Shoutout Competition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Just Another Loser wrote:

Step 1) Lie down.
      Step 2) Try not to cry.
      Step 3) Cry a lot.

Just kidding, at least it's done now haha, congrats to the Winners ^^
      You know what Now that its over, I'm kinda glad I didn't win, i mean yes we all wanted to win. But it kinda gives you that motivation, to better your content you know? Better luck next time. ^u^ I almost cried, not going to lie, but I instead got a motivation I never thought I had in me. Im going to keep creating, we didn't win, so what? Should that stop us?! NAH HELL LETS MAKE EVEN MORE CONTENT!
    • I really don't want to be THAT person, but I feel like it needs to be said:

I'd like to preface this by acknowledging that Pewdiepie didn't have to do a shoutout competition, he doesn't owe anyone a promotional boost, and that is a noble thing, being in his position, to lend a helping hand down to channels that may not receive enough exposure for their videos.

With that said. I'm disappointed because I suspect he did not check all the submissions and that he rushed to pick 10 winners. :/
    • UnicornTamer wrote:

I really don't want to be THAT person, but I feel like it needs to be said:

I'd like to preface this by acknowledging that Pewdiepie didn't have to do a shoutout competition, he doesn't owe anyone a promotional boost, and that is a noble thing, being in his position, to lend a helping hand down to channels that may not receive enough exposure for their videos.

With that said. I'm disappointed because I suspect he did not check all the submissions and that he rushed to pick 10 winners. :/

ouch.
    • UnicornTamer wrote:

big ouch :O :/
    • Who knows, maybe he did rush, maybe he didn't, we'll never really know. I'm trully disapointed I've lost but we shouldn't do this. The shoutout contest shouldn't backfire to Pewdiepie or the winners. I'm not judging though but it kinda sound like "I don't wanna blame him BUT..." and I don't really think he deserves it, especially when a part of his watchers seems to "let him down".
      This thread should be locked anyway to prevent "worse" debates to start and more people to self promote themselves...
      Sorry if I sound mean or something, it's really not my intention.
    • UnicornTamer wrote:

WixspinGaming wrote:

UnicornTamer wrote:

ouch.
      Lol, yikes.... Nice investigative work. Definitely looks like he slipped off as pages went on but hey, it is what it is.

Obviously it sucks but like the other guy said, it's kind of relieving in a way. For one, it's finally over. For another, creating something that makes it big can be made even sweeter by not getting a handout along the way. That's an extremely optimistic way to look at it but what do we have left but that?

P.S. I found it interesting that he started streaming when he shoots for his videos recently... Since that's what I do... And I entered the competition... Probably just a coincidence but interesting nonetheless.

Most importantly though, I hope no one gives up because of not being picked... The greatest revenge is success. Get so big that he feels silly for having missed your awesome channel. Best of luck to everyone's channel moving forward :)
      Stay Pooshy!
      MoodPoosh
      - YouTube
    • Just Another Loser wrote:

Who knows, maybe he did rush, maybe he didn't, we'll never really know. I'm trully disapointed I've lost but we shouldn't do this. The shoutout contest shouldn't backfire to Pewdiepie or the winners. I'm not judging though but it kinda sound like "I don't wanna blame him BUT..." and I don't really think he deserves it, especially when a part of his watchers seems to "let him down".
      This thread should be locked anyway to prevent "worse" debates to start and more people to self promote themselves...
      Sorry if I sound mean or something, it's really not my intention.
      I see what you mean. I personally am like "Okay, didn't win. Gotta do better now!"
      But to see that 99% of them were on the first pages does kinda make me wonder.
      However, they all deserved to win, they entered the competition like all of us.

We can all get angry about this, but it wont help.
      So, let's just congrats the winners and hope they can make their dreams possible!
      Better luck next time right? :)

To all who didn't win. Stay positive, you can do it!
      Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
    • Yeah congrats to the winners!! Hopefully it will do good to you all :)

And instead of finding excuses to why the winners are the winners, let's just be happy for them instead?
      Who knows maybe Pewds took a lot of time on choosing these people? Who knows? Stop making assumptions all the time :)

Anyways, congrats to all the winners! :D
      Hopefully I will have reached the criteria to submit to the next shoutout challange sometime in the future :)

Stay rad everybody and have a great weekend! :D

youtube.com/c/radicarl

Stay Rad Everybody!!
      /RadiCarl
    • RadiCarl wrote:

Yeah congrats to the winners!! Hopefully it will do good to you all :)

And instead of finding excuses to why the winners are the winners, let's just be happy for them instead?
      Who knows maybe Pewds took a lot of time on choosing these people? Who knows? Stop making assumptions all the time :)

Anyways, congrats to all the winners! :D
      Hopefully I will have reached the criteria to submit to the next shoutout challange sometime in the future :)

Stay rad everybody and have a great weekend! :D

youtube.com/c/radicarl

Pewdiepie said in the video "I did not pick them, so don't be annoyed at me if you did not win." So he did not pick then, but that does not bother me, look at 2:08 of the video, I got a small feature :D (top of list)

The post was edited 1 time, last by SGT_GAZCARR's Gaming ().

• UnicornTamer wrote:

my entry is the first one on the 1st page, yet senpai didn't notice mine... bigger ouch ;( xD

BUT I have to admit, yes not winning this competition is sad and all but if I didn't join one of these contests of his, I wouldn't have discovered and joined this forum in the first place, meet some awesome people and be friends with some gamers here too, so I feel grateful and glad about this :D Anyway, in the meantime, I'll try to take this as a lesson to improve my content and learn more about this kind of stuff. I hope you guys, my fellow non-winners, will not be demoralized by the results and feel the same way as I do :thumbup:

Congrats again to the winners, I might as well watch them and learn a thing or two about the originality Pewds is talking about and has seen in them, I mean the exact potential he saw with Jacksepticeye in the past. Good luck everyone on your youtube careers!

Oh, and @0cajirion you're on the wrong thread bro :brofist: