Announcement Removal of dislikes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Removal of dislikes

Hi all,

As you may be aware, we've removed the dislike button. This is due to the amount of cheating that has been happening in the contests recently. Users have been creating multiple accounts to dislike lots of other users posts and like their own. Multiple accounts are a bannable offence, and have been for a very long time, so we highly discourage this behaviour, and as such, any users we see with multiple accounts will be banned.

I would like to take a moment to encourage some positivity, because the contest seems to have brought forth a lot of negativity. If you watch an entry on the contest, and you enjoy it, like it! If you don't, move on. It's that simple.

We never expected the dislike button to be used in this way, and that is why it has been removed.

Thank you all for your understanding.
      So uh. I write
    • LittleJayBerry wrote:

Yea, that's pretty cool. Thanks, I didn't know making an alt was not allowed. I overlooked that. I had made an account for another member in my household, but, for fear that would be considered an alt, I promptly deleted the account after I discovered this.
      Generally we don't ban for 2 accounts, we'll disable one and talk to you about it, if you want to make an account for another member of your household who wants to be a part of the community, please go ahead!
      So uh. I write
    • Vicsyyy wrote:

LittleJayBerry wrote:

Yea, that's pretty cool. Thanks, I didn't know making an alt was not allowed. I overlooked that. I had made an account for another member in my household, but, for fear that would be considered an alt, I promptly deleted the account after I discovered this.
      Generally we don't ban for 2 accounts, we'll disable one and talk to you about it, if you want to make an account for another member of your household who wants to be a part of the community, please go ahead!
      Okay, thanks. I just know a long time ago, a similar situation happened on another website.. and both my account and my wife's account were removed because we use the same browser and have the same/similar IP address due to a network. But now that I got the all clear.. I'll reactivate the account.
    • Vicsyyy wrote:

JartaGames wrote:

Are all the dislikes being removed because on my post in the Greenscreen competition I have 23 likes but I have 17 dislikes and they're not gone ;(
      As of right now, we have no intention of removing the current dislikes due to the strain it would put on our systems, and the amount of time it would take to go through the hundreds of entries.
      Ahh alright, I can understand that iterating through thousands of posts would put strain on the systems but will dislikes be taken in to account when counting the likes as that may put some people who have been dislike-botted such as myself at an un-fair advantage. Thank you for the swift reply though *brofist* :)
    • It's such a shame how the dislike button had to be remove. It's something that this site did well that facebook still failed at doing.

Joking asides, I don't see why people thought it was necessary to dislike certain people's entries for a competition on a website about a youtuber. Some people think it will help them win, and that's a sad thing that the community has gone downhill to this mess. Hopefully, the button will be re-added once the cheaters and other noobs realize it won't help them win the competitions if they dislike great entries.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • You can still make multiple accounts and upvote your own post, no? There's no way around it unless he actually went through all the submissions regardless of score (Or got people to help sort out quality) but... That probably won't happen. Basically luck at this point, or if you want to cheat the system and make those accounts.

Tophat Guitarist wrote:

It's such a shame how the dislike button had to be remove. It's something that this site did well that facebook still failed at doing.

Joking asides, I don't see why people thought it was necessary to dislike certain people's entries for a competition on a website about a youtuber. Some people think it will help them win, and that's a sad thing that the community has gone downhill to this mess. Hopefully, the button will be re-added once the cheaters and other noobs realize it won't help them win the competitions if they dislike great entries.
      But it will help them win, that's why they do it.

• datfeelsnice wrote:

Esquilo wrote:

Thanks Vicsyyy for taking action!

Being aware of it is a great step for a fair competition, and I don't think the videos would be picked based only on the number of likes, it still has to be a good/funny video.
      I highly doubt he watches all of the submissions to find the good ones.
      I don't try and find the good ones, I've spent a good few hours weeding through 25 pages of posts and removing any that a user has up voted with multiple accounts.
      So uh. I write
    • Vicsyyy wrote:

datfeelsnice wrote:

Esquilo wrote:

Being aware of it is a great step for a fair competition, and I don't think the videos would be picked based only on the number of likes, it still has to be a good/funny video.
      I don't try and find the good ones, I've spent a good few hours weeding through 25 pages of posts and removing any that a user has up voted with multiple accounts.
      I meant PewDiePie, sorry about that!
    • datfeelsnice wrote:

Vicsyyy wrote:

datfeelsnice wrote:

Esquilo wrote:

I meant PewDiePie, sorry about that!
      Ah, we're in agreement then. It's unrealistic to expect anyone to watch 600+ videos!
      So uh. I write
    • Vicsyyy wrote:

Hi all,

As you may be aware, we've removed the dislike button. This is due to the amount of cheating that has been happening in the contests recently. Users have been creating multiple accounts to dislike lots of other users posts and like their own. Multiple accounts are a bannable offence, and have been for a very long time, so we highly discourage this behaviour, and as such, any users we see with multiple accounts will be banned.

I would like to take a moment to encourage some positivity, because the contest seems to have brought forth a lot of negativity. If you watch an entry on the contest, and you enjoy it, like it! If you don't, move on. It's that simple.

We never expected the dislike button to be used in this way, and that is why it has been removed.

Thank you all for your understanding.
      The humanity is saved...............i see the light................and Peace............. anyway have a like sire! :D
      youtube.com/watch?v=sf6LD2B_kD…Rv9Ckjc-FBsuE2_QU6LOCL-aU-

a very tremendous Life changing with one instrument <3