New Pewds vs Old Pewds

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• New Pewds vs Old Pewds

As you might be aware, Pewdiepie has changed his way of making videos again. Of course, when I talk about old, I'm talking about the 2014-2015 era of Pewdie vids, where it was mostly quick editing with screaming and more swearing at times. From the last video I watched (Which was the beginning of the undertale series he did), he seemed more calm and serious, much like the 2013 era of Pewds.

So, I was wondering what your thoughts on Pewdiepie are/were during his entirety of his youtube career. What do you think about Pewdiepie?
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • Oh my lord, that intro was amazing and funny.. Now I wanna watch Courage The Cowardly Dog again XD

It'd be great if more people could create more horror mods and stuff for Amnesia. SOMA was also a great game. We need more games like those two.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • I don't think much of it, I've been subscribed since 2013 but for the past 2yrs I've only ever popped over to watch his videos every now and then, I actually prefer his vlogs more than his gaming stuff, but I do still find amusement in some of his videos here and there. Like his SKATE 4 SKIIING?! video got a few laughs out of me, I'm actually watching it now xD
    • I actually was thinking about his transition and I am confused about his recent behaviour.
      Since he changed his "office" he also put a darker tone on his videos but sometimes it really seems like he is tired or even annoyed.

This is not a complaint but more something that makes me sad somehow, because I feel like Pewds was more spontaneous before and also more gleeful. In some videos, now, he really seems annoyed or bothered and I don't understand if it's something that he does on purpose (as if it was something "cool") or not, but I cannot help but feeling unconfortable seeing him doing that.

Maybe he is just tired sometimes or he has too many things to think about, I don't know...I hope this sort of change will lead to something different or I will have to start to watch all of his old videos instead :D
    • Actually I can' t tell if I prefer the "old" or the "new" PewDiePie, if you watched his recent video titled more or less like this post you probably noticed an huge increase in "quality", but, except that, he uses a completely different type of humor, and I'm personally very influenced (as YouTuber) by it, because I found it funny.

After all, the funny things are those things that you don't expect, and he's actually great with that... I've never laughed so much on a Pewds' video like I did in some of his last ones. (for example the one in which he sodas stuff)
      "Life becomes a waste if we think egocentrically"

• I like the new PewDiePie, I wasn't a fan of him in the beginning, he was far too crude and his jokes to me were lacking any real thought and he just jumped to some very controversial jokes. Now he's funny, his editing style and overall humor is great now. The editing in fact reminds of what you would see on an Adult Swim show. I wonder actually if he edits his own videos or not. Either way I much prefer this "new" one over the "old" one. My two cents anyway.
    • I feel like PewDiePie's change in personality and behavior has been pretty gradual if you've been following his videos for, say, 2 or more years. But to newbie who sees a recent video and then decides to watch one that is 2 or 3 years old.... well, they're in for a shock. Back in the old days, his command of the English language was very tenuous and he was very soft spoken and tended to hide behind his hair. But gradually, his confidence in himself and his English grew to the point that he evolved into the screaming, almost Jim Carrey like facial character we know and love today.

I think the thing to remember is that, back in the day, he didn't have an audience. His videos were very much a personal endeavor. But now, obviously, he has a huge audience. I think he has changed his personality and approach in proportion to the growth of his audience. And let's face it people; are any of us the same person we were 3-5 years ago? Hell no. It's a fact of life. You have to embrace the evolution me, you, and everyone we know inevitably undergoes.

I like the maniac he has become. He's hilarious. Crazy. Bizarre. Perverse. Cocky. Self-assured. He's brilliant. I think anyone who likes Adult Swim stuff or like Tim and Eric would dig Poods. I know a lot of people who won't even bother with PewDiePie because they assume he's a gamer. I tell these people that he's more an oddball entertainer than anything, but they won't listen. Their loss.
    • Poods_BodySuit wrote:

I feel like PewDiePie's change in personality and behavior has been pretty gradual if you've been following his videos for, say, 2 or more years. But to newbie who sees a recent video and then decides to watch one that is 2 or 3 years old.... well, they're in for a shock. Back in the old days, his command of the English language was very tenuous and he was very soft spoken and tended to hide behind his hair. But gradually, his confidence in himself and his English grew to the point that he evolved into the screaming, almost Jim Carrey like facial character we know and love today.

I think the thing to remember is that, back in the day, he didn't have an audience. His videos were very much a personal endeavor. But now, obviously, he has a huge audience. I think he has changed his personality and approach in proportion to the growth of his audience. And let's face it people; are any of us the same person we were 3-5 years ago? Hell no. It's a fact of life. You have to embrace the evolution me, you, and everyone we know inevitably undergoes.

I like the maniac he has become. He's hilarious. Crazy. Bizarre. Perverse. Cocky. Self-assured. He's brilliant. I think anyone who likes Adult Swim stuff or like Tim and Eric would dig Poods. I know a lot of people who won't even bother with PewDiePie because they assume he's a gamer. I tell these people that he's more an oddball entertainer than anything, but they won't listen. Their loss.
      Preach it boiiii. Preach ittt :D :D :barrel: :barrel:
      AYYYYYY, I KNOW YOUUU!!! SIKE I DON'T. You actually read all of this?? Nicee, I always believed in yo butt :P

My Channel ;D