Self Promoting.. on everything?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Self Promoting.. on everything?

Okay, I don't want to sound like an idiot, but it's probably too late for that. :thumbsup:
    According to the rules, you're not allowed to self promote.

DanOS wrote:

Self promoting - The act of gaining publicity for yourself and your products. This includes your YouTube video(s), your channel, any kind of content that you create, etc.

Okay, so I didn't make a signature with my youtube channel in it.
    Now, I see some people.. actually a lot of people.. including famous people (who gained fame by this website) have their channels in their signatures. 8|

Now, isn't this considered self promoting? And what's more.. if it is.. why is it so rampant?
    I understand Pewds is allowed, because duh, senpai.. but what of others? For example JackSepticEye has done it.. granted he hasn't logged in for nearly 3 years.

I have been tempted to do this myself now.. because I have ignored people doing it who have made like only one post on the site.. but then I see people with as many posts as me or even much higher (which means they get seen on the forums more frequently.. therefore have a higher chance of being "yelled at" for self promoting) have their YouTube links in their sigs.

Now I do not see self promoting anywhere else on the site.. (maybe due to not digging hard enough) unless it's in a shoutout contest like the one currently being done via the intro thing. So does that mean it's allowed for sigs but not anywhere else on the site except for special cases? ;(

Would I be shunned for putting my YouTube link in my sig when countless others have done so already?
  • I have it in my signature but at the same time I do not blow up every other post asking people to check me out and it has honestly just kind of become common practice for me to do on forums. If I say something interesting on a post and someone decides they want to check me out then that is their own choice but I could be wrong. To me, as long as the subscription is nice and subtle and not begging to be clicked then it should be okay but I am not a mod. At the end of the day a lot of us are content creators as much as we are fans of Pewds and the other big guys and we have to get ourselves out there somehow, right? Like I said, to me as long as the signature is subtle and you aren't pestering people to check you out then this should not be a problem especially if you are an active member of the forums. Thats just my two cents at least :P
  • TheLegendofJonnii wrote:

I have it in my signature but at the same time I do not blow up every other post asking people to check me out and it has honestly just kind of become common practice for me to do on forums. If I say something interesting on a post and someone decides they want to check me out then that is their own choice but I could be wrong. To me, as long as the subscription is nice and subtle and not begging to be clicked then it should be okay but I am not a mod. At the end of the day a lot of us are content creators as much as we are fans of Pewds and the other big guys and we have to get ourselves out there somehow, right? Like I said, to me as long as the signature is subtle and you aren't pestering people to check you out then this should not be a problem especially if you are an active member of the forums. Thats just my two cents at least :P
    Mystery answered it perfectly. And I love your answer too. Thank you both! I'll make a signature and hopefully one that doesn't say "SUBSCRIBE TO ME OR I WILL EAT YOUR FAMILY LIKE A TITAN FROM AoT!"
  • LittleJayBerry wrote:

TheLegendofJonnii wrote:

I have it in my signature but at the same time I do not blow up every other post asking people to check me out and it has honestly just kind of become common practice for me to do on forums. If I say something interesting on a post and someone decides they want to check me out then that is their own choice but I could be wrong. To me, as long as the subscription is nice and subtle and not begging to be clicked then it should be okay but I am not a mod. At the end of the day a lot of us are content creators as much as we are fans of Pewds and the other big guys and we have to get ourselves out there somehow, right? Like I said, to me as long as the signature is subtle and you aren't pestering people to check you out then this should not be a problem especially if you are an active member of the forums. Thats just my two cents at least :P
    Mystery answered it perfectly. And I love your answer too. Thank you both! I'll make a signature and hopefully one that doesn't say "SUBSCRIBE TO ME OR I WILL EAT YOUR FAMILY LIKE A TITAN FROM AoT!"
    "sub4sub 420 MLG GAMER ALL DAY SUB ME OR A BABY DIES #LOL #KESHA #KANYE #POOPIEPIE #YOLO - Youtube channel"