Good Side of the Street project

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Good Side of the Street project

Hey bros!

I don't post threads anywhere much, not a big talker but I believe that this is something worth talking about and I would like to show it to all you broskis.

UBM (Street Basketball Mokusnice) is a project that (ZOP - Zenica Youth Movement) came up with three years ago.
      It is hosted on a public basketball court in the center of our hometown of Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina and perhaps it might be bigger with your help. We are completely non-profit and host it purely for the benefit of the community.

"We didn't expect then that we would have all this responsibility, which is good, a great challenge. "

The project began three years ago and now it has become one of the most respected street basketball tournaments in the country
      . With no certain annual funding, endorsed only by a basketball loving community, we have grown and are now recognized as an event with the highest potential for development in sport against drug abuse.
      The efforts are on:
      - Reconstruction of old basketball courts
      - Event organizing to keep them for good use
      - Reclaiming lost sports grounds for education and sport
      - Long term efforts are for an annual festival which will cover all our courts throughout the city, variety of sports events and educational seminars
      - Providing a healthy and athletic role model for kids
      - Sharing and giving sports education and equipment for free
      - Meals for every kid participating in the Good Side of the Street and all are welcome.

We don't come to you unprepared, we have all the necessary permits for project implementation and with an event going on this year we hope to include around 500 to 600 kids in sports and educational activities.

It is a goal to make each and every child find a healthy hobby or sports to practice after they finish with the Good Side of the Street.

The program is not aimed at the creation of elite athletes, but is to encourage the development of the sports potential of children where it is important to point out that just Good Side of the Street is the basis for the creation of future elite athletes.
      Every participant will be a target of a survey and the data collected will serve us in the development of the best possible program for kids and ways to make them interested in sports.

We want to change the world, it can only be done from the bottom up. Help us to change the landscape of an area grey from abuse.

We give everything for free, children are our focus.
      If you find any way besides funds that you can help, we are listening.
      Basketballs, rims, nets, sports equipment in general, t-shirts, shorts, flags of your favorite team... please share with us.

If reading this has peaked your interest then please throw a glance at our indiegogo page here.

If you have any questions, please do not hold back, either leave a reply here or e-mail us at:

[email protected]
      or perhaps find us on Facebook as
      Ulicni basket Mokusnice

Thank you SO much for reading this thread and I think I am obligated to end this with a
      Stay awesome bros!