PewDiePie: Stop Caring

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• PewDiePie: Stop Caring

I just watched your "Catering to your audience" vlog and it really sucked to hear you so beaten up about "fans" who were throwing hate your way.

The equation is simple, yo... True fans would never do that. True fans want YOU to be YOU and release the content YOU want to make. Care about those people and ignore the rest.

I learned that lesson years ago on my first go-around on the interwebs, trying to make everyone happy. It's a burden. Those who really like you and want you to succeed will support you in what YOU want to do.

It's obvious that you care and it's obvious you are worried about how you're perceived. You've got a finite amount of energy. Spend it on those you love and those who love you and accept that the rest is beyond your control.

Be happy, motherfucker.
      -Mac
      Stay Pooshy!
      MoodPoosh
      - YouTube
    • I totally agree with you especially when treating friends and loved ones.

But a big youtuber has 2 kind of real viewers. Those who like his personality and those who like only his content like television. I think the problem is with the second. That they want to see their entertainment and don't really care for the real person behind. So they love the topics of some videos and dislike topics of others.

These are fans of Pewdiepie not fans of real Felix to like every video. Still fans though so he tries to satisfy. :)
    • SteliosGame wrote:

I totally agree with you especially when treating friends and loved ones.

But a big youtuber has 2 kind of real viewers. Those who like his personality and those who like only his content like television. I think the problem is with the second. That they want to see their entertainment and don't really care for the real person behind. So they love the topics of some videos and dislike topics of others.

These are fans of Pewdiepie not fans of real Felix to like every video. Still fans though so he tries to satisfy. :)
      That's understandable but at least the way I see it, the only people worth spending any energy caring about are the ones who care about you.

I get trying to appease those who simply enjoy your content and don't care about you personally but he seemed genuinely upset about people who didn't care about what he wanted to do. I think spending any time in that rut is a waste of time ;)
      Stay Pooshy!
      MoodPoosh
      - YouTube
    • I don't think it's waste of time to try to approach those fans who only like your content in a more personal way, turning them into any video fans. And by feeling bad it actually shows that he really cares not like so many fake youtubers, so its good to see that it has positive final effect.

Like for example people like you making this post making him a little bit happier.
    • SteliosGame wrote:

I don't think it's waste of time to try to approach those fans who only like your content in a more personal way, turning them into any video fans. And by feeling bad it actually shows that he really cares not like so many fake youtubers, so its good to see that it has positive final effect.

Like for example people like you making this post making him a little bit happier.
      I shall agree to disagree with you :) I don't think you shouldn't put any effort into making people who don't genuinely care about you (and not just the things you create) happy but I just don't see the purpose of letting their displeasure affect you in any way.

Just my point of view, which isn't always a perfect one :)
      Stay Pooshy!
      MoodPoosh
      - YouTube