Bratty Sibling help >:(

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Bratty Sibling help >:(

My older brother Tim is like seriously pissing me off: His room is pretty damn huge(it's the attic so he shares it with our little brother Troy) and last night Troy asked me to come play Uncharted 3 with him so I did. I fell asleep on Tims bed, and he comes home at 7:30 (from
      over-night shift) this morning and says "This is a problem..." I woke up and I'm like "chill I just fell asleep in here" and since I had fallen asleep like an hour previous(we played until 6 a.m.) I just set my blankets up on the couch across from his bed. I was like so sleepy I was dizzy and probably would have barely made it down the stairs. He goes back downstairs and tells our mom.(Who babies him insanely) Our mom calls me downstairs and is like "I need to talk to you. You guys are in his space. We need to set some boundaries. Lets have a talk later." I don't do this on a daily basis. I've actually just moved in 2 months ago.(Lived with dad until i was 17 and got my own place but i moved to this city with them because of a work relocation and am currently looking for another apartment) I was still sleepy so I was like sure whatev and went back to sleep on the couch. He gets out of the shower comes upstairs and stares at me laying on the couch for legit 2 or 3 minutes. I wasn't asleep all the way and I heard him come up the stairs stop and do it. So I woke up a little while ago and came down to pee and mom calls me. "Yeah we definitely need to have a sit down and talk. Three people up there? Four including Paradise(the dog that sleeps in her cage in the corner of the room since he always has the poor thing locked up and is too lazy to take her out, then he gets mad when she pees on his floor) are too many in Tim's space." He's being like a MAJOR brat and it pisses me off. Like I fell asleep on your bed and moved to the couch where I would be NOWHERE near you! And you run and tell mom?!?! He's like showing me sides of him that are seriously making me reconsider getting an apartment with him. I mean SERIOUSLY. You could have simply asked me to leave. You're 25 years old! (Going on 26 next year) Should I be childish and avoid him to give him the "space" he suddenly seems to be craving? Or should I just pretend like nothing happened. Remember mom's on his side(ALWAYS), Dads in my old town hours away, and he doesn't respond well to talks if there is an assumption that he has behaved in an unsatisfactory manner. He'll argue until he feels he is right or shut the conversation down completely. I REALLY want to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Quick example of how spoiled he is and how mom let's him be: He ALWAYS sits in the front passenger seat of her car(since he doesn't have his license yet) and if anyone else does he will literally yell and throw a tantrum(usually saying 'MY SEAT!' over and over again) and she always says "get out let Tim sit in his seat." One day we all went out with a friend if my little brother's the two of them were complete gentlemen and appealed to Tim to let me sit in the front instead of cramming me in the back but our mom goes "Tim is too big to be in the back your smaller than him Tim get in the front." Tim objected for once but she was still told him to ride up front

Maybe I'm over reacting and IM actually the spoiled brat...I don't know. Help? Advice? Anyone?
      .: When she was just a girl, she expected the world, but it flew away from her reach, so she ran away in her sleep :.

.: Dreamed of paradise, every time she closed her eyes :.
    • First of all you need to go down to the sports store, buy a bright red boxing glove and punch your brother in the winky for being a child, then you need to skip down stairs (When I say skip I seriously mean it, maybe play some Lollipop by The Chordettes for added effect) then tap your mum on the shoulder and PUNCH HER IN THE BABY MAKER!

Nah, only kidding. The truth is that your brother Tim is a spoiled lump of fecal matter and is probably used to being mommy's little boy. It is something that kids realise they can take advantage of after a while and sadly there is nothing you can do about it. Questioning your mum will only make things worse and I would personally suggest giving him this "space" that he desires and just going on your way. You say you are looking for a new place to stay, so I truely advise you just wait it out until you find your own haven.

Until then buy another PS3 and play with your little brother somewhere else. You can then take your new console (Just get a used one if needed as PS3s are incredibly reliable) and then maybe let your little brother stay round sometimes and have good quality time together without your pain in the ass man child brother getting in the way.

If you want an awesome prank to pull on him, get a bowl of warm water and put his hand in it while he is asleep. Then laugh when he wakes up and goes crying to mummy. Hey, no need to thank me ;-D
      There is always time for muffins.
    • I love your advice, always, Noirproxy :)

It's true, it really does sound like he's taking SERIOUS advantage of your Mum's nature to... well, be a Mother! She realizes you're all starting to grow up and he acts the same as a little kid (from the sounds of it anyway) and I doubt your Mum even realizes that she's favouring him so talking to her truly would be a waste of time. But best of luck finding your own place! I wish I could but mines due to my whiny ass bitchy father who has a go at me for EVERYTHING... you name it, he has a go at me because I weigh too much, play video games, go out too late, spend too much time with friends, haven't got a job, etc. and he even said if I'm unemployed by my birthday then I'm out but I actually want to leave myself now :|

I was told this advice aswell, make sure you know whether the place you're buying is free-hold or leasehold... if it's leasehold then you only have the place for so long on a contract sort of thing (it could be up to 99 years or as little as 5 before someone says, sorry we've been told to knock these houses down and build a hospital) whereas free-hold means it's yours.

I don't know the inns and outs of it but make sure you ask lots of questions and check before getting your own place
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • I'd just give him his space. At least he'll leave you alone then. My brothers (older and younger) gang up on me and tease me incessantly. It's gotten to the stage where I hardly leave my room, but they still follow me there and annoy me more.

Childish your brother may be, but a room is a place of your own where you can relax and escape everyone else. Well, if you haven't got siblings like mine...

I'm assuming you're the middle child like me, so if your mum is anything like mine, who favours my elder brother because he's first-born and my younger brother because he's the baby, it isn't personal, it's just instinct. :)