Game Inspired Make-up Look: Assassin's Creed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Game Inspired Make-up Look: Assassin's Creed

So I know this has nothing to do with Pewdie and probably not many of you on this forum are interesting in make-up or anything. But I was bored this morning, so I decided to do an Assassin's Creed inspired make-up look.

I started off by thinking of how I could incorporate the logo of the Assassin hood into the make-up look. I decided it would have to be a semi-dramatic look(aka not wearable in every day life) in order to do this.

I used this picture as my reference:
      To subtly make this logo on my face, I winged my eyeliner to look like the edges of the hood, and created a dotted/line triangle on my forehead:

To further bring in Assassin's Creed, I took into consideration the color of Ezio's (because he's my favorite :love: ) outfit as well as the setting of the game. I created an eye-shadow look consisting of the gold coloring of the settings, the red from Ezio's outfit, and also the brown from his leather armor. On the bottom of my eye, I included silver coloring to represent the majority of his outfit.

Ezio's outfit:

Eye-shadow look:

And finally, to make it just a bit more dramatic, more feminine, and to add a finishing touch, I placed jewelry around my forehead to connect the logo and add a beautiful touch:

And that was the final look. I'm obsessed with Assassin's Creed so this was a very fun thing to do. I'm actually thinking about doing more game-inspired looks and possibly filming tutorial's if anyone is interested. And if you have any suggestion for what game to use as a reference next, please let me know! This look took me about forty minutes to complete and I will be possibly using it for a Halloween costume or something of that sort. Anyways thanks to anyone who read through all of that :P and sorry if I put this in the wrong category.

:love: :love:

Xbox live: partypoison8
      Youtube:
      youtube.com/user/PartyyPoison?feature=mhee
    • benscott wrote:

I think it looks awesome. :3 And you look pretty with it.
      Awww thanks, you're so sweet :rolleyes:

Pamela wrote:

Looks nice altho it's not my style
      One question tho, did you use foundation? I think it would look better if you would make your skin smooth and a little blush =)
      Your pretty!
      Yeah, definitely wouldn't wear this around in public haha. And no, i didn't use foundation or anything for my face. Just did the eye-look, but yeah I probably should have :P and thank you! :love:

Youtube:
    • Lets see here.
      The sign on the forehead is not symmetrical and it irritates me 8D
      The eyeshadow is well done also the lines below.
      Try to experiment more with hair placement and jewellery.
      But i think the lipstick is TOO dramatic. Choose a more subtle tone.

Nevertheless, good job and i would love to see a videotutorial. <3
    • The lips are fine,specially when you have the costume. There is a little bit red in the cape and in the belt as I can see, so it matches the lips. (Not sure if it is a belt lol)

Make sure to upload some pictures if you are going to use this as a halloween costume or anything else! :)
    • Br00tal wrote:

Lets see here.
      The sign on the forehead is not symmetrical and it irritates me 8D
      The eyeshadow is well done also the lines below.
      Try to experiment more with hair placement and jewellery.
      But i think the lipstick is TOO dramatic. Choose a more subtle tone.

Nevertheless, good job and i would love to see a videotutorial. <3
      When you say symmetrical, are you talking about how only one side has a solid line or that the placement of the lines on my face is off? If its the placement, I'm like really bad at making straight lines haha but I tried to make it land at the same place of my eyebrow on both sides. And I tried doing it with two solid lines, but it looked so bulky to me but I can see if i can find another way to make the symbol with both sides symmetrical.

And yeah, I don't really like red lipstick because it tends to over power the look but unfortunately, I didn't really have any other option because I have no lipstick because I never wear it. But I'm thinking of getting a more nude/gold toned lipstick, or coral, to go with this look instead.

And thanks for the critic, it is really helpful! :love:

Pamela wrote:

The lips are fine,specially when you have the costume. There is a little bit red in the cape and in the belt as I can see, so it matches the lips. (Not sure if it is a belt lol)

Make sure to upload some pictures if you are going to use this as a halloween costume or anything else!
      I definitely will upload some more pictures if I can make/find a costume to go with this. I was thinking of using this look for a Renaissance fair or something similar to that! :love:

Youtube:
    • Yes, its the solid line. Use dotted lines only, looks better.
      I know that making straight lines yourself is a pain in the ass sometimes, but it needs practice.
      No lipstick in this case would look like something is missing and as you say, a nude/gold toned, and make sure its well toned and not plain gold.
      Also ACCESSORIZE!
    • It's a pretty cute attempt! I do makeup for a living and have tried out various movie/hame themed makeup looks, they're so fun (I might post some later)

In regards to the lines, use sellotape to make the shape you want the straight lines in, dot alongside the tape and peel it off, voila! Perfect lines. And I agree about wearing a good base, it always helps finish the look and also using a base on the eyes helps the eyeshadow sit better (and last longer!)

Look forward to seeing some more! :)
    • Br00tal wrote:

Yes, its the solid line. Use dotted lines only, looks better.
      I know that making straight lines yourself is a pain in the ass sometimes, but it needs practice.
      No lipstick in this case would look like something is missing and as you say, a nude/gold toned, and make sure its well toned and not plain gold.
      Also ACCESSORIZE!
      Changed the lipstick, did dotted lines like you suggested and added more jewelry!

ChristopherClever wrote:

I like the makeup.
      I think what bothered me was the color temperature of the photo, it's so... YELLOW!

But, that's just because I take photographs and wish everything was more evenly tinted. :3
      I used my phone to take the pictures and it does this thing where it like focuses on a certain part of the scene and auto adjusts to match that color. So I think all the gold in the picture and my skin made the picture come out so yellow. Sorry about that! I wish I could make it more even but I don't really know how I can fix that haha :P

Mega_hyp3rrr_808 wrote:

Looks great, I will look forward to seeing how it will turn out c:
      Thank you! :love:

Racheycore wrote:

It's a pretty cute attempt! I do makeup for a living and have tried out various movie/hame themed makeup looks, they're so fun (I might post some later)

In regards to the lines, use sellotape to make the shape you want the straight lines in, dot alongside the tape and peel it off, voila! Perfect lines. And I agree about wearing a good base, it always helps finish the look and also using a base on the eyes helps the eyeshadow sit better (and last longer!)

Look forward to seeing some more!
      Definitely post some! I would love to see some of your work! And do regular beauty stores sell sellotape? Because that would make my life so much easier haha. I did the look again, this time with foundation. And yeah, I use Lime Crime's candy-eyed primer for the eyeshadow. I heard doing a white eye-shadow base under helps bring out the color though? And thanks for the tips, it is incredibly helpful :love:

Updated look:

still working on costume ideas.

Youtube: