Haters: Is It Better To Fight Back, Or Not?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Haters: Is It Better To Fight Back, Or Not?

So, umm, I watched this video from Youtube where they were talking about people who are making hate videos. Some examples of these hate videos are the ones that Pewds himself talked about in one of his vids. Why do people make hate videos anyways? And in the most offensive way. I mean, isn't it better to talk to the person directly and discuss their problems through a cup of coffee rather than exchange E-mails and post blogs that may just hurt anyone? Or, maybe there's a reason why they do that? Maybe something that may just give them a ton of profit.

In the video I watched, there were people who make hate videos mainly because they wanted to see all of the people who would try to defend the hated to click on their videos just so they can save up all of the views (sometimes even subs). Are they really so desperate for views that they would even sacrifice their reputation or the reputation of others just for them? We all know that Hate videos are somehow also considered Cyber Bullying.

Well, here's what the video told me and the other people who had watched the video: Do not try to be affected by whatever your enemies say about you. If you try to defend too much, then that may also mean that you're supporting them in a way. But that doesn't mean that you should just let them attack by doing nothing. As said in the movie Karate Kid, "Being still and doing nothing are different things."

:brofist: Brofist From The Philippines :brofist:

P.S. If ever this post insults you, I apologize. If ever you want me to remove this post, I will gladly do your request. I wish not to start a fight here. I only wanted to say what was in my mind. Again, if I said something wrong, I'm sorry.
    • I totally agree, they are just trying to get a reaction. I think it is the disconnect of the being behind a computer that makes them do it so easily. They seem to forget that the person on the other side is a human too. I mean everyone has problems and things they are dealing with and the world can't revolve around any single one person. I just don't even know how to reason with some of these people though, they seem very one sided constantly and not being open to any other opinion or the fact that people have different tastes in things like entertainment and music. But anyway thanks for posting this man.
    • If you respond back, they will likely send more hate and you may end up in a vicious cycle of reacting to haters.
      The haters will always appear from thin air and the best thing is to ignore them because as BreadHead said, they're trying to get a reaction. Some people are just like that.
      The only exception is if it someday gets out of control and the whole Internet turns against you, then you must've said or done something very wrong and the best thing to do is to truly recognize it and apologize publicly, directed to everyone.
    • Hate videos are the result of people knowing how to troll. This is the internet in a nutshell:
      1. Person finds popular person
      2. Makes a hate video by using an approach that will make fans angry
      3. Gets views
      4. Rinse and repeat
      Of course, after a few videos, this once small person is now going viral because of a video.

When it comes to responding to such a person, it's quite simple. Don't swear at them or even try to use sarcasm, because they will take it as a person who fangirls. Best thing you could say is that the video isn't to your liking.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.