What kind of Alienware laptop should i buy?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Ok, for all the people who are hating on Alienware, they've probably never owned one. Sorry if I sound rude, but it really pisses me off when people only bad mouth Alienware saying basically the same thing over and over again. Yes it's a expensive system. That's how you get nice things, you save money and work hard.
      I have had a Asus, and I hated it. It didn't meet the demand I put in. I demand A LOT out of my CPU's. I can't use a desktop PC since I'm on bed rest. I heard all the 'Oh Alienware you're buying the brand' shite so I stayed away. Then I bought my M17. I love it. It is the greatest laptop/computer I've ever owned. It's about 2-3 years old and is just now starting to meet the bare minimums for top settings on games. It runs better then most of those computers you just listed, and those are brand new. They are durable as hell. I have 2 dogs and had a couple of cats. It survived all sorts of spills, drops, scraps and bumps but runs like new.
      Yeah you can custom make a computer, but it won't be able to survive a drop off a second floor dorm balcony after a drunken party. My alienware did. The price is for how long this laptop is going to last you, and the amazing things you can do with it. I can play sims 3 or any other memory heavy game, watch a video on youtube, chat with my friends on AIM, and check on my facebook all at once without lag.
      If you want my opinion, get the M17x. It is a compact PC. It has all the features of a pc, with a 17 inch monitor. Yes it's heavy, and portability isn't the highest thing. Also yes, it's expensive. In the end the choice is yours, go the cheaper route, or save up and get something that's going to be more worth it in the long run.
    • Mouse wrote:

Ok, for all the people who are hating on Alienware, they've probably never owned one. Sorry if I sound rude, but it really pisses me off when people only bad mouth Alienware saying basically the same thing over and over again. Yes it's a expensive system. That's how you get nice things, you save money and work hard.
      I have had a Asus, and I hated it. It didn't meet the demand I put in. I demand A LOT out of my CPU's. I can't use a desktop PC since I'm on bed rest. I heard all the 'Oh Alienware you're buying the brand' shite so I stayed away. Then I bought my M17. I love it. It is the greatest laptop/computer I've ever owned. It's about 2-3 years old and is just now starting to meet the bare minimums for top settings on games. It runs better then most of those computers you just listed, and those are brand new. They are durable as hell. I have 2 dogs and had a couple of cats. It survived all sorts of spills, drops, scraps and bumps but runs like new.
      Yeah you can custom make a computer, but it won't be able to survive a drop off a second floor dorm balcony after a drunken party. My alienware did. The price is for how long this laptop is going to last you, and the amazing things you can do with it. I can play sims 3 or any other memory heavy game, watch a video on youtube, chat with my friends on AIM, and check on my facebook all at once without lag.
      If you want my opinion, get the M17x. It is a compact PC. It has all the features of a pc, with a 17 inch monitor. Yes it's heavy, and portability isn't the highest thing. Also yes, it's expensive. In the end the choice is yours, go the cheaper route, or save up and get something that's going to be more worth it in the long run.
      They aren't saying alienware is a bad PC or laptop, they are saying it's over priced. you can get the same thing for less from another company, or pay a bit more to get it custom built(and you can get it custom built to be more durable). The reason allot of people do bad mouth alienware, is because most of them can't afford it and can find something else for less. Also, the M17 isn't in his price range, and his parents are buying it, not him(He's 13) I would love to have an Alienware, but am not willing to pay over $1,000 dollars for just the 14 inch. Let alone the M17. Sims 3 isn't memory heavy, I played it on my shitty laptop(got it in 2006), and it didn't cause me any problems.
      Oh, and why the hell would you have your laptop at a dorm party? Take more care of your things.