Pinned FAQ (Technical Stuff)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I'd like to point out that he also records sound to the webcam software, keeping FRAPS to record the game audio.

While I agree that it prevents the 3min long session to sync the tracks (and perhaps more importantly, keeps the input levels on separate tracks w/o using Dxtory or a different audio recorder), how would you pull it off?

If a hotkey in the Logitech software is available, that would be a big step, but what if the two separate softwares mis-sync? You would be screwed.

I'm sure a beefy CPU and HDD would alleviate it, but computers aren't perfect. Losing a complete take of a blind LP sometimes isn't an option.

(PS I have a very crappy Gateway Laptop to record my LPs, and despite minor slowdowns I can record games like Amnesia. Take Pewdie's advice, don't go and blow a ton of money on something you're just starting out doing. Besides, I thought our economy was fucked?)
  • Hey Pewds! i'm sorry if i disturb you but can you pic your whole setup? you know!
    your whole work area! please!
    ..............................__
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(

*BROFIST*

• A Question For You Pewdiepie

Hi pewdiepie!
    I am a big fan of yours and I have a few questions for you
    1: Do you have skype?
    2: How do you get your face to get up in a corner like you do?
    Thanks pewdiepie if your reading this I wish to talk to you in the future!
    :)
  • Do/does you/he still record games using Fraps?

I was wondering because sometimes you can see when you tab out of the game but Fraps only captures the game itself and wouldn't matter if you tabbed if I remember correctly.
    What is that other program?

/Chris
  • Menteroth wrote:

Do/does you/he still record games using Fraps?

I was wondering because sometimes you can see when you tab out of the game but Fraps only captures the game itself and wouldn't matter if you tabbed if I remember correctly.
    What is that other program?

/Chris

Actually, you can enable desktop recording on fraps.

"Everybody has after-school activities; mine is going home"

I don't like john green's books
  • minecraftmandudewtflolol239712312 wrote:

Hi pewdiepie!
    I am a big fan of yours and I have a few questions for you
    1: Do you have skype?
    2: How do you get your face to get up in a corner like you do?
    Thanks pewdiepie if your reading this I wish to talk to you in the future!

1. Yes, he does. But he does not add his fans. Only people he knows.
    2. Use a video editor to do that. Sony Vegas Pro works well with this.
  • Guys,i have a question about the synchorization like,if pewdie records only the PC sound with fraps,so he is suposed to use movie maker to record his voice and cam,my question is:
    How he synchonizes the cam,audio and voice without a delay like,the cam is 2 seconds late from the audio or video.
    does he start recording both at the same time?
    it can't be,because moviemaker can only be recorded pressing the "Record" button,and if he clicks,the game window(with fraps) won't be available to press the recording button.

PS:sorry if you don't understand,i am Brazillian,if you really didn't get it,tell me so i can explain better.
    Well,it looks im one of the only bros that are brazillian...

Frickin' amazing!

Look at pewdie
    pewdie is amazing
    give him a like
    hummm
    it tastes just like brofist! :thumbsup:
  • Job wrote:

Guys,i have a question about the synchorization like,if pewdie records only the PC sound with fraps,so he is suposed to use movie maker to record his voice and cam,my question is:
    How he synchonizes the cam,audio and voice without a delay like,the cam is 2 seconds late from the audio or video.
    it can't be,because moviemaker can only be recorded pressing the "Record" button,and if he clicks,the game window(with fraps) won't be available to press the recording button.

PS:sorry if you don't understand,i am Brazillian,if you really didn't get it,tell me so i can explain better.

Just start recording and give a signal to yourself when you start recording with fraps and then you just simply combine the 2 there and of course cutting out that part . In video editing, there are many ways to do this, this one was just one of those.
    + or maybe it was done by ...magic...
    <--- Oh, you hate me son?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bundyclan ().

• Bundyclan wrote:

Job wrote:

Guys,i have a question about the synchorization like,if pewdie records only the PC sound with fraps,so he is suposed to use movie maker to record his voice and cam,my question is:

Just start recording and give a signal to yourself when you start recording with fraps and then you just simply combine the 2 there and of course cutting out that part . In video editing, there are many ways to do this, this one was just one of those.
    + or maybe it was done by ...magic...
    Got it,or another thing that could help is use the voice in both,but put the only voice(from the moviemaker) at a higher level,so people can hear me and the game!
    thanks for the help bro.
    Well,it looks im one of the only bros that are brazillian...

Frickin' amazing!

Look at pewdie
    pewdie is amazing
    give him a like
    hummm
    it tastes just like brofist! :thumbsup:
  • I was actually surprised that he had that graphics card. I have the same, but I have less RAM (4GB) and a shitty CPU (Intel Quad-Core @ 2.7 GHZ).

I've always thought that he has a good GPU (GTX 690 for example), but I guess the computer is a lot of better, because he has a really good CPU.
    I should upgrade my CPU, an buy more ram.

Pew, buy a new GPU!
  • kArppo wrote:

I was actually surprised that he had that graphics card. I have the same, but I have less RAM (4GB) and a shitty CPU (Intel Quad-Core @ 2.7 GHZ).

I've always thought that he has a good GPU (GTX 690 for example), but I guess the computer is a lot of better, because he has a really good CPU.
    I should upgrade my CPU, an buy more ram.

Pew, buy a new GPU!

Weird thing is with recording, since youtube has a framerate limit. There is no incentive to push your GPU to get more frames. So your GPU works less since frame rate is at 30FPS instead of pushing for 60 like most people do. Having a BA processor is far more important with recording.