I Really Want to Go To Full Sail Academy When I Grow Up, But...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I Really Want to Go To Full Sail Academy When I Grow Up, But...

As you may have already known, Felix has been making sponsored videos for this university for quite a while now. I was so amazed to find it there. I, too, want to make a videogame one day and give it to Felix, but there's this small problem. I'm in the Philippines and the university is way over there in Florida, USA. And the tuition and fees cost 22,000 dollars in estimation (I researched it earlier). Well, I guess I still can't join in that school, but I'm really determined to make my own videogame one day. One day...

:brofist: Brofist from the Philippines :brofist:
    • I know full sail do online degrees..not really sure their price though. But full sail isn't your only option. Most universities do courses that are about game design or just teach you what you need to make a game, like computer science. There's also tutorials online to teach you how to program so you could learn for free how to make a game but you just have to be committed. Good luck man.
    • Sometimes, the best universities that you might not be able to attend for a number of reasons offer online courses that can help you to achieve great ideas and dreams. Of course, money comes in to it if you have to pay for the online course.

Another thing you could possibly look into are books in various libraries that are based around making videogames. That might also be an option for ya.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • if you can afford to pay the money and still be able to live well you and your family in an economic way then go ahead, if not I suggest you to consider it before pushing your family or yourself into economic hell.....Without the money there are no studies (you can get them free but you need crazy smarts and or crazy abilities)
      <3 Life Loves you <3
    • Metal-Warrior wrote:

if you can afford to pay the money and still be able to live well you and your family in an economic way then go ahead, if not I suggest you to consider it before pushing your family or yourself into economic hell.....Without the money there are no studies (you can get them free but you need crazy smarts and or crazy abilities)
      Or you need to win a craptop of money legally
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

• As the others said, there's a few universities offering courses like that all over the world, try googling them up.

But: just to warn you, the courses narrow you down a lot. The gaming industry is mostly US based with not many big companies in Europe (Sweden has the most around here I'd say) or so. From what I heard it is generally considered a bad idea to double down on just game development. There's lots of normal IT degrees that open you a lot more doors and possibilities, and those are offered by way more state colleges/universities. Don't get me wrong, all the more power to the people that want to be creative. But at least from what I heard while talking with others the low amount of jobs don't justify the price tag of these often expensive courses.

(I'm mostly talking about the coding part of games here, the artsy parts I don't know much about.)
    • Tophat Guitarist wrote:

Metal-Warrior wrote:

if you can afford to pay the money and still be able to live well you and your family in an economic way then go ahead, if not I suggest you to consider it before pushing your family or yourself into economic hell.....Without the money there are no studies (you can get them free but you need crazy smarts and or crazy abilities)
      That Is what I meant by ¨afford to pay the money and still be able to live well you and your family in an economic way¨ hell, If I had a crap ton of money I would study a crap ton so I am a more valuable worker
      <3 Life Loves you <3
    • Metal-Warrior wrote:

Tophat Guitarist wrote:

Metal-Warrior wrote:

That Is what I meant by ¨afford to pay the money and still be able to live well you and your family in an economic way¨ hell, If I had a crap ton of money I would study a crap ton so I am a more valuable worker
      Ah. Got confused about that. My apologies ;-;

Still, if a lot of money came your way, it'd be best to save some of it in case the studying plan didn't go to plan.