Shoutout Competition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• SGT_GAZCARR's Gaming wrote:

RadiCarl wrote:

Yeah congrats to the winners!! Hopefully it will do good to you all :)

And instead of finding excuses to why the winners are the winners, let's just be happy for them instead?
      Who knows maybe Pewds took a lot of time on choosing these people? Who knows? Stop making assumptions all the time :)

Anyways, congrats to all the winners! :D
      Hopefully I will have reached the criteria to submit to the next shoutout challange sometime in the future :)

Stay rad everybody and have a great weekend! :D

youtube.com/c/radicarl
      Pewdiepie said in the video "I did not pick them, so don't be annoyed at me if you did not win." So he did not pick then, but that does not bother me, look at 2:08 of the video, I got a small feature :D (top of list)
      no no he said "i dont want anyone to be discouraged because i didnt picked them" so basically he doesnt want anynone to be like sad about it, he chose the winners :D
    • Congrats to those who won! we stand behind you! well there we go!!!! what an epic 5 months, thankyou to all of you who made this wait awesome and kept the chat rolling, it comes to an end... GG! At least i was in the video at the top when he scrolls through! xD highlight boys! Well i can finally say i was in a PewDie Pie video!!! xD Lots of love guys!
    • Congratz to winners!
      Page 96 myself. Gotta say I was feeling pretty confident about this competition. But what can you do... Hope for the best and cope with the rest =)
      Im doing it as a hobby with a purpose though and I enjoy it. That alone for me is enough to keep up with curating the channel. This was an exciting opportunity for all of us =) Good luck with your journeys !

my audiovisual music channel FM Station
      - YouTube
    • Not gonna lie, I am a tiny bit salty, not because I didn't win, but because based on my analytics, he clicked out of my video after 3 seconds. I imagine there was a lot of that going on if he did watch every entry, and I know that a lot of them picked up later in the videos because I watched a lot of entries.

But if his criteria was that the video needed to grab him immediately, I can't hold it against him, and he still did an incredibly nice thing that he had no obligation to do. I mean, there were A LOT of videos.

Either way, congrats to winners!
    • Hey congratulations to all the winners! Today must have been amazing for each of you I am feeling 2nd hand excitement!

I'm really glad that we get to hear the results. I entered the competition a day after it opened and for me, just having the possibility of winning has been riding my back and creating all kinds of pressure to stay consistent. I'm relieved that the pressure is gone but now it's like I'm so used to BEING on top of it I have to thank you Felix for accidentally putting it off for as long as you did. I think it's been great for all of us.

I was sitting just over 1,000 subs at the time I entered and only had 10 videos uploaded. Now I'm at over 3,500 subs and just over 80 videos posted doing a video Mon-Fri for the last few weeks. Several of us have also picked up so definitely do not feel discouraged if you weren't mentioned! Hard work will and always pays off! <3

To add to the post questioning his selection process, I'm just going to add that I believe Pewds did check all the submissions. Checking through my analytics it shows there was one view from the US on Sept 9th and someone had to have watched my video for 23 seconds. That was the same day he was flying over to LA, the perfect opportunity for him to get started on some of the entries. My entry was on page 65 and I cannot imagine anyone but him watching the video and maybe looking through my channel at that time.

The only thing I could have done better was if I had more things up for him to sample or had one of my newer videos to feature in the competition but I probably just entered in too soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No matter though! I look forward to seeing new faces collaborating with Pewds and the rest of RevelMode I hope! :D
      Images
      • Analytics - YouTube_2016-03-04_15-11-52.png

64.86 kB, 1,053×832, viewed 284 times
      • Analytics - YouTube_2016-03-07_10-43-39.png

79.21 kB, 1,169×963, viewed 228 times

The post was edited 3 times, last by rinsenpai: Actually had 100 videos. Thought I had 80. Also noticed separate analytics for this website. Looks like it was viewed a few times! Nope, I have over 80 lol. ().

• Congrats to all the winners for the competition. Each and everyone of them deserves it! Even though I don't win the competition, it shows how much I need to improve in my content. So, by the time Felix makes a next competition, I'll be ready for it.

P.S. I was in the video at 2:10, be in one of Pewdiepie's video goal, COMPLETE! :D
    • Congrats to all the guys (and ladies) who got shoutouts :D
      Especially HoodiePanda, as i've been subscribed to him for about a year now.
      great to see someone as dedicated as him get the recognission he deserves :D

Now hopefully i can get one, one day :P
      Is it cool to advertise my channel here? what do you mean it makes me look like a creep?............ ;)
    • Congrats to all the winners! I'm so happy for you, it'll be exciting watching you grow :)

HeadbanginZombie wrote:

Congrats to those who won! we stand behind you! well there we go!!!! what an epic 5 months, thankyou to all of you who made this wait awesome and kept the chat rolling, it comes to an end... GG! At least i was in the video at the top when he scrolls through! xD highlight boys! Well i can finally say i was in a PewDie Pie video!!! xD Lots of love guys!
      Haha, omg I was so happy seeing myself in the video as well xD What an awesome moment :P
    • nb1299 wrote:

Congrats to all the winners! I'm so happy for you, it'll be exciting watching you grow :)

HeadbanginZombie wrote:

Congrats to those who won! we stand behind you! well there we go!!!! what an epic 5 months, thankyou to all of you who made this wait awesome and kept the chat rolling, it comes to an end... GG! At least i was in the video at the top when he scrolls through! xD highlight boys! Well i can finally say i was in a PewDiePie video!!! xD Lots of love guys!
      Haha, omg I was so happy seeing myself in the video as well xD What an awesome moment :P
      Maybe next time! Thing is, the video i entered with, looking back now, was a bad choice (not because i lost, but because I've come on so much since then) - But this will not dissuade us! Lets keep on the grind!!!!
    • HeadbanginZombie wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

Congrats to all the winners! I'm so happy for you, it'll be exciting watching you grow :)

HeadbanginZombie wrote:

Congrats to those who won! we stand behind you! well there we go!!!! what an epic 5 months, thankyou to all of you who made this wait awesome and kept the chat rolling, it comes to an end... GG! At least i was in the video at the top when he scrolls through! xD highlight boys! Well i can finally say i was in a PewDiePie video!!! xD Lots of love guys!

Yeah, I've been so inactive lately but this has actually inspired me to start filming again! It's been nice talking to you guys, see you at the next one :)
    • nb1299 wrote:

HeadbanginZombie wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

HeadbanginZombie wrote:

Yeah, I've been so inactive lately but this has actually inspired me to start filming again! It's been nice talking to you guys, see you at the next one :)
      Good! Best of luck, and see you next time ;)
    • Just like to wish my congratulations to the people who won, remember a shoutout is not a meal ticket but an opportunity to prove you can grow beyond the sudden rush you get so keep creating :)

As for those of us who didn't make it, who cares we do this because we love to entertain and be it 1 or 1 million people we will always be able to make someone smile :)

Work hard you lot and feel good that you do what you love :)
    • I would enjoy nothing more than a shoutout, I have never received one. I do give shout outs for my subscribers as often as I can.
      This world is hard enough trying to get noticed. It's even rougher without some sort of help. Look at Jacksepticeye, he only had 2k subscribers.. worked his butt off, and finally got a bit of a push from a considerate shoutout, then he got inspired to just work his butt off more and now he's at 9m subscribers.

I hope to one day achieve this.. in honesty, I'm here because of Jack.. maybe one day I'll get a shoutout from Pewds or someone.. if not today, then maybe in the future.. I'll be patiently waiting.

Of course, I like to entertain people.. but I'll be honest, I do like having a larger audience to entertain. Does that mean if I only had 1 subscriber that they are insignificant? No. I simply love entertaining mass amounts of people.
    • Well as sad as it is that not many of us got picked, we at least tried and you know what? It's back to work and doing what we love to do, regardless of the shoutout, let's make our channels as amazing as we can and stand out from the crowd as much as we can!

Congrats to the winners :)
      Please keep smiling and have a wonderful day!
      :brofist: *Big Hugs and Bro Fist!* :brofist:
      Cory of DontWatchMePlay