Creativity, Where are you ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• ianis-namikaze wrote:

1) Events are not clear, we don't necessarily know what to do ( they should add a little description like : "In this event, you should build the best castle with box !")

Loservibes wrote:

I think it partly has to do with the 'notification' that pops up when you can submit your room. The red bubble does not disappear until you submit, so I can image loads of people just click it to get rid of it, even if their room is not part of the theme.
      I've only found 2 'box forts' after like 30 minutes, too. :(

I think it has to do with the both of these. Either people simply don't understand what Box Fort means, or they're insanely annoyed by that bouncing red notification (which in my opinion, is completely understandable). I remember when the "send gifts" wouldn't work, but the bouncing red flag did, and it was very annoying to look at the whole time when there was nothing I could do about it.

I feel like some of the things to fix the abundance of rooms that don't fit are to:

• Take away the bouncing red notification so it doesn't tempt people into entering their room
      • Explain the rules of the event clearer
      • Potentially put a level minimum so the 2/3 of the submissions with people that put only purple carpet and a pillow will be eliminated. (I'm aware Box Fort couldn't do that because the boxes are level 0, basically).
      • This is a long shot, but maybe implementing a system where it automatically boots people who don't have the requirements. Such as the Halloween Event coming up, boot the people who don't have a single Halloween item in their room. Or for the Box Fort, boot the people who don't have a single box.
    • Ripsy wrote:

I'm not seeing any users in the new leaderboard. Is that normal?

PWNalityTV wrote:

I am also not seeing any. maybe nobody got enough votes. maybe cause the actual themed rooms never popped up. i know the minimum votes that showed up last time were 38 votes.
      Apparently, it is a bug, Outerminds has warned us on Twitter :
      Add me on Tuber Simulator ^^ : DaScienceBoi
      Watch Little busters, my favourite anime ^^
    • Personally I am not participating in the competitions. I want to level up and purchase every item as quick as I can, whilst setting up my normal room as quick as possible. Once I have done that, then I will use the two other rooms you get to compete. But for now I find it distracts me from what I want to achieve.
    • Loservibes wrote:

I think it partly has to do with the 'notification' that pops up when you can submit your room. The red bubble does not disappear until you submit, so I can image loads of people just click it to get rid of it, even if their room is not part of the theme.
      I've only found 2 'box forts' after like 30 minutes, too. :(

well apparently, they are working on the notification problem !
      Add me on Tuber Simulator ^^ : DaScienceBoi
      Watch Little busters, my favourite anime ^^
    • `.I'm happy to see that they realize how much of a problem it is that folks flood the contests to get rid of those notifications. The very first time I noticed that the contests were live I actually ended up entering quite by accident just because I was poking around to see what was what. :barrel: They added a confirmation option pretty quickly, though - that was great.

The voting thing is pretty weird - I was excited to participate, but I honestly don't have the patience to persevere long enough to actually find on-topic entries.

I know cool rooms have to be out there, but I don't manage to find them.
      Tuber Username:

The29th
      :brofist:
    • Elskean wrote:

`.I'm happy to see that they realize how much of a problem it is that folks flood the contests to get rid of those notifications. The very first time I noticed that the contests were live I actually ended up entering quite by accident just because I was poking around to see what was what.
      Yeah I will admit I accidentally entered the Box Fort event. I didn't mean to though. But my defense was that the whole situation was new and I was also curious. On top of the fact that the notification lured me in :/
    • easyest way may be lvl Cap, like lvl 20 then allow to participate imo
      + maybe there is a possibility that they will somehow filter out rooms by items, so like every room with 10-15+ boxes is okay
      or Ideal variant is that we have different rooms and they will add special event room where certain items are available, but i dont rly like this one cuz fells kinda unfair not to be able to use all items...
    • Delekates wrote:

easyest way may be lvl Cap, like lvl 20 then allow to participate imo
      + maybe there is a possibility that they will somehow filter out rooms by items, so like every room with 10-15+ boxes is okay
      or Ideal variant is that we have different rooms and they will add special event room where certain items are available, but i dont rly like this one cuz fells kinda unfair not to be able to use all items...
      `.The level cap is an interesting idea - if someone's still playing by level 15+, they're probably invested enough in the game to take an entry more seriously and might have enough stuff by then to start playing with contest themes, right? Also a bit of added motivation for new players to keep leveling.

Part of the fun with contests like these is often seeing unexpected items used creatively in a theme or setting someone might not expect - it would be a shame to limit creativity by only having certain items in an event room like that.

If an item-filter is too tricky to code in, I get why they are relying on us to only vote for folks who adhere to a theme. Using the community to kind of moderate their own contest would probably be more effective once those irrelevant entries are cut down I think, unless trolls keep up the tradition later. I just hope that the randomizer that shows me rooms is healthy and working well. I'm curious to see how the next voting session goes.
      Tuber Username:

The29th
      :brofist: