The Mods Section... How Pewds is Wrong and SHOULD know about this.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• The Mods Section... How Pewds is Wrong and SHOULD know about this.

Will you help me? 13

The result is only visible to the participants.

Hello,
      Now you may count this as self-promotion but, I wanted to post it somewhere that might get Pewdiepie's attention or atleast someone who knows of him. Because, the problem I saw with trying to comment on the video I was trying to inform him on. Was that there were 10k comments coming in every half hour or so, and I was never going to be able to inform him of why he was wrong about this one part of his video as seen here. =O
      ((I SPENT 4-5 HOURS COMMENTING))
      What I would like to inform him of is how simply he can actually add a Moderator to his channel so that he can start on it right away. They would have no power over his channel either, all he needs is their Channel Link and that is about it. All he has to do is
      GO TO THE CREATOR DASHBOARD > COMMUNITY SECTION > COMMUNITY SETTINGS and IT IS RIGHT FREAKING THERE!

Now I have made a video on this to show how it presently works but, I am convinced he will never see it. Plus even showing it or linking it apparently is against the rules even though it helps to better explain my reasoning for why he should check his settings more often

If you bros can help another bro help our Pewdiepie I would be grateful.
      I will be okay if it is even just explaining it to him with no credit to me, I just would like him to figure this out before he makes a bigger butt of himself.

I hope you guys stay Awesome.

I make silly videos on the internet
      YouTube <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vendus ().

• ok so I understand you want Pewdiepie's attention or whatnot and I know that you spent hours making this video, but this still goes against the rules of the site. I recommend you to delete this thread right away or wait until further punishment by the mods. Whatever floats your boat.

私の名前は柊 シノアです。

あたしはアニメが好き 。

• Listen @Weeaboo I spent hours on trying to inform people via comments. When I saw it wasn't working I decided to do the easier thing, and make a video. So in order to keep the post up I removed the video from the post but, I still mention it because it relates to the post. Screw the people who actually made it so that rule was necessary they make things harder for everyone else.

I am actually trying to help, and I understand you might be a cynical person who thinks I'm a fan boy or whatever the hell else.
      But when Pewdiepie spreads misinformation, it becomes common "knowledge" for others and it ticks me off.
      YouTube <3
    • First of all I totally understand you're trying to help or what not and I don't really care if you're a fan boy or whatever and I get it ticks you off, but is it really necessary to write a thread here about your comment that would "never be seen". If that was the case, almost everyone would start saying "since my comment on youtube won't be seen, i'll just write the comment here" and it would create a huge mess.

Secondly, if you want to talk to Pewds, rather than making a thread about putting a mod in the channel, you can ask him directly by looking up his name and writing on his profile or sending him a private message.

Lastly, trying to get people to help you/ support you is basically promoting.

Vendus wrote:

Screw the people who actually made it so that rule was necessary they make things harder for everyone else.
      And, I understand that you don't like the rules here but if you don't like the rules, why be on this site? If you're on the site, you should follow the rules like everyone else does.

私の名前は柊 シノアです。

あたしはアニメが好き 。

• Getting a mod to work on the channel is basically torture for both a youtuber and the mod in question. Both have a life outside of the internet, so there'd be hassles of getting stuff sorted out.

However, you clearly need to work on being polite to people who have a different opinion. You might be trying to help out, which can be great for causes that need help, but I don't believe Pewds would even care if he saw this post. If he does see this and he does care, then that's the part where this nerd (me) gits rekt.

Weeb makes a really valid point. In order to get people to help you, you gotta show you can see every possible outcome. No need to make an enemy of 'em for the difference of opinion.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • Though technically it is self promotion, I'll allow it this time.
      We'll relay the info to him [giving credit and everything] , though we can't guarantee that anything will happen.
      Still, I'm sure he knows about that feature but chooses not to use simply because he'd need a full platoon of people to contain that mess.
      Anyway, we'll see what happens, and thanks.
    • Weeaboo wrote:

First of all I totally understand you're trying to help or what not and I don't really care if you're a fan boy or whatever and I get it ticks you off, but is it really necessary to write a thread here about your comment that would "never be seen". If that was the case, almost everyone would start saying "since my comment on youtube won't be seen, i'll just write the comment here" and it would create a huge mess.

Secondly, if you want to talk to Pewds, rather than making a thread about putting a mod in the channel, you can ask him directly by looking up his name and writing on his profile or sending him a private message.

Lastly, trying to get people to help you/ support you is basically promoting.

Vendus wrote:

Screw the people who actually made it so that rule was necessary they make things harder for everyone else.
      And, I understand that you don't like the rules here but if you don't like the rules, why be on this site? If you're on the site, you should follow the rules like everyone else does.
      First off thats actually why we have a comments section on this website for each video he uploads in its own forum.

Second, who says he actually checks his Private Messages on this site or any other? Knowing how many people want his attention, I imagine it is full of spam at almost all times of the day.

Lastly, I asked for help and I said you would not need to credit me. I just want people to inform him, and with the wave of people trying to promote some guy called Dalas while I had been trying to for hours! I was getting nowhere and nobody was actually listening to me while I was trying to get the information out there. I was bullied out of those comments by people who just wanted to keep copying and pasting the same hashtag without trying to think of creative ways to solve the issues pewds was expressing that he had. Because if we all just complained we would get nowhere, and it is due to people who actually pose solutions to these problems that we have actually gotten as far as we have today. I want to solve the issues he has , before new ones arise and make it impossible.

I am not appreciative of assumptions, and I understood that I might be breaking the rules which is kind of why I hardly post on this site to begin with. But this needed to be said, and the information needed to be provided.

BonLee64 wrote:

Getting a mod to work on the channel is basically torture for both a youtuber and the mod in question. Both have a life outside of the internet, so there'd be hassles of getting stuff sorted out.

However, you clearly need to work on being polite to people who have a different opinion. You might be trying to help out, which can be great for causes that need help, but I don't believe Pewds would even care if he saw this post. If he does see this and he does care, then that's the part where this nerd (me) gits rekt.

Weeb makes a really valid point. In order to get people to help you, you gotta show you can see every possible outcome. No need to make an enemy of 'em for the difference of opinion.

The mod would assume the responsibility if they were okay with it, and thats for them and the youtuber to sort out. I am sure pewds has plenty of mods already on twitch and he has worked fine with those people. He has been wanting others in the community to help out where they can and has I was stating in the video I had posted they would have no real control over the comments besides giving pewds a location to see all of the comments that broke the rules in his moderators eyes. Which would be contained in the "Held for Review" tab of the comments section from his side of the channel. However it would still be better than what he has now which is no mods to contain the fire at all.

Not when they are not reading the entire post, and trust me I want to be. I already covered much of the content she had to say and most of the arguments I hadn't covered are common sense subjects which would take only a second or two to actually understand WHY I had not done exactly that. Pewds doesn't need to see this or know it was me, as long as the message gets to him that it is super easy to actually get mods on the channel. If he does care I guess you will git rekt but we'll see cause I just saw the mods post on this thread. ((Thank you @DanOS btw))

Their opinion again is not overlooked but, not reading everything or listening to everything I had to say makes more of an ass out of them in my eyes. I seek to make a difference in everything I do, whether I am looked upon as good or bad is up to you.

Now I hope I have cleared things up so that we can hopefully inform people of the moderator section that pewds overlooked. Because that is the goal of this thread.

DanOS wrote:

Though technically it is self promotion, I'll allow it this time.
      We'll relay the info to him [giving credit and everything] , though we can't guarantee that anything will happen.
      Still, I'm sure he knows about that feature but chooses not to use simply because he'd need a full platoon of people to contain that mess.

Thank you, and you really don't need to give me credit ^^; its
      unnecessary. However, I will say this about the feature. He made a clear
      stance in the video I linked in the OP which showed me that he wants a
      feature like that for his comments section on the YouTube side of
      things. While making noise about it here may do nothing at all, atleast I
      can try and hopefully have him see that he had been wrong about the
      feature ((Not being easy or even there at all)).

I appreciate
      the assistance on your side to help me possibly notify him of the
      feature, and I will be periodically checking the forum for anyone who
      has a different opinion on the subject. Thank you for the help I REALLY
      REALLY APPRECIATE IT, if you were IRL with me I'd probably have bought
      you food or what not by now XD

EDIT: I had to edit this post to fit in my response to @DanOS because spam filters are preventing me from posting in this thread for a 40 thousand or so seconds.

Anyways I hope you have a delightful week, I have gotta get back to my own YouTube stuff for now I'll be back later.
      YouTube <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vendus ().

• DanOS wrote:

I kind of got the "he'll need a platoon of people" vibe from the video which is why he is telling people to flag the bad comments (Because youtube moderation gives the same power as that basically). It is a moderation tool that works, but the system works better for a channel that doesn't have 40 sum million subs. All youtube moderation does is puts the marked by moderator comments into a held for review section for the page owner to review which would add so much more work for a youtuber(if they even chose to look at that page); it's moderation, but to the smallest scale and any smaller it wouldn't be moderation but still just flagging posts without moderation. Yeah it gets rid of the comment, but doesn't really prevent from re-posting (which is the issue, spam, continuously posting things in the matter of seconds) that well if they're the spam comments he is mainly talking about, but the moderators aren't really moderating anything.
    • Xiadim wrote:

DanOS wrote:

I kind of got the "he'll need a platoon of people" vibe from the video which is why he is telling people to flag the bad comments (Because youtube moderation gives the same power as that basically). It is a moderation tool that works, but the system works better for a channel that doesn't have 40 sum million subs. All youtube moderation does is puts the marked by moderator comments into a held for review section for the page owner to review which would add so much more work for a youtuber(if they even chose to look at that page); it's moderation, but to the smallest scale and any smaller it wouldn't be moderation but still just flagging posts without moderation. Yeah it gets rid of the comment, but doesn't really prevent from re-posting (which is the issue, spam, continuously posting things in the matter of seconds) that well if they're the spam comments he is mainly talking about, but the moderators aren't really moderating anything.
      This is actually something I covered in the video I made confronting the issue he brought up, and while moderators would be nice he'll need to hire people to help him on his end with sifting through the held for review page. If he wants to do that at all, and even so YouTube needs a better SPAM ID system when it comes to this very same issue.
      YouTube <3
    • Vendus wrote:

This is actually something I covered in the video I made confronting the issue he brought up, and while moderators would be nice he'll need to hire people to help him on his end with sifting through the held for review page. If he wants to do that at all, and even so YouTube needs a better SPAM ID system when it comes to this very same issue.
      That would be putting so much trust in the hands of how many ever platoon members with his password to his google account... not a good idea. This would mean PewDiePie would not only have to share his google account password (which I might add I'm pretty sure is illegal now to share passwords) , but in doing so he would have to trust these people almost quite literally with his life. Also like I said this wouldn't get rid of the issue of the plague spam. Even if they had a Spam ID system there is more than one account doing the spam, but they all look the same because you can now make your name anything; ever since the google plus integration.
    • Xiadim wrote:

Vendus wrote:

That would be putting so much trust in the hands of how many ever platoon members with his password to his google account... not a good idea. This would mean PewDiePie would not only have to share his google account password (which I might add I'm pretty sure is illegal now to share passwords) , but in doing so he would have to trust these people almost quite literally with his life. Also like I said this wouldn't get rid of the issue of the plague spam. Even if they had a Spam ID system there is more than one account doing the spam, but they all look the same because you can now make your name anything; ever since the google plus integration.
      Its like you didn't listen to me at all.. There are ways of having people help manage your comments in your settings where you can decide what they can and cant do but, and I have to make this more clear. HE WOULD ONLY DO IT WITH PEOPLE HE HAS THERE WITH HIM IRL! He has a team of people helping him make his videos right now, and it has been made evident by his oculus videos. He could just have a computer in his office that he rents out dedicated to having one of those people help to manage his comments while he and whoever else takes care of the videos.

To make people moderators would make it easier for that one person he hires to sift through that section but, again he'd have to pick and choose and maybe it would just be the mods from this site BUT ATLEAST IT WOULD BE SOMETHING.

AGAIN If my video were in this post like I originally wanted you would know I already explained how that would get fixed as well, via having Google fix their stupid social media platform so that people cant have the same names or at the very least SPAM ID would detect someone with the same name as the YouTuber who posted the video, and if that spammer commented on that guys video then they would be marked as a spam account.

AGAIN ATLEAST IT WOULD BE SOMETHING, and what I want from everyone is more videos discussing how we can improve youtube if anything at all.. it sounds like you have been noticing a lot of the same things, and your voice would be very welcome if you decide to speak up about it on any sort of platfom.
      YouTube <3
    • Vendus wrote:

Xiadim wrote:

Its like you didn't listen to me at all.. There are ways of having people help manage your comments in your settings where you can decide what they can and cant do but, and I have to make this more clear. HE WOULD ONLY DO IT WITH PEOPLE HE HAS THERE WITH HIM IRL! He has a team of people helping him make his videos right now, and it has been made evident by his oculus videos. He could just have a computer in his office that he rents out dedicated to having one of those people help to manage his comments while he and whoever else takes care of the videos.
      To make people moderators would make it easier for that one person he hires to sift through that section but, again he'd have to pick and choose and maybe it would just be the mods from this site BUT ATLEAST IT WOULD BE SOMETHING.

