Announcement Removal of dislikes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• People can still upvote their own stuff, but eventually something will be made to circumvent this.

Some ideas I had were:

1) Can't have someone from the same IP address, network, vote on your content. For example, my wife has an account here, the website could pinpoint our IPs and disallow her from liking my content. Right now there's nothing stopping her.

That would stop the multiple accounts (been awhile since I worked as an admin) from upvoting their own content and no one else's.
      Now that the dislike button has been removed, no one has to worry about a bunch of accounts all down voting everything.

2) Accounts made within a certain time frame can not immediately post/vote on other threads, but could post in their own threads.

3) Accounts over a certain timeframe old would need some sort of validation.. like steam for example.. but not limited to or they risk having their posts being restricted, or other restricted engagement.

Now all of this may seem unfair at first, but if someone wants to make an account legitimately, it shouldn't pose a problem. But for people to make alts for the sake of making alts.. it'll really be inconvenient.
    • datfeelsnice wrote:

You can still make multiple accounts and upvote your own post, no? There's no way around it unless he actually went through all the submissions regardless of score (Or got people to help sort out quality) but... That probably won't happen. Basically luck at this point, or if you want to cheat the system and make those accounts.

Tophat Guitarist wrote:

It's such a shame how the dislike button had to be remove. It's something that this site did well that facebook still failed at doing.

Joking asides, I don't see why people thought it was necessary to dislike certain people's entries for a competition on a website about a youtuber. Some people think it will help them win, and that's a sad thing that the community has gone downhill to this mess. Hopefully, the button will be re-added once the cheaters and other noobs realize it won't help them win the competitions if they dislike great entries.
      But it will help them win, that's why they do it.
      You can make more accounts here and upvote your work, but like others may have said, they will be found out and the person will ultimately be banned for trying to win by cheating.

Also, if downvoting posts in order to win works, then why are so many accounts banned/disqualified for cheating and being a pain in the butt to the mods? I mean, if you wanna enter a contest, do it. Just don't be that person who tries too hard to win. You shouldn't need to downvote other people's content if you believe yours is amazing.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • Just saying but to from the new user's experience there is a high correlation of people disliking videos of people just making channel advertisements.

These people seem to be the one editing there post saying things like "Your disliking my videos because you are trying win."

Source: I have went through 26 of the pages for the competition and skimmed through the videos posted. Almost 85% of the ones with "I love (userxxxx)'s channel" Have a mass amount of dislikes With a concerning amount of likes.
      One would assume that the admins here would do an organization of the videos they all prefer based off no previous bias. Then as such would submit this list for PewDiePie final review and video.

Just my 2 cents.
    • What's funny to me is how despite the warnings, banwaves and function removals you still have people making alt accounts. Some of you have no shame and it's really pathetic - especially since you've ultimately wasted your time considering the fact that you can't hide the video you made from us.

Yes, we watch your submissions. So no matter what account you post it from, it will be noticed, and it will be deleted again.

• Max wrote:

What's funny to me is how despite the warnings, banwaves and function removals you still have people making alt accounts. Some of you have no shame and it's really pathetic - especially since you've ultimately wasted your time considering the fact that you can't hide the video you made from us.

Yes, we watch your submissions. So no matter what account you post it from, it will be noticed, and it will be deleted again.
      major rip
      youtube.com/watch?v=sf6LD2B_kD…Rv9Ckjc-FBsuE2_QU6LOCL-aU-

a very tremendous Life changing with one instrument <3
    • desberry3 wrote:

Can't believe some bros would do that. If you are a true Bro, you would not cheat to win. Support your fellow bros and be proud of them.
      Unfortunately not everyone on here is a bro. Some of these people only hop on to try and get at their five minutes of fame. After the contest we'll probably never hear from them again. At least until the next contest that is.
    • I see alot of users even encourage other user to dislike other people's post, one of it is just because he is the first to submit a video about a particular topic and claim the rest who also use that topic as copycat, i think this is a pretty dumb and one bad action because 1. He/She literally called some users as copycat even if they actually never copy his/her content 2. Its not positive at all, maybe it can make you win or something but whats the point? you should've instead support them if you really a bro especially.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bhinecore ().

• QuinnPlays wrote:

People actually do that? BRO's do that?!
      Ugh X(

Well, good luck to everybody who's entered - I'm sure you all deserve recognition! Happy to be a part of the Bro community ;D
      We hate to think that it is a case but yes. They do so. However, I believe that I am speaking on the behalf of the entire team when I say we will not tolerate such behavior nor such attitude towards the community and therefore, if you ever encounter such behavior and it just happens that none of the mods are available to fix it right away, please take a screenshot as a proof of the activity (or any other way that would be convincing and direct) that breaks the rules an regulations, including an unfair competition and we will get to it ASAP. Do not let it discourage you from entering the future competitions or stop you from participating in any other forum activities. And ofc, good luck to all! ;3
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • Here is how I see it. Pewds did a call to action and somehow it made a ton of people that have never made a video before go out a create something for the first time in there life. 5 minutes of fame is nice but it shouldn't be the driving force of your creation.
      CREATE BECAUSE YOU ENJOY CREATING.