Who wants to team up to create a horror game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Dovahkiin wrote:

The progress you make looks great..!! but you haven't posted something for the last days.. How is it going?

I'm still fighting with the menu XD.
      The problem here is I need the functionality to create an editor from them.
      As I mentioned several times I don't even have a list control XD.

I reworked some parts of the menu code and included some basic functionality
      into the base-objects of the menu-controls, such as scrollsbars and basic
      alignment of the text and the control itself.

Also I changed the menus themselves so they no longer need positions for the
      controls. The menus are initially devided into a 5x10 raster.
      If I add a control to the menu it will be positioned at 0;0 and the rasterposition
      is increased. If the number of controls I added to one "line" of the menu is
      bigger than the current menu raster, the raster will get increased and all
      controls in the menu are repositioned and resized to match the new raster with
      their individual attributes. Same happens if I increase the number of "lines".

That way I can create pretty neat menus without setting any position or size
      for any of the menu-controls. However there is the possibility to set the raster-
      position for a control manually though. I also included the possibility to give the
      menu controls a raster-span to let them stretch over different raster-boxes.

Maybe a picture will explain some things a bit better XD.
      The following screenshot is taken from the latest menu-version.

But the re-development of existing code always is a pain in the ass, so I most likely
      will recreate the whole menu-system from scratch, by copying over function by
      function from the old menu version.

Also I want to change the basic menu-handling itself. Until now I always just could
      show one menu in fullscreen. But I want to be able to show different menus at a
      time in different viewmodes such as windows or docks on the sides of the screen.

The post was edited 4 times, last by grasmann ().

• grasmann wrote:

I haven't been around here for some days now XD.
      First thing: I updated the first post and included all the bros.

State of development:
      I implemented the shaders, but I still got some problems with the texturing.
      The shaders are working, but they aren't implemented very good right now either.
      I found a nice shader pack for dark basic, which has everything included that you can imagine.
      There should be a wide range of effects possible with these.

I will repair the texturing as soon as possible, right after that I will work on a small testmap,
      because what I use at the moment isn't exactly a map ... it's just a floor and 2 walls XD.

EDIT:
      I finally found the error I made. And I can't believe it at the same time XD.
      I accidently used an If istead of a while ... I guess you don't necessarily have to be a programer
      to get which problems can be caused by this XD. loool

EDIT2:
      I thought I should show some first screenshots XD.

Parallax Mapping:

I just wanted to show you which kinds of shader effects are possible ... even with bad dark basic XD.
      Actually a picture like this is no big deal ... I could achieve this from scratch in like 20 minutes.
      But with my package system and a dynamic engine in the background, it surely is another thing.

I love parallax mapping :D.

Shadow quality:

The black box is an area ... to be exact my player-start-area in this current "map" XD.

To show the quality of the shadows I just activated the shaders for it, but it doesn't have a
      texture. That's why it's only black here.

However to the right of the box you can see the shadow of it. This shadow is rendered with
      a pretty low quality and I have full control of the quality in my code.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This very small test map is currently running with 460-480 FPS on my computer.
      My Computer basically:
      AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz
      AMD Radeon HD 6970
      The shaders actually cost a lot of performance, but 480 FPS is still pretty good.
      Look's awsome keep up the good work bro !
    • Sharky wrote:

Can I possibly be the alpha-tester? :D

As soon as I have reached a certain point in development I will release a public demo.
      Currently there simply isn't anything to actually test XD.

ThaShadowGamers wrote:

Look's awsome keep up the good work bro !

Thanks XD, and yes I will, although the development is currently a bit slow XD.

Rockspirit wrote:

I can do the mapping (I actually did 3 amensia custom stories , and had an experience in hammer), and music

I began some custom stories myself ... but I was very unhappy with the whole editor and the limited possibilities.
      Well I'm currently working on the menu system again, and the very reason for this is to improve it and get together the basic features
      to create a set of tools from them. One of them will be a map editor. However it will probably take a lot more time until then.