AGAIN If my video were in this post like I originally wanted you would know I already explained how that would get fixed as well, via having Google fix their stupid social media platform so that people cant have the same names or at the very least SPAM ID would detect someone with the same name as the YouTuber who posted the video, and if that spammer commented on that guys video then they would be marked as a spam account.

AGAIN ATLEAST IT WOULD BE SOMETHING, and what I want from everyone is more videos discussing how we can improve youtube if anything at all.. it sounds like you have been noticing a lot of the same things, and your voice would be very welcome if you decide to speak up about it on any sort of platfom.
      Sorry I think we are both on different pages or maybe we are just misunderstanding one another. If Pewds did moderation with the people that are already helping him they probably wouldn't be able to help him with videos anymore or wouldn't be able to have any personal time (which could put stress on the relationships with each other), seeing as he gets 4 million views per video which can translate to billions of comments sometimes, especially if spam is involved. I never denied that moderation could happen. In fact I explained how it works in a previous reply which is why I said he would need to have people know his password to go through the held for review. I wasn't and am still not trying to argue or get you riled up I was just explaining the downsides of the moderation system from my understanding of the system. The set up for moderation states "Moderators: These users can remove comments, which will appear in your Held for Review page." Yes it would help the issue, but it would probably be on such a small scale and I was just stating the systems flaws. Also from my understanding now password sharing on personal accounts (yes it could qualify as a business account, but because it was started as a personal account people could see it as a is illegal and thus take advantage of that) and the second people saw the opportunity to accuse pewds of something (Shadows of Mordor) they did. I never said it couldn't help or wouldn't be a temporary fix I was stating that in the video you linked at the top of this thread I believe that PewDiePie states he knows that YouTube does have a moderation system. At 5:50 "There are ways to have moderators, but it's so inefficient. No one knows about it..." and then goes on to compare it to the twitch system. This comment tells us he knows about the system and why he doesn't want to use it. So in this thread I was trying to explain how it was inefficient. Again I'm sorry if I made you feel attacked or if I offended you in any way.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Xiadim ().

• Xiadim wrote:

Vendus wrote:

Xiadim wrote:

Its like you didn't listen to me at all.. There are ways of having people help manage your comments in your settings where you can decide what they can and cant do but, and I have to make this more clear. HE WOULD ONLY DO IT WITH PEOPLE HE HAS THERE WITH HIM IRL! He has a team of people helping him make his videos right now, and it has been made evident by his oculus videos. He could just have a computer in his office that he rents out dedicated to having one of those people help to manage his comments while he and whoever else takes care of the videos.To make people moderators would make it easier for that one person he hires to sift through that section but, again he'd have to pick and choose and maybe it would just be the mods from this site BUT ATLEAST IT WOULD BE SOMETHING.

Sorry I think we are both on different pages or maybe we are just misunderstanding one another. If Pewds did moderation with the people that are already helping him they probably wouldn't be able to help him with videos anymore or wouldn't be able to have any personal time (which could put stress on the relationships with each other), seeing as he gets 4 million views per video which can translate to billions of comments sometimes, especially if spam is involved. I never denied that moderation could happen. In fact I explained how it works in a previous reply which is why I said he would need to have people know his password to go through the held for review. I wasn't and am still not trying to argue or get you riled up I was just explaining the downsides of the moderation system from my understanding of the system. The set up for moderation states "Moderators: These users can remove comments, which will appear in your Held for Review page." Yes it would help the issue, but it would probably be on such a small scale and I was just stating the systems flaws. Also from my understanding now password sharing on personal accounts (yes it could qualify as a business account, but because it was started as a personal account people could see it as a is illegal and thus take advantage of that) and the second people saw the opportunity to accuse pewds of something (Shadows of Mordor) they did. I never said it couldn't help or wouldn't be a temporary fix I was stating that in the video you linked at the top of this thread I believe that PewDiePie states he knows that YouTube does have a moderation system. At 5:50 "There are ways to have moderators, but it's so inefficient. No one knows about it..." and then goes on to compare it to the twitch system. This comment tells us he knows about the system and why he doesn't want to use it. So in this thread I was trying to explain how it was inefficient. Again I'm sorry if I made you feel attacked or if I offended you in any way.
      Having used YouTube so much however I have found that there is a way if he chose to that would allow a seperate account to have management access to his channel. There is also that thing I said again where he would have another computer on site where he would login not have to give out his password, and he could have someone manage things for just a couple hours. HE would also be abler to pick and choose people from the community to help sort out his comments and get them to that one page so the other person or a team of people could sort these comments out.

