YouTube Channel Link Help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• YouTube Channel Link Help

How's it goin' Bros? I'm Peeeew--er--LittleJayBerry.

So this crap has been bugging the living horse honkey, out of the backside of my rooster barrel, FOR MONTHS!
    Why is it that wonderful, glorious, almighty YouTube says you can get a custom made URL for your channel and yet it's really a seemingly half truth?

When someone tries to go to the "youtube.com/user/USERPROFILE" it says "This channel does not exist." This is the default link youtube uses.
    When I go to the "advanced account settings" it instead gives me "https://www.youtube.com/c/USERPROFILE" which does work.
    The new link YouTube doesn't feel like using by default. AWESOME! :thumbsup:

People say to just use the youtube.com/channel/ABUNCHOFRANDOMARSELETTERS
    But if I wanted to use a bunch of random letters auto generated by a 1880's potato, I would have. No I wanted the pretty user/profile link MOST SOCIAL MEDIA sites use.. like broarmy.

I bring this up because the rules of broarmy says I can not self promote. No biggie. I utilized my profile with the link fields it gave me.. ONE OF THESE BEING THE YOUTUBE LINK. When I put in my username.. it sent people to the "user" link which is not working. To circumvent this, I simply put my YouTube in the website field.

Anyone able to explain this to me? I have an old channel where it doesn't run into this issue. However my new channel does. So... did someone at YouToobz change something where it gave me a royal SNAFU?

Some help would be appreciated. But for some reason I feel I may already know the answer.. "JAY.. THAT'S THE OLD WAY OF HOW THE LINKS WORK AND YOUTUBE JUST DIDN'T UPDATE THE OLD REDIRECT LINK TO THE NEW REDIRECT LINK."

*Le sigh* :huh: