Quote Of The Year

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• BonLee64 wrote:

Because the action of writing can have more of an impact if only seen by one person
      Adding/expanding to my friend's explanation, a pen has greater functions than a sword. Come to think of it, a sword is only used for combat and can damage someone physically. A pen is used for writing almost anything. Poems, letters, history records, you name it. It can also be used for destroying connections between two or more people and ruin someone's life. For example, someone is going to write a letter about their hatred towards you and could possibly bash you or anything. Another example is writing gossips/stupid comments about a certain someone. When writing something, it could be seen by 1 person or more. With a pen, it can either empower and inspire people or damage someone physically, emotionally and/or mentally, depending on how you use it. That's why the quote "The pen is mightier than the sword" exists.

This is just my interpretation of the quote and I hope you understand my explanation. Hope this helps! :)
    • Soon there will be war. Millions will burn. Millions will perish in sickness and misery. Why does one death matter against so many? Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this. But there are so many deserving of retribution ... and there is so little time.
      It's not important where do you come from,but what kind of dedication you have to the thing that you do ^^
    • Owlet wrote:

Soon there will be war. Millions will burn. Millions will perish in sickness and misery. Why does one death matter against so many? Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this. But there are so many deserving of retribution ... and there is so little time.
      I'm scrd... qwq
    • Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Because the action of writing can have more of an impact if only seen by one person
      Adding/expanding to my friend's explanation, a pen has greater functions than a sword. Come to think of it, a sword is only used for combat and can damage someone physically. A pen is used for writing almost anything. Poems, letters, history records, you name it. It can also be used for destroying connections between two or more people and ruin someone's life. For example, someone is going to write a letter about their hatred towards you and could possibly bash you or anything. Another example is writing gossips/stupid comments about a certain someone. When writing something, it could be seen by 1 person or more. With a pen, it can either empower and inspire people or damage someone physically, emotionally and/or mentally, depending on how you use it. That's why the quote "The pen is mightier than the sword" exists.

This is just my interpretation of the quote and I hope you understand my explanation. Hope this helps! :)
      With that said, the sword could also be used to write stuff. Granted, the ink is blood as it spills onto the battlefloor.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

With that said, the sword could also be used to write stuff. Granted, the ink is blood as it spills onto the battlefloor.
      You people are scaring me... QwQ
    • Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

It can also be used for destroying connections between two or more people and ruin someone's life.
      So can a sword.
      But it cannot damage as much as a pen.
      It can damage much more. Millions died in Medieval Times because of war, and pens in its own cannot kill even a person, only if you're a very handy assassin.
      Yes, I'm a dog. And I type.
      It's not that impressive when you see it in real life.
    • Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

It can also be used for destroying connections between two or more people and ruin someone's life.
      So can a sword.
      It can damage much more. Millions died in Medieval Times because of war, and pens in its own cannot kill even a person, only if you're a very handy assassin.
      ... I'm not even gonna argue anymore.
    • Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

So can a sword.
      Horta has a point. A pen can't directly kill like a sword would. However, a pen can do some serious emotional and mental damage, and that can be horrible to deal with.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

• BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

So can a sword.
      Horta has a point. A pen can't directly kill like a sword would. However, a pen can do some serious emotional and mental damage, and that can be horrible to deal with.
      Well, I guess both can damage equally.
    • Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

So can a sword.
      Indeed. I mean, back in the olden days, the pen wasn't invented. Now that it is, it can do more damage as not everyone has a sword. owo

• BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

So can a sword.
      Indeed. I mean, back in the olden days, the pen wasn't invented. Now that it is, it can do more damage as not everyone has a sword. owo
      But everyone has a pen. OwO

That means we're all vulnerable...
    • Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

So can a sword.

I don't have a pen on my person at the moment. Bloody college group stealing my pens when they don't have one... I have a pencil, and I realized it could be used in place for this riddle. XD

• BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

So can a sword.
      I don't have a pen on my person at the moment. Bloody college group stealing my pens when they don't have one... I have a pencil, and I realized it could be used in place for this riddle. XD
      Ffs, Lee. xD

And are we making the longest quote chain or something??? xD
    • Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

So can a sword.
      But everyone has a pen. OwOThat means we're all vulnerable...
      Ffs, Lee. xD

The longest one I've seen was in the last post thread. had like 20 or so posts.

Wait, what if the pen was the gateway to laptops and computers? The mighty pen bowed down to the laptop after saying "My work is done."

• BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

Horta Woof wrote:

Dash/Masky wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

So can a sword.
      But everyone has a pen. OwOThat means we're all vulnerable...
      Ffs, Lee. xD
      The longest one I've seen was in the last post thread. had like 20 or so posts.
      Wait, what if the pen was the gateway to laptops and computers? The mighty pen bowed down to the laptop after saying "My work is done."
      Meh. It's not that surprising.