Some people here going to the gym? :)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Some people here going to the gym? :)

Hello peeps,

I was just curious wether there are some people in the bro army who go to the gym?
      I doesn't matter if you're already a 5 year gym beast or a 2016 resolutioner.
      We can help each other here with giving correct info, talk about experiences?
      Give some PR's, supplements, best clothing, etc :)

About myself, I've been going to the gym for about 1 year. I've been the skinny guy all my life but I wanted to change something.
      I started my music channel and started going to the gym. They've became so important to me.
      I started out at benching 45 lbs/ 20 kg and at the moment I'm doing 155lbs/ 70kg. I know I'm still not a beast but my progression makes me motivated! :)
      I've been doing everything natural, eating well but I've been thinking about supplements lately. Anyone some advice on this?

Thanks

Free Groovy Music
    • I've been going to the gym in the past year (not monthly or weekly to be fair) and i started just because i wanted to lose weight. Like you i started benching with ~30kg and i got to 70kg as today :D Advice, just i never took any supplements, only food and i never been on a diet or something, just avoid fat and sugar and drink only water most of the time and its all good :D
      Ps: i went from 98kg to 82kg :D
    • So did you eat a meal after your workout? How else did you get protein in your system after the workout? :p
      I'm aiming to gain some weight in muscle and get my fatpercentage down (hoping to get 9% in the summer).

Odd question, do you have some reliable shops to buy gym wear? I just know gymshark but they are expensive :p
    • hey, i go to the gym every saturday since 2016, i don't have time to go more often, yet i hope i can change at least a bit, i'm 15 and im 1.76cm tall 60kg and you can guess im very skinny, I eat a lot and whatever my stomach tells me since i know myself but it doesn't look like so, my arms and legs are so thin that they would be mistaken for a girl's if not for the thick hair :D i'm pretty weak too, i can bench 20kg but not more than that. Can anyone gimme any advice, should i find more time to go more often than 3hrs a week, maybe a little less pewdiepie on my couch and a bit more sweat and pain in the gym... well, that's obviously what i should do but should i change my diet? As far as i know i should eat more protein?? Thanks for reading and btw i recently registered here so welcome to me :D :D
    • Free Groovy Music wrote:

So did you eat a meal after your workout? How else did you get protein in your system after the workout? :P
      I'm aiming to gain some weight in muscle and get my fatpercentage down (hoping to get 9% in the summer).

Odd question, do you have some reliable shops to buy gym wear? I just know gymshark but they are expensive :p
      Well tbh i usually eat after gym because i go there after school, so yeah most of it its food, i don't eat meat every day i just went with what i mom cooked me and i can say i am very close to one of my friends who started before me and used to drink protein shakes (i never tasted one in my life) I am myself 1.91cm or 6.25 tall at 83kgs or 182lb but i would like to get to a 10% fat (i don't do cardio i just try not to get past 2500 calories a day) and no i don't have shops i just use a tank top or a shirt :D
    • CooliepieMarin wrote:

hey, i go to the gym every saturday since 2016, i don't have time to go more often, yet i hope i can change at least a bit, i'm 15 and im 1.76cm tall 60kg and you can guess im very skinny, I eat a lot and whatever my stomach tells me since i know myself but it doesn't look like so, my arms and legs are so thin that they would be mistaken for a girl's if not for the thick hair :D i'm pretty weak too, i can bench 20kg but not more than that. Can anyone gimme any advice, should i find more time to go more often than 3hrs a week, maybe a little less pewdiepie on my couch and a bit more sweat and pain in the gym... well, that's obviously what i should do but should i change my diet? As far as i know i should eat more protein?? Thanks for reading and btw i recently registered here so welcome to me :D :D

I would suggest of trying to go 3 times a week to start with. You don't have to stay there for 3hours. You should go for like 1-1,5hours each time and focus a different muscle group every day. Example: Monday you do Chest + Triceps ; Wednesday you do Shoulders + Back; Friday you do Biceps & legs. This way your other muscles get enough time to recover. Everybody started at 20kg so no worries. :p And eating unhealthy was a mistake of mine aswell. I was eating mcdonals almost every day but I couldn't get fat, that's because those are empty calories.
      You should focus on a diet of Carbs(pasta,rice,potatoes, brown bread,havery) and Protein (meat,fish, eggs). This way you will gain weight in muscle instead of fat. And just give it some time, muscles don't come in weeks but in months and years :)
    • Yeah sorta. I don't go to the gym, but I work out 3-5 times a week. I bought a lot of weights for myself. I've been bodybuilding for right about 1 year now. I too, have been so skinny all my life. I have to be only about 8% body fat. I desperately needed to gain weight. I was 110 lbs (49kg) at 25 years old & 5'9. I seriously will lose like 2.5 pounds a week if I don't workout & eat tons of calories, carbs, & protein. I also had severe Ulcerative Colitis that made me terrified to leave my house.

I started lifting in December 2014. Back in February 2015 I had my first surgery to remove my entire colon & rectum. Lived with an ostomy for 4 months ( was really annoying). Actually, there were 3 surgeries. The first was in February, then May, then June. It was a little depressing to see myself lose weight after each surgery because I had to wait to recover, but it didn't stop me. Right now I think I weigh around 145lbs, plus I have no large intestine which weighs about 5lbs. So, really I'm closer to 150lbs if I was normal :D
    • Spyder1246 wrote:

Yeah sorta. I don't go to the gym, but I work out 3-5 times a week. I bought a lot of weights for myself. I've been bodybuilding for right about 1 year now. I too, have been so skinny all my life. I have to be only about 8% body fat. I desperately needed to gain weight. I was 110 lbs (49kg) at 25 years old & 5'9. I seriously will lose like 2.5 pounds a week if I don't workout & eat tons of calories, carbs, & protein. I also had severe Ulcerative Colitis that made me terrified to leave my house.

I started lifting in December 2014. Back in February 2015 I had my first surgery to remove my entire colon & rectum. Lived with an ostomy for 4 months ( was really annoying). Actually, there were 3 surgeries. The first was in February, then May, then June. It was a little depressing to see myself lose weight after each surgery because I had to wait to recover, but it didn't stop me. Right now I think I weigh around 145lbs, plus I have no large intestine which weighs about 5lbs. So, really I'm closer to 150lbs if I was normal :D
      That sir, is quite motivational for any skinny person who feels that it's hopeless with trainning :D
      youtube.com/watch?v=sf6LD2B_kD…Rv9Ckjc-FBsuE2_QU6LOCL-aU-

a very tremendous Life changing with one instrument <3
    • CooliepieMarin wrote:

hey, i go to the gym every saturday since 2016, i don't have time to go more often, yet i hope i can change at least a bit, i'm 15 and im 1.76cm tall 60kg and you can guess im very skinny, I eat a lot and whatever my stomach tells me since i know myself but it doesn't look like so, my arms and legs are so thin that they would be mistaken for a girl's if not for the thick hair :D i'm pretty weak too, i can bench 20kg but not more than that. Can anyone gimme any advice, should i find more time to go more often than 3hrs a week, maybe a little less pewdiepie on my couch and a bit more sweat and pain in the gym... well, that's obviously what i should do but should i change my diet? As far as i know i should eat more protein?? Thanks for reading and btw i recently registered here so welcome to me :D :D
      You say you're skinny but you eat a lot and yet you don't gain weight. Most of the time with people like you that is not the case.

Eat above your TDEE by about 500 calories or so. Calculate that using the numerous TDEE calculators available on the internet. That is how you gain weight. Count your calories before complaining about no weight gain, ffs.

Your bench is pretty weak for a 15 year old. I benched 35 kg at 14. How long has it been like that? It could be your routine. I don't know your goals, but it would be a good idea to follow a strength focused routine (IF YOU DO THIS DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LACK OF PHYSICAL GAINS, FFS.) and once you get a good strength base move on to a bodybulding focused one.
      If you don't like this just get a better routine if you can't progress while on your current one.
      Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
      Make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better
      Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
      Raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ dongers
    • I used to be super into bodybuilding actually. I trained hard for about 3 years until I started working factory night shifts and my schedule fell apart :P.

Anyways, I highly recommend a Whey Protein supplement for right after your workouts. I would always drink it in the change room quickly right after my workout, as it absorbs into your system super quick. Also, if you tend to get sick often, putting a bit of Glutamine into your protein supplement is great, since Glutamine is essential for your immune system and you expend a lot of it by lifting heavy weights.

I took preworkout supplements for a while as well, and I really enjoyed that for the most part. You may need to try a few before you find one that you really like, since they tend to have different mental effects that can sometimes suck. I found that taking a preworkout helped my motivation a ton, and I never had any issue performing well at the gym when I had one. I stopped taking a preworkout at one point due to a stomach condition that it really wasn't cooperating with, but I don't believe the preworkout supplements actually caused it.

That's just my brief rundown on supplements. I don't really think any others are necessary, if we're just talking about building muscle and whatnot. Let me know if there are any other questions I can try to answer! :D
    • RobertIDK wrote:

I used to be super into bodybuilding actually. I trained hard for about 3 years until I started working factory night shifts and my schedule fell apart :P.

Anyways, I highly recommend a Whey Protein supplement for right after your workouts. I would always drink it in the change room quickly right after my workout, as it absorbs into your system super quick. Also, if you tend to get sick often, putting a bit of Glutamine into your protein supplement is great, since Glutamine is essential for your immune system and you expend a lot of it by lifting heavy weights.

I took preworkout supplements for a while as well, and I really enjoyed that for the most part. You may need to try a few before you find one that you really like, since they tend to have different mental effects that can sometimes suck. I found that taking a preworkout helped my motivation a ton, and I never had any issue performing well at the gym when I had one. I stopped taking a preworkout at one point due to a stomach condition that it really wasn't cooperating with, but I don't believe the preworkout supplements actually caused it.

That's just my brief rundown on supplements. I don't really think any others are necessary, if we're just talking about building muscle and whatnot. Let me know if there are any other questions I can try to answer! :D
      I'm just going to start with using a Whey protein because at this point I don't get enough protein in my system after my work out( I work out in the evening) so the shake would be good solution. My goal is not to became a serious bodybuilder, I just want to get that Aesthetic look you know? ;)

I'm just going to start with using a Whey protein because at this point I don't get enough protein in my system after my work out( I work out in the evening) so the shake would be good solution. My goal is not to became a serious bodybuilder, I just want to get that Aesthetic look you know? ;)
      Yeah dude for sure! When i say I was into bodybuilding, I mostly just meant the look/strength. I've never wanted to compete or anything. Working out with those types of goals can get somewhat obsessive pretty easily, so I just was really into constantly getting stronger. Nowadays it's more of a health thing, but I definitely hope you end up enjoying it :). It's always satisfying to see progress, especially when you're doing something that's actually good for you.
    • Just saw this thread.
      Doing gym myself for a while but before that been a professional athlete/runner/sprinter for 12 years.

It's quite nice to see a similar topic on this site which is related to games.
      Just wanted to mention that if you are going to the gym, do a bit of a research about gym etiquette and a lot of tips/help regarding how to do exercises correctly. Oh and for the love of god, do not skip leg day ;P
      <--- Oh, you hate me son?
    • Bundyclan wrote:

Just saw this thread.
      Doing gym myself for a while but before that been a professional athlete/runner/sprinter for 12 years.

Just wanted to mention that if you are going to the gym, do a bit of a research about gym etiquette and a lot of tips/help regarding how to do exercises correctly. Oh and for the love of god, do not skip leg day ;P
      woah! being an athlete is super nice, did you compete with other people and if so, how much could you run at lowest possible time?

• Semi wrote:

Bundyclan wrote:

Just saw this thread.

woah! being an athlete is super nice, did you compete with other people and if so, how much could you run at lowest possible time?
      I stopped when I was 18-19 , can't recall exactly anymore haha.
      100m: 11.04s
      200m: 22.00s (I think it was 1.4 against wind)
      400m: 49,10 (but 400m was never my cup of tea as I never used all my energy cause I hated 400m)
    • Bundyclan wrote:

This. Don't curl in the squat rack, for fuck's sake, don't hog up equipment for long periods of time, don't sit on the bench for 5 mins between sets staring into your phone, wipe down equipment, and please don't come in with a group of friends and start fucking around.
      Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
      Make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better
      Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
      Raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ dongers
    • Zarah wrote:

Bundyclan wrote:

This. Don't curl in the squat rack, for fuck's sake, don't hog up equipment for long periods of time, don't sit on the bench for 5 mins between sets staring into your phone, wipe down equipment, and please don't come in with a group of friends and start fucking around.
      True. Most people who are in the gym for 2 hours could finish it in literally 40 minutes their training.
      First do some warming up and then if you have a gym training plan, you can easily do the training in 1 hour and have a good result overtime. Per day, I focus on 2 main muscle groups which are not connected to the same exercise that way I don't relax for minutes. During 1 "round" I have about 30 seconds rest and between the rounds 1-2 minutes maybe.
      And oala! You did a great job and also can play more video games afterwards! Profit.
    • Bundyclan wrote:

I stopped when I was 18-19 , can't recall exactly anymore haha. 100m: 11.04s
      200m: 22.00s (I think it was 1.4 against wind)
      400m: 49,10 (but 400m was never my cup of tea as I never used all my energy cause I hated 400m)

oh! thats pretty good :D i cant really tell what mine was because we never really competed at 100m but only 60 for some weird reason O.o

Hello peeps,

I was just curious wether there are some people in the bro army who go to the gym?
      I doesn't matter if you're already a 5 year gym beast or a 2016 resolutioner.
      We can help each other here with giving correct info, talk about experiences?
      Give some PR's, supplements, best clothing, etc :)

About myself, I've been going to the gym for about 1 year. I've been the skinny guy all my life but I wanted to change something.
      I started my music channel and started going to the gym. They've became so important to me.
      I started out at benching 45 lbs/ 20 kg and at the moment I'm doing 155lbs/ 70kg. I know I'm still not a beast but my progression makes me motivated! :)
      I've been doing everything natural, eating well but I've been thinking about supplements lately. Anyone some advice on this?

Thanks

Free Groovy Music
      Sounds like a brilliant idea man! I got really exited for you as I kept reading your post haha! :D I've been working out for around 3 years and loving it as well!
      I would definitely recommend not investing to much money on supplement in the start. Im not sure about your age? but I assume you're young and healthy, In that case, I wouldn't buy anything. Spend your money on food instead! Again, if youre looking for something I would strongly suggest whey protein, and some BCAA on the side. That is all you need IMO :) Good luck bro!

RobertIDK wrote:

I used to be super into bodybuilding actually. I trained hard for about 3 years until I started working factory night shifts and my schedule fell apart :P.

Great tips Robert! Ive been playing around abit with PWO:s as well and I also got stomach problems so I quit using it. PWO:s can be great, but they are usually very expensive so I guess it comes down to how much youre willing to spend :) Good luck bro!

Bundyclan wrote:

Zarah wrote:

Bundyclan wrote:

True. Most people who are in the gym for 2 hours could finish it in literally 40 minutes their training. First do some warming up and then if you have a gym training plan, you can easily do the training in 1 hour and have a good result overtime. Per day, I focus on 2 main muscle groups which are not connected to the same exercise that way I don't relax for minutes. During 1 "round" I have about 30 seconds rest and between the rounds 1-2 minutes maybe.
      And oala! You did a great job and also can play more video games afterwards! Profit.
      Haha I laughed out loud when I read this! So true! It doesnt matter where in the world you work out, you can find these people EVERYWHERE!

Also, I definitely agree in Bundyclan as well. I try not to work out more than 1 hour and Ive had pretty decent results. Its all about planning :)
      Chipsflickan's YouTube Channel (I promise it's worth a look)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chipsflickan ().