How to install Black Mesa (Half Life 1 Remake) with Mirrors.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• How to install Black Mesa (Half Life 1 Remake) with Mirrors.

Because I got asked to post a Tutorial here many times, I finally found some time to do a quick step by step:

Things you need: A free Steam account, WinRAR/7zip, Source SDK 2007, BlackMesa.zip

1. Enter this site: blackmesasource.com/download.html
      2. Scroll down until you find the Mirrors (Just ignore the Torrent in this Tutorial) and Download Black Mesa, a 3.1GB .zip file, from an external site (That might take a huge while).
      3. If you´ve downloaded the .zip file you have to unpack/unzip all files (DONT unpack the .zip file in the .zip file!!) with 7zip or WinRAR. You can make an extra folder for this, but after installing it, you can delete these files.
      4. Now choose the Black Mesa application you´ve unpacked, run it and follow the wizard (It will automaticly choose the right folder).
      5. After the installation it will ask you to Download the Source SDk 2007 from Steam. Click on accept. If it dont ask you, open your Steam, go to your library click on All Games, then go to Tools, scroll down and right click on Source SDK 2007 and then on install.
      6. Now you have both, Black Mesa and the Engine (Source SDK 2007) installed and are ready to play. The game should appear in your library after you restarted Steam.

You DONT need Half Life 1/2 to play this game!!!

If I forgot anything or if you got some questions, just tell me, I´m here to help you.

And some hints for Beginners:

Display Spoiler
      Help where you can and poeple will help you; Dont shoot poeple or they will attack you; Give the man his toilet paper!!

Piggeh Love :love:
    • Kneesocks wrote:

Something tells me that Black Mesa isn't going to be free if this stuff continues. I'm sure Valve is going to bribe the mod makers and offer them stuff to take over the mod and put a pricetag on it.

B

My guess is that Valve buys it and all its content. Look at Counter-Strike, it was pretty epic, Valve saw that, in less than a month they had bought it and released their own re-branded version.

Check me out (or not): YouTube , deviantART , Useless Webpage .
    • DivinityArcane wrote:

Kneesocks wrote:

Something tells me that Black Mesa isn't going to be free if this stuff continues. I'm sure Valve is going to bribe the mod makers and offer them stuff to take over the mod and put a pricetag on it.

B

My guess is that Valve buys it and all its content. Look at Counter-Strike, it was pretty epic, Valve saw that, in less than a month they had bought it and released their own re-branded version.

well , Black Mesa is bad for Valve's marketing for the original Half-Life , so I'm sure Valve has a plan to cover it up and make it paid.