Questions about Steam and other.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Questions about Steam and other.

Hey,

So... in the chatbox I get many answers but I want to be 100% sure.

I'm gonna list my questions and I only want good answers. If you are not sure about something, don't answer it.

1. Is there some kind of ban that will remove or make the game not playible anymore (Online they can, but Offline? Like completly remove the games and make then never playable again (through Steam)?)

2. How high is the possibility to get hacked (account), and what would that mean for me? (Acc. forever gone? Games forever gone?)

Other:

3. Can you pay games in the Steam shop with Paysafecards?

4. I was planning on buying Just Cause 2. But they are telling me that it only runs with a DirectX10 Graphicscard. I have a nvidia GeForce GTX 560. Good enough? (I know that it only runs with Win7/Vista)

Maybe some of these questions seem weird to you, but I never buyed a game there before, and I want to know 100% if it's safe.

Sorry when this thread seems unnecessary for you. I just want to be sure.
  • 1. Is there some kind of ban that will remove or make the game not playible anymore (Online they can, but Offline? Like completly remove the games and make then never playable again (through Steam)?)

Just online, for vac protected games that is, support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869

Any other have their own rules.

2. How high is the possibility to get hacked (account), and what would that mean for me? (Acc. forever gone? Games forever gone?)

The same amount as any acc, dont give out info

3. Can you pay games in the Steam shop with Paysafecards?

Yes, You can.

4. I was planning on buying Just Cause 2. But they are telling me that it only runs with a DirectX10 Graphicscard. I have a nvidia GeForce GTX 560. Good enough? (I know that it only runs with Win7/Vista)

There are sites that let you compare your pc with a game's requirements. It tells you if your pc is good enough, dont have a link now though.

• 1 .) Yes , If you have hacked Steam will VAC ban you which allows you not to play on VAC secured servers anymore on that specific engine.

2.) Depends how safe you keep your account , Valve will never ask for you to go to links and ask for your password and your email. If someone gives you a link and it isn't certified by Valve and/or isn't HTTPS secured then don't bother going there since they will try to phish you.

3.) As far as I know , it is possible , since Left does it aswell.

4.) You should look up the overall specs of your PC and check the available RAM the Videocard has. Compare your specs to the minimum/recommended specs and you should hopefully be fine.

• Kneesocks wrote:

1 .) Yes , If you have hacked Steam will VAC ban you which allows you not to play on VAC secured servers anymore on that specific engine.

2.) Depends how safe you keep your account , Valve will never ask for you to go to links and ask for your password and your email. If someone gives you a link and it isn't certified by Valve and/or isn't HTTPS secured then don't bother going there since they will try to phish you.

4.) You should look up the overall specs of your PC and check the available RAM the Videocard has. Compare your specs to the minimum/recommended specs and you should hopefully be fine.

''You're too slow'' -sonic

• Qustinnus wrote:

Kneesocks wrote:

1 .) Yes , If you have hacked Steam will VAC ban you which allows you not to play on VAC secured servers anymore on that specific engine.

''You're too slow'' -sonic

Or I was giving out more information then you do.

• DiabeticHawtDog wrote:

systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

There you go, that site should tell you if your PC can run Just Cause 2 or not. Personally I think a 560 is good enough to handle the game :D
    It tells me that everything is alright except for this:

Minimum: Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Athlon 64 X2 4200 / Pentium D 3GHz)
    You Have: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz

I'm not sure... but I can run every game on highest grapchics (Battlefield 3 and all the other newer games). Maybe this is not for grapchics, but Just Cause 2 isn't the newest game. So... I should actually be able to play it, right?

Edit: I checked again. It tells me that MW3 and Dead Island would not work on my PC. But I had them and it worked.... so what's the deal here?

The post was edited 2 times, last by xLePlay ().

• xLePlay wrote:

DiabeticHawtDog wrote:

systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

There you go, that site should tell you if your PC can run Just Cause 2 or not. Personally I think a 560 is good enough to handle the game :D
    It tells me that everything is alright except for this:

Minimum: Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Athlon 64 X2 4200 / Pentium D 3GHz)
    You Have: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz

I'm not sure... but I can run every game on highest grapchics (Battlefield 3 and all the other newer games). Maybe this is not for grapchics, but Just Cause 2 isn't the newest game. So... I should actually be able to play it, right?

Edit: I checked again. It tells me that MW3 and Dead Island would not work on my PC. But I had them and it worked.... so what's the deal here?

The program only checks your specs. and the specs given are made by the game developers. so it may vary.