Socialblade dun' like me - The Drama Continues!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Socialblade dun' like me - The Drama Continues!

For starters , this ISN'T a youtube channel advertisement thingy. This section seems the only appropriate section for this stuff.

So yeah , I applied for social blade partnership and got declined for the reason I don't own the rights for the published stuff *cough* I do have the rights *cough*

So they asked me to remove it. Fair enough , but I own the darn rights so I don't really feel "removing" it , so I will set it to private , make some LP's and then apply again (with the vids @ private). Then when I'm partnered , I will just put them back on due the fact Phaze and Dano/Morgrayne granted me the rights to publish them stuffz ?

Masterplan
      Yes/no?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kneesocks ().

• Linkbomber1 wrote:

Kneesocks wrote:

BornForHorror wrote:

do you have any copyright strikes?

Of course not.

I've been having a similar issue. I only upload gameplay + commentary to my channel and got denied for using things that aren't mine. When I talked to one of their support people, they informed me that there was nothing which was infringing any copyrights on my channel but said that I would have to wait a while and reapply.

And this is why I'm going to supply proof on my next apply while having the vids which got "denied" in private/unlisted.

• I sent an email to Youtube about there copyright video gaming information since it's as clear as mud as to what will be accept for monetizing and such and what is not..But..they still have not responded...if/when i finally hear back from them ill PM the information to you so you can use it to show Social Blade that even youtube says its not a copyright issue
      Check out my videos and subscribe if you like them!
    • Deathskarl wrote:

I sent an email to Youtube about there copyright video gaming information since it's as clear as mud as to what will be accept for monetizing and such and what is not..But..they still have not responded...if/when i finally hear back from them ill PM the information to you so you can use it to show Social Blade that even youtube says its not a copyright issue

Meh , its not about the gameplay vids , since it IS allowed to moneytize them etc. aslong you commentate @ it. but RPM (the network where socialblade partners people with) rejected me due to the fact I have various music samples on my channel where "I don't own the rights off to (re)publish" it on youtube , while I have permission of the people lol. So yeah , next time I'm going to include screenshots etc. to it and make them piss their pants. Also the only video which may be copyrighted (which actually isn't) is the 10 hour video, which is footage from a (full) fanmade animation etc. and can not really copyright that (since ZUN owns the rights of Touhou). And I actually would be happy with that exposure.

• Kneesocks wrote:

Deathskarl wrote:

I sent an email to Youtube about there copyright video gaming information since it's as clear as mud as to what will be accept for monetizing and such and what is not..But..they still have not responded...if/when i finally hear back from them ill PM the information to you so you can use it to show Social Blade that even youtube says its not a copyright issue

Meh , its not about the gameplay vids , since it IS allowed to moneytize them etc. aslong you commentate @ it. but RPM (the network where socialblade partners people with) rejected me due to the fact I have various music samples on my channel where "I don't own the rights off to (re)publish" it on youtube , while I have permission of the people lol. So yeah , next time I'm going to include screenshots etc. to it and make them piss their pants. Also the only video which may be copyrighted (which actually isn't) is the 10 hour video, which is footage from a (full) fanmade animation etc. and can not really copyright that (since ZUN owns the rights of Touhou). And I actually would be happy with that exposure.

Ohh..i thought you where kinda having the same issue i was..my gameplay videos...all of which i talk my head off...some of them wont monetize because "I don't own the rights"..so i sent them a messege about it..but they prob. won't get back with me because they don't have good service..last time i sent them a messege took them all week to give me a one sentence answer which was not helpfull at all..lol..they need to work on that
    • Deathskarl wrote:

Ohh..i thought you where kinda having the same issue i was..my gameplay videos...all of which i talk my head off...some of them wont monetize because "I don't own the rights"..so i sent them a messege about it..but they prob. won't get back with me because they don't have good service..last time i sent them a messege took them all week to give me a one sentence answer which was not helpfull at all..lol..they need to work on that

They won't monetize my videos either. (Not that I'd get money from my obscenely low views but still!). I set them to monetize, 99% of them ask for proof of rights or whatever, so I put the commentary blahblahblah and they just sit under review.

Anyway, SB seems dumb if they just rejected you and are making you wait to reapply when they could've simply asked for proof, you could've provided it all in the same application.
      YouTube - Subscribe to Get That Tingly Feeling!
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Twitch.tv
    • VcentG wrote:

Deathskarl wrote:

They won't monetize my videos either. (Not that I'd get money from my obscenely low views but still!). I set them to monetize, 99% of them ask for proof of rights or whatever, so I put the commentary blahblahblah and they just sit under review.

Anyway, SB seems dumb if they just rejected you and are making you wait to reapply when they could've simply asked for proof, you could've provided it all in the same application.

Lol..welcome the the party then..i don't get alot of views either...at least you got alot of subscribers..i think my name confuses people...while i do play alot of scary games...i play everything..and i don't think people relize that and are off-put or something..idk..i've had FTL: Faster Than Light..both episodes under review for monetizing for awhile..and i got the rights to use there game from the creators...youtube has terrible service and it's getting on my nerves
    • I create my own music in a band called "Torch the Bridge".
      I've been doing this since 2006.
      I've released 3 full albums and 2 EPs.

So, in some of my videos I used music that I created.
      Yet, when I try to tell people who question copyright issues on my videos,
      they never seemed to believe me. It wasn't until I wrote out an entire official "copy/paste" statement, claiming that I own all the rights to said music that they took me seriously.

Apparently saying "Yeah it's my music." isn't good enough.
      I had to post in each description, "Music by Torch the Bridge, I own all rights blah blah blah."

It's stupid sometimes.

Check out my YouTube thread!
    • ChristopherClever wrote:

I create my own music in a band called "Torch the Bridge".
      I've been doing this since 2006.
      I've released 3 full albums and 2 EPs.

So, in some of my videos I used music that I created.
      Yet, when I try to tell people who question copyright issues on my videos,
      they never seemed to believe me. It wasn't until I wrote out an entire official "copy/paste" statement, claiming that I own all the rights to said music that they took me seriously.

Apparently saying "Yeah it's my music." isn't good enough.
      I had to post in each description, "Music by Torch the Bridge, I own all rights blah blah blah."

It's stupid sometimes.

Do you still have an example of it? since I'm gonna send it to socialblade/RPM then instead of a PM recieved here from the forum where the people say "Yeah , he has my permission" Xd