Kony 2012

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I was kinda sick of KONY 2012, because i saw it literally everywhere on the internet, and it got old fast... But this is just same bullshit that would piss off even the people who didn't really care.
      The creator of this, Ik he is serious and really wants to make a difference... but since the government gained control over the Invisible Children charity, only 10% of the profits are going help them(And its just for weapons, and soldiers. No help with supplying those poor souls with food or water.) The founder was so pissed at this that was in the middle of the street, naked, crying, and pounding on the ground. All the years and money he put into this, almost all goes to giving the US government a little more cash. I'm pissed off just thinking about it D:< Like, wtf america!? How much more selfish can you get!? They already got rid of free health care for people who cant afford it, and they also had to go and destroy what brought thousands of spirits up to try and make a difference. I... Just... GOD FAWKING DAMN IT!!!!! They've gone so far I don't even know what to say anymore ;(
    • I'll leave this one thread open if someone's willing to discuss with me.

You know, the leader of the Kony 2012 campaign was arrested and taken into a medical facility because he masturbated in the public? Also, he was drunk and vandalized cars.
      And for Kony 2012: The whole campaign is a fraud, at least that's what the official documents of the Invisible Children group say. Here is a diagram to show you one reason why:

As you can see, only a very small part of the money would actually be donated, and you don't know how much of that actually arrives.

If you'd like to see a long statement including the official documents, tell me.
    • And thus the reason to why I've stopped caring about the so-called "Charities". The world is too corrupt to be able to handle it well and in the end I feel that if I donate it would only finance corruption, war and dictators. The red cross-charity in Sweden got swindled of millions of crowns by one of it's higher-ups back in 2009. So if you can't even trust the people in your own country, how are you supposed to trust the people in other countries?

I'd like to see the long statement + official documents, because this is fascinating.

• It's so damn confusing @_@

mKeRix wrote:

I'll leave this one thread open if someone's willing to discuss with me.

You know, the leader of the Kony 2012 campaign was arrested and taken into a medical facility because he masturbated in the public? Also, he was drunk and vandalized cars.
      And for Kony 2012: The whole campaign is a fraud, at least that's what the official documents of the Invisible Children group say. Here is a diagram to show you one reason why:

As you can see, only a very small part of the money would actually be donated, and you don't know how much of that actually arrives.

If you'd like to see a long statement including the official documents, tell me.
      I couldn't dream of masturbating in public xD that would be the most awkward, and embarrassing situations. How did they not find out he was mentally ill before this?
    • Because the video is twisted...please read...i provide sources. unlike the KONY video.

If anyone wants to know what it said:
      I've done a fair bit of looking into it, and everything doesn't add up.
      Heres my findings and I have included sources. Will probably get down voted to hell but I hope to give at least one of you a better understanding of whats going on. Theres ALWAYS two sides to every story. This viral film has caught the attention of heaps of young folk but you are all far too late. Watching that Kony video is essentially watching old news. They started filming in 2003, and northern Uganda has been free of LRA violence and war for over five years. In fact, the LRA have signed a peace accord! They are rebuilding and are restoring the peace. Yes the leader is still out there however the recruitment of children has decreased 80%. This isn't due to the Invisible Children organisation, its because Ugandan military and the ICC have intercepted. The Invisible Children group are trying to pass a bill that allows America to militarise the region... They are providing misinformation to woo idealistic followers. The group have combined multiple regional conflicts to make it appear that this is one rapidly increasing issue. When confronted about their dodgy tactics, the head spokesperson stated; “I agree with you that leading people to believe that the war is still happening in Uganda is not ethically right. It's something we've been addressing internally, focusing on getting all staff and supporters on the same page (of communication)." If you read the news, or even had an ounce of interest in the on-going unrest in Africa you would already know this and not be fooled. Yes, awful things happen to people in 3rd world countries but this has been occurring for centuries, it isn't a recent occurrence. I think its only fair if I am to make such comments I provide sources (unlike the people over at Invisible Children...)

SOURCES:
      Michael Kirkpatrick, a long-time Independent Global Citizen, he has resided in Uganda and other regions of Africa. He has no political, religious or financial agenda. He wrote this article and gave an in-depth insight to whats really going on. He also questioned important members of Invisible Children about their motives. [1] http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/122/AR…2010-06-02.html

Charity Navigator is a website that breaks down the proceeds and donations given to Invisible Children and subsequently shows what percentile of that is REALLY going towards these impoverished kids. A measly slither of what is going into the founders pockets. [2] http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cf…ary&orgid=12429

I've read an interesting passage from Northern Ugandan man however it is not 100% verified - he has advised the Northern Ugandan parliament have listed IC as their main priority on their "fraudulent activity" list. (See 2nd comment, username Livingstone). [3] topix.com/forum/city/stuart-fl/TQJSGHMES035Q6OI0

THIS article asking Invisible Children why they were pressuring poor AND illegal piece of legislation has since been removed and deleted. [4]
      http://blog.invisiblechildren.com/2010/0…om-lisa-dougan/

ADDITIONALLY - There were members of Invisible Children were saying what their "allowance" could purchase them, it was on a forum on the official website, and this has also been REMOVED. [5] blog.invisiblechildren.com/?p=5901

Also: [6] http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1320/…ganization.html
      I have a few more sources if anybody is looking for a specific answer, or where I got a certain fact, please just feel free to ask.
      Quoted from a post of reddit, which disappeared though.

I also think this video is quite interesting and delivers some good information:

And this blog article references indirectly to the whole charity thing (also it's funny):
      stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/23/18-awareness/

You can find a lot more articles by googling.