Help a bro with some homework?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Help a bro with some homework?

Hey Bros,

So, I'm a PewDie fan that is doing a research study on gamers, gaming communities (like this one), gaming groups (guilds and stuff like that), and pretty much gaming in the online/youtube generation. The note under this was pretty much just me throwing something out into space to get the attention of the forum or anyone that might be interested in helping.

I'm trying to get information and opinions to bring positive attention to the world of gamers and I'm also trying to seek publication for my study to give people like us a voice in the academic world. If you want to help out or wouldn't mind doing a short survey, answering a few short questions, or just sending me to your YouTube and promoting you in my research/paper feel free to message me.

It's all painless and for a good cause (I promise)!

*Brofist*
      .Lyps.

((PewDie,

First of all, you are awesome and I am a HUGE fan, and this
      is sort of why I’m asking you to do this. I’m a Graduate Student in the U.S.
      and I’m doing a research project on gaming communities and gaming groups and since
      you’re an extremely popular gaming YouTuber, I was wondering if maybe there was
      some way that I could ask you a few questions about being part of a gaming
      community and pretty much being the center of a community of viewers made up of
      gamers. I promise it wouldn’t take long and it would be a huge favor to a bro,
      but if you can’t that’s fine.

The project is due November 27 so I’ll be trying to do
      interviews from October 24th-November 11th. If you have
      any time during that time that’s I’d be happy to either set up a web interview
      of some sort or just send you the questions somehow.

But, uh, yeah, that’s it. You’re a total badass and I <3
      you!

*brofist*

.Lyps.))

The post was edited 1 time, last by Apocalypgloss: Just because I felt the need to clear things up ().

• sorry bro, this is most likely not going to happen, i would suggest getting into contact with flamz3 or mKeRix, they help run this website and are gamers. they might also have some answers to your questions about Felix. good luck, hope you get a good grade. :)
      Invinsibility is in defence; The possibility of victory in the attack.

-Sun Tzu
    • Wow, way to be bros being assholes and all that. It's an article for publication and a Grad project, and though I know I probably will get no responses from the Youtubers I've tried to contact I still thought it wouldn't hurt to try. I also thought it wouldn't hurt to try to gain some form of demographic or similar group reaction in a fan group but apparently people lack more tact than I give them credit for.

TheDubstepper wrote:

sorry bro, this is most likely not going to happen, i would suggest getting into contact with flamz3 or mKeRix, they help run this website and are gamers. they might also have some answers to your questions about Felix. good luck, hope you get a good grade.
      Thank you Dubstepper though, it's nice to see another human among apes sometimes.
    • Apocalypgloss wrote:

Wow, way to be bros being assholes and all that. It's an article for publication and a Grad project, and though I know I probably will get no responses from the Youtubers I've tried to contact I still thought it wouldn't hurt to try. I also thought it wouldn't hurt to try to gain some form of demographic or similar group reaction in a fan group but apparently people lack more tact than I give them credit for.

TheDubstepper wrote:

sorry bro, this is most likely not going to happen, i would suggest getting into contact with flamz3 or mKeRix, they help run this website and are gamers. they might also have some answers to your questions about Felix. good luck, hope you get a good grade.
      Thank you Dubstepper though, it's nice to see another human among apes sometimes.

While either me, xebaz or mkerix can answer some questions about felix for you I don't think it would help. I would try for another goal because its hard enough getting his attention as it is tbh.
    • Apocalypgloss wrote:

Wow, way to be bros being assholes and all that. It's an article for publication and a Grad project, and though I know I probably will get no responses from the Youtubers I've tried to contact I still thought it wouldn't hurt to try. I also thought it wouldn't hurt to try to gain some form of demographic or similar group reaction in a fan group but apparently people lack more tact than I give them credit for.

Firsthand, You do realize there have probably been over 9000 bros asking for pewdie when they register here? Probably not as a new member, but if you think about it, you'd realize it. But good try anyways.

Second, I don't think Pewds would be the one to rate games as like "A+" or something. I'd redirect you to other gaming communitys, where most likely if you ask a question they might answer it in their podcast. (becauselazytoevenlinktothem)
      But if you really want to know, just google 4PP(4PN). That's just one of the many.

EDIT: They answer 3 questions per podcast.

ココロオドル

The post was edited 2 times, last by bLanK.facE ().

• bLanK.facE wrote:

Second, I don't think Pewds would be the one to rate games as like "A+" or something. I'd redirect you to other gaming communitys, where most likely if you ask a question they might answer it in their podcast. (becauselazytoevenlinktothem) But if you really want to know, just google 4PP(4PN).
      Ah, right. is it 4player podcast? if it is. Yes, they respond alot of fans very often. and... i love your signature *Dem ass*

If you're angry, don't break anybody's heart, they only have one..... Break their bones, they have 206 of them
    • Those of you who gave tips, Thanks so much, my project is really on the community, not Pewds. I just thought it would be interesting getting insight from the center of a community and I did find one Youtuber willing to help me, but I'll check out what you guys said as well, thanks. If any of you have channels and do playthroughs and you are interested in helping out just let me know and I'll check out your channel and post you around in the communities I am already working with.

To those still trolling me, I'm a girl who actually works as a social media consultant for a university and several charities and I am a social media cross poster for a few major charities as well. I know it is hard to get in touch with any kind of celebrity, I'm not an idiot but it never hurts to try something when the only loss is not being answered. You shouldn't be mean or jump someone just because they go out on a limb and ask for a little help, especially when it is you guys that I really want to observe and write about. I feel like gamers and Lets play fans get a lot of hate and they are sort of a phenomenon from the underbelly of the social world that deserve a little academic attention. If you do wish to continue and troll this post then go ahead, you will be mentioned as the negative demographic in a scholarly paper that will be published, so if that's what you aspire to in life then GG I'll continue my life doing what I do and share your reactions with my Psychologist friend who is doing a thesis on cyber bullying.

Flamez, I'm actually more interested in what you and the others that run the site have to say, like I said this project is about the community around the Lets players and since you guys manage the community you would actually be more helpful so thank you for noticing this post.