Ever got way too much into the movie?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Ever got way too much into the movie?

Well.... Had anyone watch movies and cry when the protagonists die, or dramatic moments?

As i'm a cold hearted. Barely any movie make me end up like above.
    But there's two movies that make me drop tears

"Contain minor Spoiler of movie"
    Display Spoiler
    first movies is "source code", of course i start to feel how the main character feel when he found out he was just a coma guy who have been send back to eight minutes before the train blow up, Repeatly.
    And when he ask the assistant to do his favor for his last attempt, I start to feel something bad is going to happen. As he decide to to correct everything (defuse the bomb, arrest the bomber) but when it came toward the end the eternal kiss scene make me drop out crying. I don't know why but this scene make me cry every time i watch.

The Second movie is "Sanctum", Normally i won't cry for this. but not when i had suffered from "thanatophobia". As i watch and experience they (the cave explorers) attempt to get out of the underground cave it start to getting more intense. And when i Found out the protagonist father's Death i cried again.
    But this movie cured off my thanatophobia as it shown how life is worth surviving as the protagonist decide to survive after all he had gone through.
  • Bloodyspare wrote:

Well.... Had anyone watch movies and cry when the protagonists die, or dramatic moments?

As i'm a cold hearted. Barely any movie make me end up like above.
    But there's two movies that make me drop tears

"Contain minor Spoiler of movie"
    Display Spoiler
    first movies is "source code", of course i start to feel how the main character feel when he found out he was just a coma guy who have been send back to eight minutes before the train blow up, Repeatly.
    And when he ask the assistant to do his favor for his last attempt, I start to feel something bad is going to happen. As he decide to to correct everything (defuse the bomb, arrest the bomber) but when it came toward the end the eternal kiss scene make me drop out crying. I don't know why but this scene make me cry every time i watch.

The Second movie is "Sanctum", Normally i won't cry for this. but not when i had suffered from "thanatophobia". As i watch and experience they (the cave explorers) attempt to get out of the underground cave it start to getting more intense. And when i Found out the protagonist father's Death i cried again.
    But this movie cured off my thanatophobia as it shown how life is worth surviving as the protagonist decide to survive after all he had gone through.

I'm exactly the same! I HATE happy endings, I want an ending that's going to leave me distraught and speechless, plus close to tears after it's finished. Not a stupid "we beat everything and everyone and now we're all living with no worries like a big happy family!" type ending... that's what the Disney films are for (With the exception of Up, I cried during the first 15 minutes of that!) My favourite heavy rain endings are when everyone dies :p So no, you're not alone ;)
    Subscribe! YouTube
    Fan Group!Facebook
    Follow me! Twitter
  • SwinkyLeprechaun wrote:

Marley n' Me. Nuff said.

I remember going to the cinema that day to see one of the Final Destination films and some random chav goes up to the line waiting to see that film and shouts
    Display Spoiler
    THE DOG DIES!!
    XD the look on the faces of the people in that queue... I'll never forget

Two films I can think of that fit a sick, twisted, tear-wrenching, WTF ending:

SAW 3 -
    Display Spoiler
    The main "survival" guy gets cocky and kills Jigsaw at the end and his wife's head is blown to pieces, the movie ends with all of them dead and the one guy hugging his wife's corpse. Will NEVER forget that film!

Final Destination 5 -
    Display Spoiler
    When they all get on the plane at the end it's revealed that they are on the same plane that blows up in the beginning of the first movie. How it's played out is so much more genius than I could ever describe, just watch the film... it's brilliant (if a little OTT with the gore)
    Subscribe! YouTube
    Fan Group!Facebook
    Follow me! Twitter
  • Rune wrote:

SwinkyLeprechaun wrote:

Marley n' Me. Nuff said.

I remember going to the cinema that day to see one of the Final Destination films and some random chav goes up to the line waiting to see that film and shouts
    Display Spoiler
    THE DOG DIES!!

SAW 3 -
    Display Spoiler
    The main "survival" guy gets cocky and kills Jigsaw at the end and his wife's head is blown to pieces, the movie ends with all of them dead and the one guy hugging his wife's corpse. Will NEVER forget that film!

Final Destination 5 -
    Display Spoiler
    When they all get on the plane at the end it's revealed that they are on the same plane that blows up in the beginning of the first movie. How it's played out is so much more genius than I could ever describe, just watch the film... it's brilliant (if a little OTT with the gore)
    Ahh jesus you gotta hate the chavs now X( Lol i'd be pure pissed if someone did that xD

Saw 3.. is that the one where Jigsaw captures that girl and she has to take care of him so SHE can survive? And then her husband kills him so she di- Yeeahhhh i think i saw that xD I was all like "Ohh HELL NO THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN. NUH-UH." It did, unfortunately.
    Never seen Final Destination before but that does sound awesome!

Rune wrote:

SwinkyLeprechaun wrote:

Marley n' Me. Nuff said.

Display Spoiler
    THE DOG DIES!!

SAW 3 -
    Display Spoiler

Final Destination 5 -
    Display Spoiler
    Ahh jesus you gotta hate the chavs now X( Lol i'd be pure pissed if someone did that xD

Saw 3.. is that the one where Jigsaw captures that girl and she has to take care of him so SHE can survive? And then her husband kills him so she di- Yeeahhhh i think i saw that xD I was all like "Ohh HELL NO THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN. NUH-UH." It did, unfortunately.
    Never seen Final Destination before but that does sound awesome!

Yep! That's the one!

The best order to watch the films of Final Destination in is this:

or just

4 should have NEVER existed, the fourth film (calle THE Final Destination - and not FD4) is the biggest piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through for 90 minutes, terrible writing, terrible death scenes, terrible realism, just terrible. Steer well clear of the 4th but other than that number 2 and 5 are the best ones! :)
    Subscribe! YouTube
    Fan Group!Facebook
    Follow me! Twitter
  • The Lovely Bones- I think Peter Jackson is the director :3 The movie reminds me a lot of things, i watched it like a million times.

Hachiko- God damn it, it's so sad that I cried so bad watching it on the airplane. Everybody was asleep so that's good.

Marley & Me- I obviously cried on this one too, there were a couple of times when I held onto my dog while watching it and then now I don't even want to because I don't have my dog with me and I cry harder.

The Blind Side- I don't know but i like it

The Proposal- Oh my god, I love Betty White, Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. Watched it a million times too :D

Pokemon movies- I don't know but everytime I watch Pokemon movies, I always cry because it's so beautiful. Mewtwo and Mew movie made me cry the most.

I think this is pretty much it!
    I know there are more but I can't remember them for now