Advice, Tips and inspiration

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Advice, Tips and inspiration

Every now and again, we all need advice for something. This could be in the form of life advice, video creating or ideas for what to eat for dinner.

This is a thread designed to let you say what you think is good advice, whether its yours or someone from the past. Post all the advice you can. :D
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • You know, Mys said that there was a similar thread like this that 'died' a long time ago right? What you just did, my friend, is necroposting. Tsk tsk tsk. Oh well. :/

Here's a quote that I would like to share. It's from a song called Saturn by Sleeping at Last.

"How rare and beautiful, it truly is that we exist."

So, no matter what you're going through right now, life goes on. Don't just look at the negative things in life. Always look at the bright side. Remember, there's always good things in bad and vice versa. Just be glad that you're alive right now. You're a one unique individual. If we're all the same person, life would be boring. I mean, what's the fun in that?

So yeah. If any of you need someone to talk to or just someone to listen to your problems and such, you can always find me here in the Forums, Brochat or just drop by at my profile. I may be mean or immature at times but when it comes to helping out, I'm serious.

Well, that is all for now. See y'all around! :)

-Dash/Masky
    • necropost is now the name of my new non-existent band.

My own advice for being a youtuber, as bad as it might sound, is to find someone around your subs and beat them. Grow past them. This sounds crappy but I do not mean in a shady way like talking bad about them. I mean find out what it is that they are doing and learn from it. Learn and be willing to do what you have to do to be the best that you can. As soon as I outgrow one I start watching another. What are they doing that made them better than me and the last person? What can I do as a youtuber to learn and grow from them? If you spend your entire career thinking that youtube isn't a competition for the little guys you stay small for a lot longer than you might want to. My current goal is a really awesome guy name Helix101 Gaming. He has definitely been doing something right since I can never seem to catch up to him but that is what you really need. Someone to compare yourself to that is on your level. If you try and compare yourself to guys like Pewds and Mark then you are setting yourself up for failure as that kind of success really takes time and hard effort.

Oh and like Metal-Warrior said, eat your vegetables.
    • I say open a blog and write an online diary. Yes an online diary.. post your deepest thoughts for all too see. I've started doing this.. has made me look like a complete and utter asshat.. but I need to get my negative energy out.. granted not all of my blog posts are negative. I just write what comes to my mind for that day. A simple google search will find my diary.. or just put com after my name. I hate making that sound like self promotion.. but.. no real way to not make it sound like it.