Relationship Break Up Stories

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Relationship Break Up Stories

How's it going bros! It's Cormano here asking bros to share a certain story!

Some of you might know that I had been in a seriously bad end to a relationship lately. The end was terrible indeed and my ex decided that she wanted to be friends and all so yeah, I agreed, we became friends, best of friends at most. She was unsatisfied with me because she said that I had not told anyone how we broke up and when I did, she told her friends and now her friends think I'm a bad guy after she told them her side of the story. I said my side obviously and they seemed compliant enough, they said it was all ok and that they would help so on and so fort. But alas, they decided it's not worth it since they've only known me for like what... 2 years?

So, what is my question? Simples. Have you ever had a seriously bad break up? If so, how bad was it? Are you willing to share your story? My task for this thread is to see how people have handled really bad break ups. I am willing to start this thread by sharing my story.

My story is that during my time with my ex, we were having serious arguments. Most times, it was petty and it was all ok afterwards but near the end, it became increasingly violent with me nearly taking my own life and going to prison as well. I didn't go to prison because I caused people harm but it was because I showed her I was going to take my own life. I did this because no one else could help me and she was the only one left to help. While I was suffering serious depression and family problems, she was having her friends visit her house and saying she was ill. That's how it all ended however she asked if she could see me, so I did and we became friends again. Now, she took me of FB, Tumblr and Skype along with her friends after she told her side of our break up and it increasingly causes emotional breakdowns because I was always blaming myself, always doing things for her, I even got her up to date with her own coursework for college at the risk of mine and in the end, I was treated as nothing more than a nobody. I handled things out pretty well when we were still friends but when her side was told, I'm always collapsing on the floor thinking they might get me if I even went close to her. I'm no coward don't get me wrong but I'm scared of her because she can convince her friends (especially since they are mainly guys) and right now I have no sense of security wherever I walk.

So, what is your story bros? If you are willing to share, feel free, if you are willing to help, then help out! This thread is all about sharing your story, letting it all out as well as trying to get people to help you as well as helping other fellow bros! I do these threads because I love helping people out. So... SHARE AWAY!

Keep in mind that in this thread
      • You are responsible for your own posts, if you name people, do so at your own risk
      • You are not being forced to do anything, if you merely wish to read, it is ok :D
      • Do not judge people solely on their story. They have many other stories, better ones than these
      • You are all awesome! Help each other out if you can! ^_^

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • I think we've all had our bad break ups, with me though, it's especially hard, even if I end it. [I'm a girl so, I expect a guy to end it for the most part.]
      I think the worst one was my first relationship, because I wasn't stable as a person back then. My mental health was deteriorating rather fast, and I ended up being locked in a mental hospital for a few weeks due to that person. The worst part though, was the fact that he started to date my bestfriend at the time, while I was locked up in the hospital.

Eventually, I did recover, although I'm still a bit emotionally scarred by it since it hurt me, and basically ruined my life and trusts of others. c:

I'm better now, dating a wonderful man c:

"Lefi is lefi
      if someone try to change lefi
      lefi will be mad
      lefi will fak yer shit up"
      Brootal c:

I love Mkerix, more than my Pokemon.<3
    • The first break-up is normally always the worst... I was no prince charming or prefect boyfriend that's for damn sure but I remember seeing her at school (we was 15 at the time) and I found her at lunch and she was talking to one of her friends and when they saw me they ran off giggling but when I caught them and kissed her goodbye as we were in different lessons she didn't kiss me back and then I was told by her friend in my next lesson that she had a crush on someone else so I went ballistic at her in front of everyone after school and broke up with her in the street... this was how it went as it's still engraved in my memory.

Me: Jennifer (name changed) can we talk?
      Jennifer: *looks at me* says something to friend
      Me: I'm serious, it's over if you don't talk to me
      Jennifer: *still talking to friend* *giggle*
      Me: Fine. FUCK YOU!
      Jennifer: Wait, bu-
      Me: IT'S OVER!!

Later that evening I saw her and the other guy kissing at the top of my street then I went home and punched every wall on the way to my room and punched a photo frame of me and her shattering it and splitting my knuckle open and I cried for about an hour being hugged by my mum and sister. I took it pretty hard... These days if a bitch messes with me or plays me like a fool I just ignore the hell out of them and if an argument breaks out I just put "lol, k or cool" until they shut up and then I never talk to them again ^^
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • It's a very long story, but I'll try and be brief. I had a girlfriend who meant the world to me at the time. I'd not been lucky previously until I started going out with her and this time it seemed like everything was going well. It lasted eight months. For roughly four-ish months she'd been cheating on me. I worked it out after she became really protective over her phone and other means of contact around me. Well one day that phone rang. Unknown number. I picked it up and pretended to be her 'brother' cause the person calling was a guy. I asked if I could take a message as she wasn't here. He told me to tell her that her boyfriend was calling and she should come meet him to discuss 'what they were planning'.

She comes back into the room, sees me on the phone and I just calmly hand it over to her with three words 'your boyfriend's on the phone. Wanna talk to him?'. She was stunned silent. I hung up and switched the phone off when she told me everything. They'd met at a party I'd been with her to, he took her virginity at said party, and they'd kept in contact and had kept meeting up. She told him it what we had was an open relationship and I was okay with her going down there for some fun, NSA. Then she told him we'd split and they took it to the next level. This guy was significantly older and had a car and a cousin that lived in Blackpool. They were planning to abandon everyone and go up there to be together, including me.

So obviously, huge argument. I told her how betrayed I felt and she tried to apologise. After I argued this wasn't really something she could justify or aologise for, she changed her tune. She showed her true colours. She'd previously told me the reason we couldn't have sex was that she didn't feel ready, but now I knew it was because she had some other guy ready for her in that area and I wasn't needed. So as the night progressed eventually I just chucked her out and she went off into the night. Next morning I get a text from her with a picture of the Blackpool tower. I knew my place after that.

And it's that story, that nightmarish situation that left me indifferent towards relationships. Hooray for fun stories, eh?
    • Rune wrote:

The first break-up is normally always the worst... I was no prince charming or prefect boyfriend that's for damn sure but I remember seeing her at school (we was 15 at the time) and I found her at lunch and she was talking to one of her friends and when they saw me they ran off giggling but when I caught them and kissed her goodbye as we were in different lessons she didn't kiss me back and then I was told by her friend in my next lesson that she had a crush on someone else so I went ballistic at her in front of everyone after school and broke up with her in the street... this was how it went as it's still engraved in my memory.

Me: Jennifer (name changed) can we talk?
      Jennifer: *looks at me* says something to friend
      Me: I'm serious, it's over if you don't talk to me
      Jennifer: *still talking to friend* *giggle*
      Me: Fine. FUCK YOU!
      Jennifer: Wait, bu-
      Me: IT'S OVER!!

Later that evening I saw her and the other guy kissing at the top of my street then I went home and punched every wall on the way to my room and punched a photo frame of me and her shattering it and splitting my knuckle open and I cried for about an hour being hugged by my mum and sister. I took it pretty hard... These days if a bitch messes with me or plays me like a fool I just ignore the hell out of them and if an argument breaks out I just put "lol, k or cool" until they shut up and then I never talk to them again ^^
      Wow... That must have been a real tough case... I don't know how you can manage, but it's good to know that you can!

OzzyMandez wrote:

It's a very long story, but I'll try and be brief. I had a girlfriend who meant the world to me at the time. I'd not been lucky previously until I started going out with her and this time it seemed like everything was going well. It lasted eight months. For roughly four-ish months she'd been cheating on me. I worked it out after she became really protective over her phone and other means of contact around me. Well one day that phone rang. Unknown number. I picked it up and pretended to be her 'brother' cause the person calling was a guy. I asked if I could take a message as she wasn't here. He told me to tell her that her boyfriend was calling and she should come meet him to discuss 'what they were planning'.

She comes back into the room, sees me on the phone and I just calmly hand it over to her with three words 'your boyfriend's on the phone. Wanna talk to him?'. She was stunned silent. I hung up and switched the phone off when she told me everything. They'd met at a party I'd been with her to, he took her virginity at said party, and they'd kept in contact and had kept meeting up. She told him it what we had was an open relationship and I was okay with her going down there for some fun, NSA. Then she told him we'd split and they took it to the next level. This guy was significantly older and had a car and a cousin that lived in Blackpool. They were planning to abandon everyone and go up there to be together, including me.

So obviously, huge argument. I told her how betrayed I felt and she tried to apologise. After I argued this wasn't really something she could justify or aologise for, she changed her tune. She showed her true colours. She'd previously told me the reason we couldn't have sex was that she didn't feel ready, but now I knew it was because she had some other guy ready for her in that area and I wasn't needed. So as the night progressed eventually I just chucked her out and she went off into the night. Next morning I get a text from her with a picture of the Blackpool tower. I knew my place after that.

And it's that story, that nightmarish situation that left me indifferent towards relationships. Hooray for fun stories, eh?
      It was a good move that you didn't do anything like follow her there or even went into a rage when talking to her. She sold her body to someone else and that was something she knew that would completely end everything between the two of you. She was pulling you and yet you didn't fight for her because you knew there is no point trying. You are indeed a very wise person. I hope she realises what she had done and I hope it hits her hard in life. For you, I hope you find someone who won't betray you like that and hope that you both live happily together ^^

There's another 2 parts to my story. These two parts played a very heavy role on my current mental health because these two parts are what built and what destroyed my relationship with my current ex.

The first part is actually before we were going out. I spent a good long time with her and she said to me that she had never been close to someone else but me and that she really REALLY loved me. The thing is, during that time, I was actually going to tell her that I was leaving her. This was because everyone knew something was going on and even she admitted that she loved me so much that she couldn't let me go but the problem is she kept trying to say she doesn't want a relationship at the same time. Now, I thought her reasons were pretty decent and that was because she feared being in a relationship since she fears the fact that she is going to be hurt, but it took me having decided to leave her before she could make her mind up. This then goes to my second part of the story which is about her actually leaving me. She said to me so many times that she had loved me, she wanted me to be in her life, so on and so fort. After all of the incident that had happened, I said on the Original post that I had agreed to see her again and be friends with her... The fact is, I was at risk of getting arrested if the police knew that I was in contact with her. She broke that boundary and it not only got me at high level risk, it also made my psychologist annoyed because she kept contacting him to make me talk to her. I gave her so many chances, I always said I'd be there for her but in the end, she pushed me away and her friends told me to stay away from her.

It's funny... She kept saying she doesn't want me out of her life and yet here I am... Out of her life. I knew what I lost and tried to show her I'm willing to do anything I can to gain it back, she has another view of the things I do...

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART

The post was edited 1 time, last by CORMANO ().

• Oh jeez...I've had my share of nasty breakups.

Well, my first breakup, I was dating this guy...we had been together for about 9 months, and I found out he had cheated on me with multiple people from the very beginning. Girls and guys. Mostly guys. He was using me as a coverup...

And the most recent breakup, I'm still not really sure why he ended things with me. He told me that I was the best thing that had ever happened to him, but that didn't stop him from dumping me on our six month anniversary. :/ He said that "he didn't love me the way I loved him." I think there's more to it than that, but whatever...this happened three months ago, and I'm still pretty hurt over it. :/
      I'm gonna be a blitzball when I grow up! :D