The concept in which the amnesia custom stories were made wasn't bad, and I'm actually planning to adopt some things.

dragonlord7132 wrote:

All these progammer talks makes my brain overheated

PHP Source Code

1. IF dragonlord7132 AND ProgrammerTalk {
      2. UnderstandNothing();
      3. OVERHEAT BRAIN(100);
      4. };

The post was edited 1 time, last by grasmann ().

• Concepts For the GAme

grasmann wrote:

First of all,
      Hi I'm new.

But lets get directly to business:

I recently watched pewds speech at the NoNick 2012, and was surprised to hear that he wants to create an own game.

I'm a hobby programmer with different variations of experience in VB.Net, Dark Basic, SQL, C++ and Java.
      My goal always was to create a game, too.

Currently I'm stuck with Dark Basic, because that's what I made my first stuff with.
      I don't have much interest in learning something harder, as long as I have to do it alone anyways.
      That was always my problem, I never found anybody to team up with.

What I have in mind would be a high quality game for a very special audience.
      I always wanted to create a game that is so horrifying, violent and disturbing, that you want to shut it down after some
      minutes, because you just can't play it anymore :D.

Also, another goal for me always was to release this game for free, and make some profit with advertising on the website,
      maybe even IN the game.

I currently don't want to say to much, since I also don't have the time right now.

However, let me know if you are interested.

If anybody is interested we can talk about the programming languages, concepts and everything else.
      I already have some things in mind.

Stay awesome bros! I know you will.

PS: Pewds ... if you should read this ... I'm not quite sure how high the chance is ... but still ... if you are interested, too, of
      course you're welcome. :D

EDIT:
      List of interested bros: ( This list is mainly for me, so I don't forget anyone of you noble bros :D ).
      Music
      SovietAssociate, PhaZe, HurriKanessi, lubiemuchy1234, predatorX9

Ambience
      PhaZe, HurriKanessi

Voice Acting
      TheRocker, LizardHelm, Mega_hyp3rrr_808, Bleackk, Skurw, FlawlessSalvation, tzer96, A Legit Phoenix, Generalmarsden,
      TheMiinuko, leonho97, Stefan 21, peachvomit, Husky, Pyronnix, An Angry Elf, jonijpelvi, baddragon360, Blazey, i cand sbell

Photoshop
      SovietAssociate, Kneesocks, Täby, Sharky, Dovahkiin, MintyFresh, Slowbro, Blazey

Ideas/Story
      Kneesocks, roliat, toadie, SunSlayer, A Legit Phoenix, DarkRaven13, Eurydice, leonho97, Husky, carcinoGeneticist,
      Copper_Stephano, gawfyguy, iLegit, Slowbro, Caine, 8BitDsx, An Angry Elf, DarkyV, jonijpelvi, Bundyclan

Other/Unknown
      jakeni96, Wobblematic, Bleackk, marstar12345, Michaelf1114, PhysXonFire, EpicRiceKakes, MuMbLz, Dovahkiin
      dayledabomb, 8BitDsx, SephZero, frotein, Bundyclan

3D Models
      Lucas

3D Animation
      Pyronnix

Animation (movies)
      SovietAssociate
      EDIT:
      If you have some ideas or anything you want to send me: [email protected]

Attachment:
      Concepts for the

grasmann wrote:

First of all,
      Hi I'm new.

But lets get directly to business:

I recently watched pewds speech at the NoNick 2012, and was surprised to hear that he wants to create an own game.

I'm a hobby programmer with different variations of experience in VB.Net, Dark Basic, SQL, C++ and Java.
      My goal always was to create a game, too.

Currently I'm stuck with Dark Basic, because that's what I made my first stuff with.
      I don't have much interest in learning something harder, as long as I have to do it alone anyways.
      That was always my problem, I never found anybody to team up with.

What I have in mind would be a high quality game for a very special audience.
      I always wanted to create a game that is so horrifying, violent and disturbing, that you want to shut it down after some
      minutes, because you just can't play it anymore :D.

