoke comes out of his mouth(Like a regular person seeing their breath in cold weather) etc. (Saying all this to explain my idea for the character)
      I tried to think... and all I could think of was kittens. Kittens made of snow. They throw snow. And are cute. And make cute sounds. Even when they die.

...you know, if someone wanted for once make a CUTE game I might be useful... xD

A kitten could be one of the side characters in the story.
    • You see, i really wanted to post it. But right before i wanted to uploaded it.. BAM, this thing appeared moddb.com/games/lava-girl I just hope that the story is different. Anyway, here! Enjoy my crappy sketch of who-knows-what. *Btw i can't make it thin and it's smokey all-over AND my camera sucks.. Kill me..

Btw, i'll try to make a better one :3

If you're angry, don't break anybody's heart, they only have one..... Break their bones, they have 206 of them
    • Sharky wrote:

The story is clever and pretty cool. I'm pretty much on-board as I can code the engine.

But we'll need more people if we are to make this.

Like, Spriters, Music Making, Voice-Actors [if voice is needed] and some other programmers.

So, I'm on-board. And would love to talk more. c:

weren't you busy with that other project?

• wulfsok wrote:

If Morgrayne and you are cool I could help with a few music tracks as well.

Here's an example that seems to fit your universe

If you mind the compression boobtube puts on shite I have it on my soundcloud as well.
      I don't know about you but i prefer a calmer/quieter music. Some kind of... Icy ambience or that kind of shit

If you're angry, don't break anybody's heart, they only have one..... Break their bones, they have 206 of them