Pinned FAQ (Technical Stuff)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Hey Pewdie!!
    I really want a good camera and I'm sure you don't use a webcam to record everything (like vlogs and such)
    Can you recommend me a good digital camera that I can find on ebay for less than 200$?
    Or a good brand, because I'm not even sure where to start when buying that stuff. xD
  • hey! i have just a little question, i want to get started on youtube, too ..so i need fraps to record,.. do i have do buy it or does it work with the testing-version of fraps? with this version it stops all 30 seconds of recording... any help pls?
  • favyinc wrote:

hey! i have just a little question, i want to get started on youtube, too ..so i need fraps to record,.. do i have do buy it or does it work with the testing-version of fraps? with this version it stops all 30 seconds of recording... any help pls?
    Fraps will only record 30 seconds for the trial version. Bandicam trial version records 10 minutes. You'd have to buy one of them if you want unlimited recording.
  • ChibiZoMbiE wrote:

TripleJayStuff wrote:

What software does Pewdie use to record Cleverbot videos? Because it doesn't support FRAPS as far as I'm aware.
    I'm pretty sure he uses Fraps and just records his entire browser, then crops out the sections he doesn't need. If you don't want to do it that way, you can try using Bandicam or Xsplit. They both allow you to select custom screen regions.
    Alright, thanks Chibidude. It's not the fact that I don't want to do it that way, FRAPS won't allow me to.
  • Hello , I'm actually using a program 1.000.000 better than fraps , and i think PewDiePie can use it too :)

The program is Mirillis Action , and he have a lot of stuff that fraps haven't . Actually when someone records a game with fraps , they have a fps drop , the Action also have this drop , but it's a insignificant drop in comparation to Fraps , also the quality is better than in Fraps :)

Try it :)

PD: Sorry for my English , and the program is payware :)
    ''Not all the people that help you , are necessary a friend... sometimes an enemy can be your best mate :)'' Tomasz Michalski (gear2second)

• Gear2Second wrote:

Hello , I'm actually using a program 1.000.000 better than fraps , and i think PewDiePie can use it too :)

The program is Mirillis Action , and he have a lot of stuff that fraps haven't . Actually when someone records a game with fraps , they have a fps drop , the Action also have this drop , but it's a insignificant drop in comparation to Fraps , also the quality is better than in Fraps :)

Try it :)

PD: Sorry for my English , and the program is payware :)

If you want a FRAPS alternative, go with Dxtory. It's a bit more complicated, but the best one out there at the moment.
  • Sorry for not getting back earlier :)

Hows it going bro's! I'm sorry for not replying asap, i forgot i made this post XD Anyway, here's my answers to your questions you asked me:

TheFuSioNeXpErT wrote:

wilbso wrote:

What keyboard does pewdie use? I'm tryin to build my own gaming computer, and I'm just wandering what keyboard pewds uses?

Your wandering? Or did you mean wondering?
    Sorry :D I meant wondering...typo....But thanks for correcting me :)
    *Brofist*

abdalla999b wrote:

Are those the same specs as the current specs of your pc now?

because your pc looks like it's worth 1000USD ?(
    I actually live in UK/England/GB. And, for me, so far its gonna cost me aroind £1000/1000GBP. But i'm hoping some people might help me out by subscribing so i can partner up with TGN since i dont get the cool thumbnail features cuz im a gameing channel....

ChibiZoMbiE wrote:

abdalla999b wrote:

Are those the same specs as the current specs of your pc now?

because your pc looks like it's worth 1000USD ?(
    Yes they are. And it is possible that it costs that much.
    Correct :D

Camoceltic wrote:

What do you use for non-game recording, like when you're playing Happy Wheels?
    I use fraps, but im testing out a similar programm called bandicam, which dosnt take up as much space as fraps. But my current one is fraps.

Brofist guys! :) *Brofist*
    WILBSO

Display Spoiler
    I went outside once. Once.....

The post was edited 1 time, last by DanOS ().

• wilbso wrote:

I actually live in UK/England/GB. And, for me, so far its gonna cost me aroind £1000/1000GBP. But i'm hoping some people might help me out by subscribing so i can partner up with TGN since i dont get the cool thumbnail features cuz im a gameing channel.... If you dont mind, could you check my channel out please? If you can, then thanks bro! If you cant, its alright, it was just a thought, -[LINK REMOVED]

Its not about the subscribers , every time I see this I laugh hard. If we subscribe then we end up being uninterested subscribers and not fond of your videos. Its all about the views , the views help you to get partnership and the subs are only helping if they regulary watch your videos and I can almost guarantee they don't.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kneesocks ().

• Hey PewDie! I just wanted to know, can you just tell me how much money did you spent to buy all that? Cuz I wanna know, maybe I could buy another computer like yours to record, if it's not too expensive.
    Thank you!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Flamez3 ().

• ServantGrunt wrote:

Hey PewDie! I just wanted to know, can you just tell me how much money did you spent to buy all that? Cuz I wanna know, maybe I could buy another computer like yours to record, if it's not too expensive.
    Thank you!
    His computer probably costs maybe around $1,000 or so. You might be able to find the parts a bit cheaper depending on where you check. And please do not advertise your channel in forum posts like that. If you wish to have a link to your channel, put it in your signature.
  • My computer only cost about £900, and its a really good PC, i5 3.4GHz O/C'd to 4.6GHz, 16Gb RAM, GTX 650 Graphics, 2Tb HDD, Liquid Cooling.
    It all depends on the extra add ons you want to get, and of course where you buy it from, but generally over most sites the parts are roughly the same price, I managed to compromise as I already had a Windows 7 Disc, so I saved £100 on the O/S, and I also saved another £100-£150 on a monitor, as I just plugged it into my TV, I recommend doing that if possible.
    -GafferGames
    -www.youtube.com/GafferGames
    -For All Your Gaming Needs