1) Events are not clear, we don't necessarily know what to do ( they should add a little description like : "In this event, you should build the best castle with box !")
I think it partly has to do with the 'notification' that pops up when you can submit your room. The red bubble does not disappear until you submit, so I can image loads of people just click it to get rid of it, even if their room is not part of the theme.
I've only found 2 'box forts' after like 30 minutes, too.
I think it has to do with the both of these. Either people simply don't understand what Box Fort means, or they're insanely annoyed by that bouncing red notification (which in my opinion, is completely understandable). I remember when the "send gifts" wouldn't work, but the bouncing red flag did, and it was very annoying to look at the whole time when there was nothing I could do about it.
I feel like some of the things to fix the abundance of rooms that don't fit are to:
- Take away the bouncing red notification so it doesn't tempt people into entering their room
- Explain the rules of the event clearer
- Potentially put a level minimum so the 2/3 of the submissions with people that put only purple carpet and a pillow will be eliminated. (I'm aware Box Fort couldn't do that because the boxes are level 0, basically).
- This is a long shot, but maybe implementing a system where it automatically boots people who don't have the requirements. Such as the Halloween Event coming up, boot the people who don't have a single Halloween item in their room. Or for the Box Fort, boot the people who don't have a single box.