What Happened to PewDiePie?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• As some of you may have seen in his new video, he addresses this issue, and I just wanted to take a moment in going into more detail as a content creator..

Here's the video, in case you haven't seen it.

I've never had any issues with anything pewds has done thus far. I like to think he's a "Jack of all trades." I think some people just don't understand what pressures you're under when making videos and how busy someone like him can be. Perhaps he should have a video on "A DAY IN THE LIFE OF PEWDIEPIE?" And literally have himself on camera editing a video for the 2-3hrs since that's actually how long it can take for just 1 video. Since I too am a content creator there aren't too many options of doing what "you" want to do and having people enjoy it as much as say, playing FNAF World, only because it's the popular choice at the moment.. Pewds is a trend setter in the YouTube space when it come to gameplay, editing and personality but people don't like change, even though EVERYONE will go through some sort of change themselves. I'm not even 1% of what his channel gets in views or subs, but there is still a weight that every content creator has, and I don't think it matters if you're #1 or #11231612316513.. The fact is, YouTube is hard.

I feel that casual watchers aren't educated on how stressful, time consuming and or how much of a creative process YouTube is. I will never tell someone they are disappointing me because their doing something different from the "norm" of what they used to to.

If I had any advice to give to Felix it would be to just don't let the haters/disappointed people bug you, you obviously have way more thumbs up and from what I've seen, there are millions of people who still support you no matter what! ME included.

I hope this kind of gives some background in content creation for those who aren't really familiar with its process.

The post was edited 2 times, last by WixspinGaming ().

• WixspinGaming wrote:

As some of you may have seen in his new video, he addresses this issue, and I just wanted to take a moment in going into more detail as a content creator..

Here's the video, in case you haven't seen it.

I've never had any issues with anything pewds has done thus far. I like to think he's a "Jack of all trades." I think some people just don't understand what pressures you're under when making videos and how busy someone like him can be. Perhaps he should have a video on "A DAY IN THE LIFE OF PEWDIEPIE?" And literally have himself on camera editing a video for the 2-3hrs since that's actually how long it can take for just 1 video. Since I too am a content creator there aren't too many options of doing what "you" want to do and having people enjoy it as much as say, playing FNAF World, only because it's the popular choice at the moment.. Pewds is a trend setter in the YouTube space when it come to gameplay, editing and personality but people don't like change, even though EVERYONE will go through some sort of change themselves. I'm not even 1% of what his channel gets in views or subs, but there is still a weight that every content creator has, and I don't think it matters if you're #1 or #11231612316513.. The fact is, YouTube is hard.

I feel that casual watchers aren't educated on how stressful, time consuming and or how much of a creative process YouTube is. I will never tell someone they are disappointing me because their doing something different from the "norm" of what they used to to.

If I had any advice to give to Felix it would be to just don't let the haters/disappointed people bug you, you obviously have way more thumbs up and from what I've seen, there are millions of people who still support you no matter what! ME included.

I hope this kind of gives some background in content creation for those who aren't really familiar with it's process.
      Couldn't agree more Wixspin Gaming. It's incredibly difficult to manage a channel on Youtube, unfortunately a lot of people don't spend the time to think and appreciate the hard work, time and energy devoted to being a YouTuber. Add the pressure of being the biggest YouTuber ever, 42 million subscribers, 5 years of devoted uploading and people ready to criticize you're every move and you have Pewdiepie's position. I just hope he can see beyond the bull and continue doing his thing without being distracted by unnecessary pressure.
    • (turns out that wasn't my last post after all haha)
      Yeah, I've seen that video and couldn't help but to feel responsible for being a part of the things that made him upset. I'm sorry if that is the case, PewDiePie.

In response to WixspinGaming, I too am a content creator and I understand how hard it is to make content and to balance out between pleasing your audience and pleasing yourself. Because of that understanding, I specifically said in my first post that I wasn't complaining about how PewDiePie "has changed" or how "he's not the same PewDiePie" anymore. If you put my blunt way of typing aside, you could see that I merely asked 2 main questions (in which one of them has been answered by PewDiePie himself in this thread). Firstly, I asked about the let's plays, secondly I asked about the new style of thumbnails. And like I've said in my disclaimer, I'm not hating on him for what he does, I was simply asking questions. Once they have been answered, I was satisfied and didn't push him to make contents that he's not comfortable doing. PewDiePie himself said that it was a fair observation on my part.

I don't know, maybe it's because of my forthright way of putting down words here that some people misunderstood what I intended to say. I'm not a hater, but I'm also not one to sugarcoat things. If I were here to hate on PewDiePie and commented about how utterly disappointed I was in him, I would've made a new account specifically to do that in order to hide my identity. I merely had some things that I wanted to know regarding PewDiePie's videos, so I decided to ask about them on this thread, because I thought that's what this forum is about. I still love what PewDiePie does and I've never stopped watching his videos. I never claim about PewDiePie only caring about money and not caring about his fans (so I'm sure that part of the video wasn't targeted at me) in case you bros misunderstood me.

However — throwing my thesis of reasonings aside — once again I genuinely apologise to PewDiePie if my post on this thread offended him in any way. I'm sorry if I seemed like an ungrateful brat. I apologise to you bros as well if any of my post offended you. I honestly never intended to do any of that. Once again, please know that I still love what PewDiePie is doing. I've never stopped watching his videos no matter what kind of content he puts out.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Raffee ().

• Honestly, I don't care what he does. I'll watch regardless of what he uploads because I like him. I watch his videos for him. I feel like as if he's one of my friends in real life (although obviously he isn't) & will support him all the way. But in my personal opinion, my favorite thing are full LP's. It's the same with all other YouTubers I enjoy supporting. They may do things I myself am not as big a fan of, but will continue watching because I like them. =)
    • I hate the changes, but I wish him well in his endeavors and I'm sure he has so many life-long fans that he'll stay popular no matter what he chooses to do. I wasn't watching 90% of his videos for so long that I finally decided to unsubscribe. BUT! I will for sure keep an eye out for the types of pewdiepie videos I love.

Best of luck to you Felix :)
    • devilmegs wrote:

I hate the changes, but I wish him well in his endeavors and I'm sure he has so many life-long fans that he'll stay popular no matter what he chooses to do. I wasn't watching 90% of his videos for so long that I finally decided to unsubscribe. BUT! I will for sure keep an eye out for the types of pewdiepie videos I love.

Best of luck to you Felix :)
      • Hey! Im like a really similar person: im not a fan of changes but im pretty satisfied with the type of videos that pews is making. BUT im not arguing that old videos sucked or that you're wrong and all that, im just saying my opinion and im really happy to hear about a person with the same way of thinking xD :)
    • WOW!!! I thought I am the only one who felt this about Pewds' recent videos :)

I actually don't mind about his recent videos, but I do miss his old playthrough, I LOVE his Dark Soul rage
      I always thought that he's been busy with all the things that going on with him lately (the book tour, Scare PewDiePie, and so on) and perhaps that is why he make shorter videos.
      Glad he already did few playthrough though (Firewatch, Undertale, Layer of Fear), but now he tends to drop all of 'em at the same time....
      I kinda miss the anticipation of waiting for another part though ^^ but that's just me nitpicking

Someone actually make a thread and Pewd actually listen?? :thumbsup:

Kudos to Raffee for being a bro who spoken up :)
      BROFIST!!!! :brofist: :brofist:
    • Personally.. it's niegh impossible to make everyone happy Felix. I know you've grown so much these past years.. and YouTubing is no different than acting. It's demanding, can be frustrating, takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears which get taken for granted.
      I'm kinda a Jack of All Trades channel myself. I sometimes feel my content is all over the cotton pickin' place, but, I just make videos.. and that's that. Granted I'm trying to get seen a bit, so I'm favoring videos that are based off of viewer count via analytics.. (people like my How To videos.. so I've been making more of those.) .. in any case.. just keep doing what you're doing.
    • XoN wrote:

WOW!!! I thought I am the only one who felt this about Pewds' recent videos :)

I actually don't mind about his recent videos, but I do miss his old playthrough, I LOVE his Dark Soul rage
      I always thought that he's been busy with all the things that going on with him lately (the book tour, Scare PewDiePie, and so on) and perhaps that is why he make shorter videos.
      Glad he already did few playthrough though (Firewatch, Undertale, Layer of Fear), but now he tends to drop all of 'em at the same time....
      I kinda miss the anticipation of waiting for another part though ^^ but that's just me nitpicking

Someone actually make a thread and Pewd actually listen?? :thumbsup:

Kudos to Raffee for being a bro who spoken up :)
      BROFIST!!!! :brofist: :brofist:
      Thanks bro :D
      A huge brofist to you too! :brofist:
    • His Undertale let's play was surprisingly good. Reminded me of great old time.
      I'm glad that his charisma remains as good as it was before, so, I don't mind changes (but yes, I miss serious let's plays), but the sad thing that I keep watching Pewds videos only because of him, not because of the content.
    • The best thing that can happen is that people can get along with their preferences over Pewdie's videos. Of course, some are gonna want the longer playthroughs, but others jus want the quick and easy ones.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.