Camera for recording videos

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Camera for recording videos

As a music person, I've been wanting to begin a youtube channel so I can showcase some of the stuff I create on a daily basis. In order to do that, I've put together a list of stuff I might need. One of them is a camera, and me being the noob I am with technology, I have no idea what camera would be best to record both visuals and sound to a good standard (meaning little to no static and "fuzzy" sound). What do you people suggest when it comes to technology?
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • This is a tricky question, but I'm pretty certain that buying a camera and a microphone separately would save you a lot of money. As a musician, focus on the microphone quality.

I've seen many youtubers recommending the Canon T5i a couple years ago for vlogging and I bought one. It has a nice adjustable image but the sound is bad.

By the way, does anyone know that kind of small camera which Pewds uses when he vlogs while travelling? I think it may be better than the DSLRs like the T5i.
    • Hi lee, I pretty much agree with what @Esquilo said, buy a separate high quality microphone especially if your future content will be focused more on music and audio recordings. I can suggest you Blue Yeti microphones as a very valid option, and why not consider also buying some acoustic/soundproofing foams/panels you can set up in your DIY studio room for a much higher quality, little to no less static/echo/fuzzy sound u want so that you don't need to alter and edit your recordings that much with effects like noise removal, equalization, you know those stuff.

For video or visuals, as long as it records video at 1080p 30fps (60fps is not necessary) and have high MP resolution, cheap camcorders or even digital cameras are fine. Still, it's just my personal opinion in your case. I wish you the best bro :thumbsup:

Esquilo wrote:

By the way, does anyone know that kind of small camera which Pewds uses when he vlogs while travelling? I think it may be better than the DSLRs like the T5i.
      this :thumbup: