Pre-recorded videos.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Pre-recorded videos.

I have been a quite long-time follower of PewDiePie and first up until now I have one single question which I noticed in the Sims 3 video. Don't get me wrong on this or anything, I love Pew's videos and all he does, but bare with me on this.

If you watch it all through you can see in the end that Pew isn't playing, since he holds his hands behind his head. At the very same time the mouse pointer is doing alot of stuff with the sims. Im noone to argue, really I wouldn't doubt the man himself but is he playing everything first, then record the facecam?

Say that im right on this, when he played the Amnesia games and the more horror genre. Was it planned he would be scared with all the jump-scares? Did he look at the video, record himself, then like planned got scared when something got in his face?

Im very sorry if anything got misunderstood or if I missed something myself, but play with the thought and please discuss. Also, I am sorry if this is the wrong forum or whatever for the appropriate topic.

Take care bros! :)
    • SephZero wrote:

About the Sims 3 video you're right ... but maybe he did a mistake in the editing.

That is the case, its a simple mistake to do but he dont do it often thankfully
      Fractal Design R3, Win7, I7 2600k @ 4,6GHz, Noctua NH-U12P, 16Gb vengeance LP,
      Nvidia GTX 780 , Asrock P67 pro3, Force GT SSD 120GB, BenQ 24" (LED) + Hyndai 22", Logitech G110, Qpad QH-90, Razer Deathadder 2013
    • synok wrote:

Yeah but still he must pre-record everything or well, not pre-record it. I dont know.

he record the facecam onto one file and the screen on another, then he edits them together
      Nvidia GTX 780 , Asrock P67 pro3, Force GT SSD 120GB, BenQ 24" (LED) + Hyndai 22", Logitech G110, Qpad QH-90, Razer Deathadder 2013
    • Yeah, im sorry for beeing a bit naggy but well. If liam12192 is right, then he edits them together and really plans to get scared in the games, and so on? If he records facecam seperately, is he then watching the footage, something pops up, and he is like "WOW" or so on. I mean, he played the game, he knows whats coming, when its coming. I might be way out here so please correct me if im wrong.
    • Chances are he didn't line the face-cam up with the gameplay properly when he rendered the video.
      It's easily done because I've made that newbie mistake MANY times.
      It's a lot easier when he's doing a horror game because he can line up the facecam with the jumpscare to make sure eveything fits.
      Notice when he's talking to Stephano... He would have to time that like a GENIUS if he pre-recorded everything.
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • synok wrote:

Yeah, im sorry for beeing a bit naggy but well. If liam12192 is right, then he edits them together and really plans to get scared in the games, and so on? If he records facecam seperately, is he then watching the footage, something pops up, and he is like "WOW" or so on. I mean, he played the game, he knows whats coming, when its coming. I might be way out here so please correct me if im wrong.

Read this

InZanity wrote:

synok wrote:

Yeah but still he must pre-record everything or well, not pre-record it. I dont know.

he record the facecam onto one file and the screen on another, then he edits them together
    • synok wrote:

Yeah, im sorry for beeing a bit naggy but well. If liam12192 is right, then he edits them together and really plans to get scared in the games, and so on? If he records facecam seperately, is he then watching the footage, something pops up, and he is like "WOW" or so on. I mean, he played the game, he knows whats coming, when its coming. I might be way out here so please correct me if im wrong.
      I'm sure what Liam meant is, they are two seperate tracks of footage that need lining up when editing...
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • Yeah I know, and I think I misunderstood. But it doesn't explain if he is recording facecam while he is not playing, or the other way around. That's the best sense I can make of it, maybe im stupid and missing out on a point here.
    • synok wrote:

Yeah I know, and I think I misunderstood. But it doesn't explain if he is recording facecam while he is not playing, or the other way around. That's the best sense I can make of it, maybe im stupid and missing out on a point here.

The best way I can explain it is to quote myself...

"Chances are he didn't line the face-cam up with the gameplay properly when he rendered the video.
      It's easily done because I've made that newbie mistake MANY times.
      It's a lot easier when he's doing a horror game because he can line up the facecam with the jumpscare to make sure eveything fits.
      Notice when he's talking to Stephano... He would have to time that like a GENIUS if he pre-recorded everything."
      Subscribe! YouTube
      Fan Group!Facebook
      Follow me! Twitter
    • Well, that was a simple sync error .. you can easily hear the mouse clicks .. and seconds after that sound, he's sending "Jennifer" to bed, i suppose ... well, i know for sure that the sound of the mouse clicks fits the amount of actions he does in-game ... Soo ... Sync Error ... For sure ...

I bet you can't click that dancin' Buu
    • synok wrote:

Yeah I know, and I think I misunderstood. But it doesn't explain if he is recording facecam while he is not playing, or the other way around. That's the best sense I can make of it, maybe im stupid and missing out on a point here.

I'll make this really clear

HE RECORDS THEM BOTH AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME WHILE HE IS PLAYING, AND SINCE HE IS USING 2 SEPARATE FUCKING PROGRAMS HE GETS TWO FUCKING FILES THAT HE NEEDS TO EDIT TOGETHER IN A FUCKING VIDEO EDITING PROGRAM!!!!ONE!!1!11!!2345
      HOW FUCKING HARD CAN IT BE TO UNDERSTAND

AND TO CLARIFY: NO HE DOES NOT RECORD THE FUCKING FACECAM AFTER HE RECORDED THE GAME YOU FUCKING INBREAD MORON