Who watches anime?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Well yeah, dragonball doesn't have a story as far as I'm concerned, I want to make it clear.
    Anyway I didn't want to criticize the most famous shonen mangas (I mean they are famous for a reason, aren't they?) but just to say that Toriyama's work was certainly a HUGE inspiration to a lot of artists.
    With that I'm gonna close that topic before starting a fight lol
  • *Forgot to mention*

If you are a fan of gory anime, Blood C is quite good with the gore. Granted, the story does lack and it seems like a "what's the next giant monster to kill?" problem, but for the gore, it's probably one of the best in my opinion.
    I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
  • Indeed. Some people watch it to escape from reality for a few episodes, some watch it to see what it's like.

Some people fangirl over the hot characters. It's great and fu- I mean, it's interesting.
    I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

• Horta Woof wrote:

BonLee64 wrote:

Some people fangirl over the hot characters.
    If I'm brutally honest, these people creep me out.
    To be honest, so do I at some points. It's okay to like a character within an anime, but to only focus on that one character all the time does seem excessive.

Of course, I was guilty of doing this whilst watching Death Note, but that was when I was a noob at anime.

• I don't watch as much as I wish I did, but I guess it depends on what catches my eye. I absolutely loved Attack on Titan when it came out and I've recently gotten into One Punch Man because it's fantastic.
    1% humour, 99% terrible puns.
    I love languages, useless knowledge and pretending I'm hilarious online.
    Follow my stupid face on YouTube!
    DarkStarMedia
  • If we talk about spirit bombs taking 3 episodes to charge and other slow-paced things in anime.. Here is some actual statistics:

I have watched Dragon Ball Z, Naruto(shippuuden included), Bleach and Right now im on One Piece episode 580. All i can say is that..

Dragon ball Z has a total of 292 episodes which of them 43 are fillers and that makes 15% of the show. That's why in Dragon Ball Z spirit bomb takes quite a while to charge up but while it's charging something is still happening, like the enemy has to be distracted so someone is still fighting him.
    Naruto- Has 220 episodes and 93 of them are fillers so it's total 42% of the anime.. Then Naruto:Shippuuden today has 464 episodes with 207 episodes of filler and it takes 45% of the show. With these statistics it has to be renamed to Fillruto. That's why it doesn't take a day to charge up a rasengan.. And it had some time skips.
    Bleach is similar to Naruto in case of fillers. It has a total of 366 episodes and 165 of them are fillers which takes 45% of the show just like in Naruto:Shippuuden but even so Bleach was more fast-paced than Naruto:Shippuuden and i guess i liked Bleach more. That's why Final Getsuga Tenshō didn't take a few episodes to charge up. And it also had one or two time skips.
    Now when we talk about One Piece.. Today it has a total of 740 episodes and 99 of them are fillers and that makes a low percentage of 13%. BUT... I noticed that after some episodes it becomes like this... You have to skip at least 5-6 minutes of every episode because of opening and ending(that is normal ofc..) then about 3-5 minutes because of that current events recap and there we have about 15 minutes of pure content.. Not actually.. Almost every time they fight with somebody they get separated. And on the same episode they keep track of every character simultaneously. So when the villain, main characters are just shown from different angles (and that takes like 10-20 seconds) then it just jumps to whats happening where another main character is (again showing them from different angles) and when it gets back to the previous character the same different angles scene shows up... So there you have 2-4 more minutes wasted combined with other time wasting tricks they use. And there you have 10 to 15 minutes of almost each episode wasted. No wonder it has only 13% of filler and has so many episodes.
    So now lets come to a conclusion. All those anime either have lots of fillers or just waste portion of every episode making it look big.
    That's about all i wanted to say ^^
  • MadHatter wrote:

Now when we talk about One Piece.. Today it has a total of 740 episodes and 99 of them are fillers and that makes a low percentage of 13%. BUT... I noticed that after some episodes it becomes like this... You have to skip at least 5-6 minutes of every episode because of opening and ending(that is normal ofc..) then about 3-5 minutes because of that current events recap and there we have about 15 minutes of pure content.. Not actually.. Almost every time they fight with somebody they get separated. And on the same episode they keep track of every character simultaneously. So when the villain, main characters are just shown from different angles (and that takes like 10-20 seconds) then it just jumps to whats happening where another main character is (again showing them from different angles) and when it gets back to the previous character the same different angles scene shows up... So there you have 2-4 more minutes wasted combined with other time wasting tricks they use. And there you have 10 to 15 minutes of almost each episode wasted. No wonder it has only 13% of filler and has so many episodes.
    So now lets come to a conclusion. All those anime either have lots of fillers or just waste portion of every episode making it look big.
    13% of episodes are fillers, but the content features between 10-15 minutes of the current events after the intro and ending are taken out of the equation?

Dang, I was not prepared for this when I started watching One Piece last year (Currently in the Alabasta arc at the moment)

• Here are anime where I've seen all the episodes:
    - Inuyasha
    - Dragon Ball
    - Code Geass
    - Death Note
    - Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0
    - Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
    - Lovely Complex
    - Angel Beats!

This is mainly listed in order from most to least favorited (with Inuyasha and Dragon Ball being an extremely close tie).
    I'm currently watching Dragon Ball Z.
  • Animu is the shit
    heres my list; DayRiuko's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

MadHatter wrote:

If we talk about spirit bombs taking 3 episodes to charge and other slow-paced things in anime.. Here is some actual statistics:

I have watched Dragon Ball Z, Naruto(shippuuden included), Bleach and Right now im on One Piece episode 580. All i can say is that..

Dragon ball Z has a total of 292 episodes which of them 43 are fillers and that makes 15% of the show. That's why in Dragon Ball Z spirit bomb takes quite a while to charge up but while it's charging something is still happening, like the enemy has to be distracted so someone is still fighting him.
    Naruto- Has 220 episodes and 93 of them are fillers so it's total 42% of the anime.. Then Naruto:Shippuuden today has 464 episodes with 207 episodes of filler and it takes 45% of the show. With these statistics it has to be renamed to Fillruto. That's why it doesn't take a day to charge up a rasengan.. And it had some time skips.
    Bleach is similar to Naruto in case of fillers. It has a total of 366 episodes and 165 of them are fillers which takes 45% of the show just like in Naruto:Shippuuden but even so Bleach was more fast-paced than Naruto:Shippuuden and i guess i liked Bleach more. That's why Final Getsuga Tenshō didn't take a few episodes to charge up. And it also had one or two time skips.
    Well, animus like naruto, one piece etc has been going on for a long time. Alot of people in japan has viewed that shit for years, and after like 2 years of content it may be needed to remind the viewer what that part of the story relates to. What we're doing is just rushing through the episodes 5-50 a day, that way we don't have to be reminded and thus we hate fillers.

Bleach has fillers? Haven't noticed lol. Such great animu :3
    I spit fire, im a real snowman.
  • The anime in this thread is so mainstream it hurts. Also, tmaplez, did you really watch Clannad:AS without watching the original Clannad?
    Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
    Make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better
    Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
    Raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ dongers
  • Zarah wrote:

The anime in this thread is so mainstream it hurts. Also, tmaplez, did you really watch Clannad:AS without watching the original Clannad?
    xDDD Yup, it kind of does. I've watched things like Black Bullet, Shokugeki No Souma, Kuruko No Basket (my fav), and Absolute Duo. All the main stream one are soooo ehhhh. Although Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online are exceptions cuz those are just perf :P :P :barrel: :barrel:
    AYYYYYY, I KNOW YOUUU!!! SIKE I DON'T. You actually read all of this?? Nicee, I always believed in yo butt :P

My Channel ;D