I am not saying you're wrong or anything but there are ways to deal with it, and creative solutions that people could suggest. He could have even proposed a better solution than just saying do it like twitch does it because thats not the same thing as youtube.

I just would rather people think things through before they make an entire video where it comes off like he is just complaining.
      YouTube <3
    • Who said you could trust the people you work with completely?

True, Pewdiepie might use a team to help him with making the videos (I wouldn't know as I don't usually watch his videos), but that's probably the only thing that they've been hired(?) to do. If Pewdie really wanted someone to do modding stuff with his channel, then he could hire more people that he knows and trusts to make a new team for that purpose only.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

• You have a valid point. However the "purpose" in this thread was to show Pewds "He was wrong" and to try and get him to use this moderation.

Also, :thumbdown: (There is no arrow down emoji so I'm using this as an arrow)

Vendus wrote:

I just would rather people think things through before they make an entire video where it comes off like he is just complaining.

When Pewds did think the video through, :thumbdown: (doing the same thing with the thumbs down again)

Xiadim wrote:

... PewDiePie states he knows that YouTube does have a moderation system. At 5:50 "There are ways to have moderators, but it's so inefficient. No one knows about it..." and then goes on to compare it to the twitch system.
      He knows there is a moderation system, but appears to be Boycotting the system in attempt of a proper moderation system instead of sitting idle with something he doesn't think works ("so inefficient"). It also seems he isn't just boycotting it for the purpose of his channel, but for the whole YouTube community.
    • BonLee64 wrote:

Who said you could trust the people you work with completely?

True, Pewdiepie might use a team to help him with making the videos (I wouldn't know as I don't usually watch his videos), but that's probably the only thing that they've been hired(?) to do. If Pewdie really wanted someone to do modding stuff with his channel, then he could hire more people that he knows and trusts to make a new team for that purpose only.
      Fair point but, there are channels out there where people are hired to help manage a channel. This is shown across the board with Phillip Defranco, Sourcefed, and Rooster Teeth.

Xiadim wrote:

You have a valid point. However the "purpose" in this thread was to show Pewds "He was wrong" and to try and get him to use this moderation.

Also, :thumbdown: (There is no arrow down emoji so I'm using this as an arrow)

Vendus wrote:

When Pewds did think the video through, :thumbdown: (doing the same thing with the thumbs down again)

Xiadim wrote:

... PewDiePie states he knows that YouTube does have a moderation system. At 5:50 "There are ways to have moderators, but it's so inefficient. No one knows about it..." and then goes on to compare it to the twitch system.
      He knows there is a moderation system, but appears to be Boycotting the system in attempt of a proper moderation system instead of sitting idle with something he doesn't think works ("so inefficient"). It also seems he isn't just boycotting it for the purpose of his channel, but for the whole YouTube community.
      Well if he is just boycotting the entire system in favor of a better one I would prefer he actually put some better thought into the video rather than making seem like youtube and twitch are the same thing so obviously one should adopt the others method when one system like twitch's would not work for youtube's current system. In fact it might even just make things even worse than they already are. So if pewds really did care enough to say that its a bad system I believe it would have been more effective if he had provided reasons WHY its bad and HOW it can be better and you know ACTUALLY DISCUSS IT RATHER THAN COMPLAIN.
      (I am using caps to emphasize those words not to yell).
      YouTube <3
    • Well, everyone has an opinion they think they're entitled to when it comes to moderation systems on sites where you can upload videos and stream. There will always be that one person who bitches about that person's opinion, and that's the state of the matter.

If Pewds wants to complain about the system, let him. It is nothing to concern yourself over. If it annoys you, then don't whine about it and move on.

(I realize this is an extremely late reply, but I may have marked this as a read thread or some shit)