[MOD] Faceless| A multiplayer, co-op mod for the Source Engine!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Manio wrote:

A little update on what's currently being worked on for the initial release that you guys can expect.
      ---
      • Two maps. SS_Forest and SS_Hospital
      • Players spawn with no weapons; and they can be killed in one shot if the Slenderman hits them.
      • Numerous spots around the maps where the Slenderman can appear. This can include behind doors, in buildings, and sometimes even behind you.
      • He'll grow more tentacles/appendages when he kills players.
      • 4 player models that the players will play as. To suit the "teenager" feel, they will be based of off social groups. This will include the "Emo", "Nerd", "Jock" and "Snob"
      • Players will breathe awkwardly when the Slenderman is close.
      • To have at-least one doll model completed & in-game.
      • You can voice-chat with people in your vicinity. If someone is too far away you cannot hear them (hopefully we can get this working)
      • Work on a "screen-blur" system so when the Slenderman gets too close, the player screens may get a bit blurry and reduce vision.
      • Hoping to have the maps even have some risks; such as traps, etc.
      • A series of unique voice-commands for people that don't have mics; and don't want to type out things like 'Behind you!'
      • And more!

So players spawn without weapons. Is there gonna be weapons or not i am a little confused. If you could kill slendy it somehow could ruin the fun but if you had like little pistol with one clip you'd had to put effort into killing Slendy with your buddies which would be kinda cool so fifty fifty... But is there gonna be like different objectives in different maps?
      Amnesia Custom Stories , Home, Dead Space, Amnesia: Machine for pigs. :love:
      Silly/Weird/Scary Moments Montage!
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T56PqxhzkqM&list=UU2_yBml3EPqXV3ml_TmFQhA&index=1[/youtube]

Silly/Weird/Scary Moments Montage #2
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd9_kZGf-3s[/youtube]
    • Wow, if only I had the requirements that are needed I would so download it as soon as you had the beta up and running.
      I'm a Mac user, so I have little gaming fun. I'm mostly xbox these days. :D
      "OH crap, OH crap, OH crap, running, running, running!" ~ Caboose (RvB)
    • 1. I think your idea for a multiplayer Slender game is the best idea in the world.
      2. If you take suggestions id like to ask. Could you make it free? Idk if you were planning to or not.
      And 3. Also, since there is the isolation factor involved. Dont you think there should be 2 flashlights? One for each group? i know it will bring down the fear factor but they wont be able to find batteries for both. So one will eventually run out. Get my point?
      Keep It Real Guys :thumbup:
    • Hey, girls and boys. Got another weekly update for you. Enjoy, it's got some videos!
      ---

So, it's another week of updating you guys with progress screenshots about the mod. I find it extremely exciting showing off what we've done each week, and for you guys to give us your thoughts & opinions. It's an awesome feeling, but first we've got a few more people to introduce on the team.

Kenny "Ynek" - Character Artist
      Tom "CRACKbomber" - Lead Programmer
      The Comedian - Skybox Artist

These guys have amazing work, and we're glad to have them as part of the development team. This will ensure a faster, and more efficient work-flow with the mod and hopefully we can reach our closed beta deadline of December 2012, with an initial public release sometime in March of 2013. Those dates are always subject to change if things arise. The dev team is mostly people in their mid twenties and we do have jobs, and some of us will be going back to school. Don't fret though, we'll still work on the mod and give you lovely people these weekly updates.
      Let's show of some progress screenshots of the first two maps. SS_Forest, and SS_Hospital. They're looking swell, and we've even released a real name for the hospital. It's fun times all around.

So, this is the lobby for the hospital. You know, the place where people wait. We're gonna raise the ceiling a bit, but you can see the name for the hospital on that pretty sign! Remember, this place has been abandoned since the 1980s. Map is being designed by Tucker "Farenhiet" Small.

Keep in mind that the hospital is a very early screenshot. Everything could be subject to change.

