Pewdiepie Sold Hotdogs. What have you done?

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Pewdiepie Sold Hotdogs. What have you done?

Pewdiepie wasn't always as established as he is today. He used to sell hotdogs while he worked hard on his channel, discovering joy even without having a fancy job.

Did you ever have a job that maybe wasn't the best, but it was still good for certain reasons?

For example, I used to work at a Book Store. I hated my boss and the pay was garbage but I liked the quiet of stocking books and the smell of the nearby cafe.
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • I was reading the Wikipedia page telling of PewDiePie's struggles as a young Youtuber. He really did sell hotdogs just so he can fund his channel. He quit college just so he could continue with what he loves to do. He put so much sacrifice just so he could build up his amazing career. He didn't even have a proper desktop until he started making artworks in Photoshop. Even his love life was also part of his hard work (I think). All of this sweat and tears for his everlasting happiness that he now shares with Marzia, Maya, Edgar, the Entire Bro Army and all the people he helped out in his charities.
      To me, it doesn't matter if you have, like, the fanciest job ever noticeable by anybody. Just like his Legendary Brofist, your real power comes from the heart. Whatever makes you filled with joy will always be the perfect thing you'll have, even if it's so hard to go through.
      Let's all think of Felix not just as a friend that makes us laugh, but also as a person who gives us all hope, a person who we should consider as a great role model. "Life might be very hard to conquer. But as long as you have what's in your heart, nothing can stop you."
    • *claps* Very nice words friend. Its inspiring to see someone like Felix go from humble beginnings and become so successful. The sad truth is not everyone who works at a hot dog stand makes something of themselves. Not everyone who starts a YouTube grows beyond a hobbyist. It’s nice to have someone you watched just grow…and see what their work has earned them.

Whenever I see people online talk smack about Felix and claim his videos are a gimmick or he has no talent it honestly makes me smile. Those people haven’t lived his life and don’t know the path he took. It’s really easy to criticize someone who has succeeded if you, yourself, are miserable. I’m just done being patronized, working a job I hate, never having time or money to explore this planet. Having 2 weeks a year of paid time off that is more than not spent on being sick or family emergencies is not my idea of a good way to live. I crave what he has…I get to be selfish and inspired at the same time. I went off track but yes…as you said…its inspiring.
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.

My Channel
    • im still 17 studying but i did work for 1-3 weeks or so in a italian restaurant with a friend when the school gave us the opportunity. i didnt really like it because the job was well too much work for Little payment and the workers were mad and non social, but i loved that the fact that they offered me a job for the summers because they saw me capable of working (more than my friend) with better payment and such and that made me belive that i could actually make it in the future so despite the stuff i kinda liked it........and i liked the job cuz of the pizzas :D

Anyway im planning very VERY big stuff for the future despite any job i have
      youtube.com/watch?v=sf6LD2B_kD…Rv9Ckjc-FBsuE2_QU6LOCL-aU-

a very tremendous Life changing with one instrument <3
    • Graduated from Graphic Design, started working at Subway (oh the irony!), got fired, started working at a Grocery Store, got fired fro that as well because I went on tour with my band, started working at a screen printing factory, got fired because the company didn't do so well and had to get rid of some of the employed, walked around unemployed for almost 2 years, got enough of walking around having no money so I moved to Oslo, Norway and started working with Screen Printing again, had no friends so I started my YouTube channel that I've been wanting to start for a couple of years, having the time of my life and now at 125 subs! :)
      The best thing I started to do ever!

Hope everybody's having a rad holiday!! :D

Staaay rad everybody!!
      //RadiCarl

youtube.com/c/radicarl

Stay Rad Everybody!!
      /RadiCarl
    • funny cause somehow i can relate to this xD ...after graduating i worked for a month as an apprentice baker and on that paycheck i bought parts of the pc i first assembled myself! after that i did various jobs, such as tutoring, computer repair/assembly and some retail work, but only after years later i got interested in studying basic video editing online during my spare time and did create my own youtube channel. though i still consider youtube as a hobby, cause bills and rent needs to be paid with my current job now as a teacher, i'm having lots of fun making and sharing new videos to my subscribers and friends :brofist:
    • That's so cool! I worked at a market in the bakery for a short time and I went to school for a bit to be a teacher before I changed majors! Teaching is a noble profession in my book. :)
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.

My Channel
    • I guess it isn't my self hating my job but I work 40 hours a week as a Lifeguard/Duty Manager of leisure centre and it just so conveniently works for me that I get to spend mornings recording before heading to work and then when I finish, usually around 10:30pm, I stay awake until 2am editing my face off. I could be in a worse of Industry but I just hope my hours never change.
    • People talk about success like it's handed on a silver platter, at times. In fact, it could take one job that makes you think "Welp, I want to do something better than this".

Meanwhile, I sit here jobless whilst college comes back into session and so that I can go out and start asking around for jobs.
      I'd rather live with broken bones than lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool.

If you need me, visit my about me section on my profile for my skype contact.
    • I feel like if you're working towards a bigger goal, even if you're working at a crap job in the meantime, then that crap job is worth it. It will help get you where you really want to be in life by keeping money in your pocket and a roof over your head.
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.

My Channel
    • Hah...I had so many bad jobs out there.

My first ever "job" was collecting trash from the streets -- mainly recyclable items like PET bottles and soda/beer cans. That was back in Brazil, when I was a kid. The enjoyable part was receiving the pay, of course. I was able to buy the toys that I wanted using my free time to collect and sell.

Nowadays, I have my regular job as a private instructor in Mathematics and Physics. Even so, I still have a restaurant job for some extra cash. Even thought the job is troublesome (lots of multi-tasking involved), I love it in a certain way! Meeting new customers and getting to know them is definitely an extra.

YouTube doesn't sustain me full time, so I gotta do what I gotta do. Pewds may be where he is nowadays, but as folks have mentioned, he did work hard. And I am a full Naruto believer: doesn't matter how much talent you got, you gotta work hard to achieve your goals!

Nice post, by the way.

Tight lines and game on!
      "Every event that a human being can think of is a reality that can happen." :)
      No gaming Channel for me on YouTube, but I do have a fishing one! I guess one is allowed to fish AND game. Hah.
    • Amen!

Sometimes people forget that almost everyone has had to do jobs they didn't enjoy to support themselves or support their future goals. When you're unhappy at work it helps to remember WHY you're working there to begin with. I always tell myself 'for now...'
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.

My Channel
    • Hmm,I used to do volunteer work until I fell ill.
      I volunteered to be a part time caregiver for Autistic children,levels 4-5.
      Now because of the severity of my sickness,I can't go out there until my doctors clear me.
      But I work hard in school to ensure that I have good grades and such,so there's that as well.
      I'd say high school is a lot of work within itself,so don't feel bad if you don't have a job or are still looking for one in high school.
      You're still young and there are a LOT of opportunities out there for you,so don't feel like just because you're young you haven't accomplished much.You've accomplished having the strength to pull yourself out of bed,deal with the BS,and then maybe come home and deal with more BS.You've been through a lot and that is something to be proud of.
    • For some reason, I once had a little job as a beginner artist, maybe about two years ago. Some people would go to my house and ask me to do their school projects. Although my work wasn't the best by then, everyone seemed to like what I did. Well, since my artworks weren't that good at all back then, the pay was very minimal, but I was more than happy for that. Now, the small business I had seemed to be inactive, but some people still come to my house for some help. Technically, I don't get paid any more, but as a reward, some of these people give me a little snack instead. I know it seems very odd, but I actually like it. I may not be a professional artist yet, but I have always dreamed to be one just like my great grandfather, and the people who asks for help from me whenever they need me to do their projects actually inspires me, just like how Pewds had inspired me to do a lot of awesome things.