Cheating at Green Screen Competition

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Hi all,

Just wanted to provide a bit of feedback. We've removed the ability to dislike to help counteract the amount of cheating that is happening in the contest. This does not affect the replies that are already there.

Thank you so much for your feedback, it's hard to pick up on this sort of stuff with the amount we have to handle with this many new users. :)
      So uh. I write
    • Vicsyyy wrote:

Hi all,

Just wanted to provide a bit of feedback. We've removed the ability to dislike to help counteract the amount of cheating that is happening in the contest. This does not affect the replies that are already there.

Thank you so much for your feedback, it's hard to pick up on this sort of stuff with the amount we have to handle with this many new users. :)
      Thanks for the clarification, was strange to see that one minute disliking wasn't working; and thought my right to dislike had been revoked (presumed I was being too critical with people's editing?).
    • koizumeme wrote:

Vicsyyy wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for the clarification, was strange to see that one minute disliking wasn't working; and thought my right to dislike had been revoked (presumed I was being too critical with people's editing?).
      Not at all, I appreciate (and expect) everyone to be critical, otherwise what's the point in the popularity system? But there are a lot of users that have taken it to another level and who are creating 4, 6, even 11 accounts, purely to dislike other peoples entries. And that's not fair at all. I know these types of people will continue to make accounts and like their own entries with them, but that is a LOT easier to deal with than disliking, as it's on one post as opposed to 200+ :)
      So uh. I write
    • Smart idea. Will that be permanent on contests from now on? And what's now going to make me think, what if people just use alts to thumbs up now instead of down?

AND, will you all eventually add a feature where when a person was banned, their likes and dislikes and everything associated to the account goes away? That would be useful, there's a lot of banned accounts on my post that have disliked it.. and only one banned account that liked it.

It would be cool if these banned accounts likes and dislikes were removed, but if not, I understand.
    • Vicsyyy wrote:

koizumeme wrote:

Vicsyyy wrote:

Hi all,

Not at all, I appreciate (and expect) everyone to be critical, otherwise what's the point in the popularity system? But there are a lot of users that have taken it to another level and who are creating 4, 6, even 11 accounts, purely to dislike other peoples entries. And that's not fair at all. I know these types of people will continue to make accounts and like their own entries with them, but that is a LOT easier to deal with than disliking, as it's on one post as opposed to 200+ :)
      That's very true, and understandable! Though I have to admit that I wonder if those who are making new accounts spent the same amount of time editing their videos, maybe they'd end up on top?
    • TheLegendofJonnii wrote:

LittleJayBerry wrote:

Smart idea. Will that be permanent on contests from now on? And what's now going to make me think, what if people just use alts to thumbs up now instead of down?
      I predict this happening just as quickly lol
      Don't be afraid, it's much easier to catch them out. Multiple accounts are bannable no matter what they're used for. I've been through a good amount of the thread and have banned a good few people already for this. :)
      So uh. I write
    • TheLegendofJonnii wrote:

LittleJayBerry wrote:

Smart idea. Will that be permanent on contests from now on? And what's now going to make me think, what if people just use alts to thumbs up now instead of down?
      I predict this happening just as quickly lol
      Yea, I do too, but I think they said they could fix that faster though, which is what Vicsyyy had said. Basically instead of two channels to use to cheat their way to the top, now they are limited to one. Which would make the chaos slow down.