Also, another goal for me always was to release this game for free, and make some profit with advertising on the website,
      maybe even IN the game.

I currently don't want to say to much, since I also don't have the time right now.

However, let me know if you are interested.

If anybody is interested we can talk about the programming languages, concepts and everything else.
      I already have some things in mind.

Stay awesome bros! I know you will.

PS: Pewds ... if you should read this ... I'm not quite sure how high the chance is ... but still ... if you are interested, too, of
      course you're welcome. :D

EDIT:
      List of interested bros: ( This list is mainly for me, so I don't forget anyone of you noble bros :D ).
      Music
      SovietAssociate, PhaZe, HurriKanessi, lubiemuchy1234, predatorX9

Ambience
      PhaZe, HurriKanessi

Voice Acting
      TheRocker, LizardHelm, Mega_hyp3rrr_808, Bleackk, Skurw, FlawlessSalvation, tzer96, A Legit Phoenix, Generalmarsden,
      TheMiinuko, leonho97, Stefan 21, peachvomit, Husky, Pyronnix, An Angry Elf, jonijpelvi, baddragon360, Blazey, i cand sbell

Photoshop
      SovietAssociate, Kneesocks, Täby, Sharky, Dovahkiin, MintyFresh, Slowbro, Blazey

Ideas/Story
      Kneesocks, roliat, toadie, SunSlayer, A Legit Phoenix, DarkRaven13, Eurydice, leonho97, Husky, carcinoGeneticist,
      Copper_Stephano, gawfyguy, iLegit, Slowbro, Caine, 8BitDsx, An Angry Elf, DarkyV, jonijpelvi, Bundyclan

Other/Unknown
      jakeni96, Wobblematic, Bleackk, marstar12345, Michaelf1114, PhysXonFire, EpicRiceKakes, MuMbLz, Dovahkiin
      dayledabomb, 8BitDsx, SephZero, frotein, Bundyclan

3D Models
      Lucas

3D Animation
      Pyronnix

Animation (movies)
      SovietAssociate
      EDIT:I would do voice acting and the story line if you want the help.

grasmann wrote:

If you have some ideas or anything you want to send me: [email protected]

Attachment:
      Concepts for the game
    • Hey,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not dead XD ... and neither is the project ...
      currently I'm taking kind of a ... forced break .... nevermind XD.

I guess I will continue the work either today or within the next days.

@KoyoteWylie
      I'm not sure what you are doing XD ... but I would appreciate it if you ( or a mod ) would
      fix this unneccessarily long post XD.
    • State of development:

The last thing I did was a complete redesign of the menu-system outside of the main code.
      But a really good menu system, with a lot of features, is a complete project itself, it's much
      work and costs a lot of time.

So, I will set that aside for now, and concentrate on the game again. Unfortunately currently
      the labels of the old menu aren't working anymore ( because I started the redesign within the
      main code ). So I will fix that and use the simple menu-system for now.

EDIT:
      The labels are fixed, and I will now continue the work with the shaders, because they are still
      not loading everything from the packages XD.

VcentG wrote:

I've decided to help you guys make this game.
      By testing it. I'm useful :D!

As I said, as soon as I got a working state, where you can actually test something XD, I will release
      it for everybody to test.

The post was edited 3 times, last by grasmann ().

•                                 | Hey kid, can I still help? I got some knowledge         |
                                      | in modeling 3d objets, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. |
                                      |/

And I thought that I was going to be the only hardcore Nichijou fan in this forum. xD

Helvetica Standard, also known as Neue Haas Grotesk Regular

• Helvetica Standard wrote:

Hey kid, can I still help? I got some knowledge
      in modeling 3d objets, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator

Well, as soon as I need 3d objects or textures, I will definitely ask for help :D

Helvetica Standard wrote:

And I thought that I was going to be the only hardcore Nichijou fan in this forum. xD

There are two kinds of people on this planet:
      1. Hardcore Nichijou Fans
      2. People who never saw Nichijou

The post was edited 1 time, last by grasmann ().