That's not all! We also have some progress on the forest map as well which is being designed by Christian (WitheredGryphon). Who here likes tunnels?

And another screenshot from the forest map. Whee!

Yummy. Aint that looking spooky? Anyways, that's not all for eye-candy for this week's update. We've also got some wonderful images, and two videos (Yes two videos!) from our Promo Designer, Adam "Sklarlight" Sklar. It's pretty sweet, and we can't wait to see your feedback on it.

Video Links: youtube.com/watch?v=2F_9jWYb6T4&feature=player_embedded
      youtube.com/watch?v=l3dZLFLv7FA&feature=player_embedded

o, yeah! We've got ARG's now. Hope you guys like em! And one of our texture artists, Fulcrum has designed his own wallpaper to share with everyone that's interested in the mod. You can check it out here to get the full version - Media.moddb.com But, here's the preview image if you're curious.

Plus, a random picture of Slendy's face made from our Decal Artist (Ultra Lulz) on a tablet. So, that's pretty cool! We're thinking about tossing it on a shirt.

Besides making a head for Slendy as a drawing, Ultra Lulz has also made some more notes and symbols. We love em, yes we do.

That's a lot of content so far! Are we done yet? We're getting pretty close so please bear with me, and I'm hoping your enjoying what we've provided so far.

And, from the combined efforts of our composers Rytuklis and RpTheHotrod we've got V3 of the theme music. Take a listen...if you dare.

soundcloud.com/rpthehotrod/slendertheme-inprogressv3

Feature Updates

Bam, the feature I've been waiting to write all week, and here it is. The Feature Updates of week 3! Take a read, and we hope you enjoy. Not a lot of feature updates for this week, sorry about that!

Slender Hotspots, these will be locations around the map (specifically near objectives) where the Slenderman will get more alert, appear in extremely dark places and get aggressive towards the players. It's gonna be tense, it's gonna be scary, and we hope you love it.
      The possibility of having a blood-curdling, static-y scream play over the entire game when someone dies. However, this may be removed to leave the mystery if someone is dead, or not.

Ask The Devs
      Someone wrote:Will you be releasing the mod on Mac?

Later on in development, yes. We'd have to program a bunch of stuff from what we've been told to allow Mac support. No worries, it will come.

Someone wrote:Can we have guns?

This is becoming a common question, and the answer is no. Guns would remove the horror/vulnerability aspect of the mod. Plus, Slendy cannot be killed. Guns/weaponry would be pointless.

Someone wrote:Someone on YouTube said this is being developed by Valve, is that true!

It is true that someone said that on YouTube, but Slender: Source is being developed by Ethereal Entertainment, not Valve.
      ---
      So, that's it for Week 3! We hope you guys enjoyed this week, and we hope you continue to support the mod through it;s development. To show your support, we've designed shirts! Check them out!

Buy Slender Source merch here!
      Founder/Lead Developer behind Alas Mortis
    • Looking good so far! I do agree about the ceiling for the lobby in the hospital. It does look quite low. Also, for a hospital that's been abandoned for 30 years, it does look rather...clean. Are they custom textures? If so, I'd recommend using some grunge brushes on a bump or specular map for the texture to give it that more decayed look. Maybe adjust the coloring with some levels and/or curves adjustments to give it that darker look. Other than that, really good. :D

As for the scream when a player dies? I wouldn't say have them as just a cue that a player has died, but a cue that someone has died. Unseen people traveling the forest and happening upon Slendy, or other players actually dying. It will still leave that confusion as to if a real player actually died, or just a "person". If you understand what I mean :s

Looking forward to seeing what else you guys come up with ^^
    • What about my post for adding a 2nd flashlight. its a pretty good idea. cause u cant find batteries for both so one will eventually run out. i would think/find it hard to regroup if there is only one light. especially navigating those dark corridors of the hospital.
      Keep It Real Guys :thumbup: