If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing?

I can think of a lot of things but...

*Help people financially; Charity, loved ones, funding opportunities for people to better themselves. There are so many people who can do amazing things but need someone to give them a little push. I want to see them succeed.

*Travel; I've never left the east coast of the US. I want to see the world. I want to become cultured and learn more humility. I want to develop friendships across the world.

*Health; I'd eat better foods, use better products, care for myself. Working full time & on YT means I lack sleep, good nutrition, self care...yes that is my fault but its the choice I made. I'd focus on fixing that.

*Keep Working on my YouTube Channel; Because I need something to ground me and remind me what work is. I need a purpose that keeps me on a schedule. With the freedom I'd have from no 9-5 job I could dedicate more time, do travel vlogs, encourage others, and put so much more positivity into it.

What would you do?
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • I've actually replied to a thread similar to this on another forum when they asked what would you do if you win the powerball. And here are my answers,

I don't feel comfortable with that amount of money in my bank account when all I did to get it was winning the lottery, so I'd spend the money helping others.

For my family, I'd help my dad pay off the house loan and maybe even buy him a Mercedes since he loves that brand. I'd take my mom to Denmark to buy a glass clock I remember breaking as a kid or even to Paris as it's been her dream to go there. I'd give my sister tickets to go Island Hopping since she'd love to do that and I'd buy a computer my brother has always wanted.

For friends, maybe I can spend tickets for a good vacation or buy everyone consoles as none of us own anything above a PS2.

I'd also donate some money to charities and maybe finance some money for a very enjoyable location for my annual Family Day on my dad's side.

Finally, I'd spend the money on what I need, like a PC for YouTube videos and keep the rest in the bank and/or invest them for the future.
    • Well, if I ever do get that rich when I grow up (which is a lot hard to even imagine), I'm probably gonna start and make my own YouTube channel (Well, I can start now, but I don't have enough mons to do that. I can't even have a desktop). Technically, I wanna be someone who still works even if I am that rich not because I'm greedy or anything, but instead I want to raise more money for charities, especially to the countries, families, people who need them, just like you guys.
    • KillingTheFly wrote:

My priority is marry to my girlfriend and take her away from her oppressive family after that I am not even sure. :D
      I'm in a similar situation xD But first we have to meet irl :D After that ill probably do the same as the everyone from above :D Help my family, friends and donate to charity and i would still continue to do videos since this is what i like to do the most :D
    • I've actually talked to my friends & family about this very topic. I would definetly travel the world. Continue bodybuilding, learning languages, & of course I would keep making music videos because I absolutely love it :D I have never been in a relationship. It's not really a priority for me. I would have an even harder time trusting people though.
    • Spyder1246 wrote:

I've actually talked to my friends & family about this very topic. I would definetly travel the world. Continue bodybuilding, learning languages, & of course I would keep making music videos because I absolutely love it :D I have never been in a relationship. It's not really a priority for me. I would have an even harder time trusting people though.
      The beautiful thing about life is being in a relationship is just one avenue, and not having one and focusing on yourself is totally fine. I think I wish I had dated less as a young girl and focused on my future. Its easy to forget what is important.
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • Most likely the money would go to my studies and I'd end up working as a physicist or coder. Makes me feel like shit if I'm not productive and not doing what I love. Can't see a point in life when there's no effort.
    • Other than the things the OP has mentioned, probably adopt some dogs and live happily with them ever after. The cost of having and taking care of dogs is quite high so having a lot of money will surely help out. Such a simple wish, but it's always been a dream of mine ever since I was young, so why not (I think my profile picture explains it well lol).

I would also love to get more education. Learning new languages sounds like a great idea to pass my time as a rich fellow haha.
    • I'd buy a house with 2 bathrooms.
      And a Honda Civic.

Why 2 bathrooms?
      Well, mainly because 3 bathroom houses don't exist here.
      Put a lot of money in savings. give it to family and friends, charity.
      Like you said, Travel.
      Nothing else would change tbh.
      I'd still wait untill steam sales before buying games, even if I had a small loan of a million dollars, 60 bucks for a game? Fuck that
      Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
    • Invest! No need to inflate my standard of living. Most people that win these huge amounts of money spend it all within a short amount of time and are back to having nothing. With a proper portfolio and reinvestment on a regular basis (cost average effect) you can get about 8% return yearly viewed in the long term (speaking of 20+ years). Compound interest would work out wonderfully with these amounts of money too.

Other than that, I'd keep working on stuff that interests me, I want to be productive. And some travelling here and there, pretty much like what I'm doing right now.