Shoutout Competition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• No :/ the deadline was a long time ago. And he annouces in a video that he wil be doing it. In his whole time on YT this is the 3rd time he has done this. Last main winners I remember were CinnamonToastKen and JackSepticEye

Carrillo wrote:

So have I lost my chance of entering?? :\ I been reading last few pages and it seems like I'm too late. How does this thing work? How often does it happen?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MeliZbeauty ().

• As for the channels with low view counts, my channel is like that!
      I think it's just that I've had a couple of videos with 10k and above views that are music related, where the majority of my content is gameplay and other silly things.
      So ppl sub for the music vids but aren't watching the gameplay stuff.
      So not all ppl who have a few subs but low views are the devil.
      (I've got around 1100 subbies and some vids do well, others between 30-50 views.)
      I'll also add that I only just passed the shoutout sub count at the time, with 525 subs!
    • yeah, I somehow missed this competition too :(, now I can't even enter(even though the chance of winng this quite damn low with so many nice channels). Ah well, I hope I won't miss a shout-out competition next time, if he ever does one :)
      “Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.”

― Charles Bukowski

My music channel <3
    • oneinasevenbillion wrote:

HeadbanginZombie wrote:

Anyone else still feeling awesome about this competition? Can't Thank Pewds enough for giving the chance of a lifetime to everyone <3
      Best of luck everyone as we get ever closer to the results, my best wishes and luck with you all!
      Pins n needles every friday bro :P Its gonna happen soon I suppose. Cant wait the big reveal =)
      It's gonna happen on a Friday? Like as a Friday with Pewdiepie?
    • Just Another Loser wrote:

Maybe he's waiting for his community to calm down as well.
      It's really sad to see that he had to do two videos about apoligizing and stuff in less than 1 week...
      I just hope that the winners whoever they are will be "rewarded" by the shoutout instead of just be taken as a target by ragers and haters.
      Agree 100%
      Let's be honest it is a great opportunity but the chances of winning are pretty low because there are so many good channels out there and not winning can make one sad and angry especially when everyone is so hyped. Maybe that's the reason why Poods is waiting, so the winners won't get hate from everyone who didn't get picked.
      If Poods picks them there is a reason for that and they do deserve more views so I hope they'll be welcomed in a nice way by the community! :)

Brofist!
    • youarekitten wrote:

If you don't get picked, it just means this guy didn't like you...you can live with that :D

I don't think its about if he liked you or not. If you didn't meet the requirements for the contest in the first hand you wouldn't even be picked. Like he said he didn't want anyone who just uploaded Minecraft. He wants something different, something new, not like every other channel out there. So if you upload videos like he said he didnt want thats a immediate you wont win.
      Remember Pewdie put these rules out for a reason. So yes I have to agree that a lot of people will be upset if they dont get picked. But it isn't because he didnt like you. There is just too much to choose from, 10 out of 10,000 like thats alot! Even you dont win, that shouldnt stop you from making content.
    • MeliZbeauty wrote:

youarekitten wrote:

If you don't get picked, it just means this guy didn't like you...you can live with that :D

I don't think its about if he liked you or not. If you didn't meet the requirements for the contest in the first hand you wouldn't even be picked. Like he said he didn't want anyone who just uploaded Minecraft. He wants something different, something new, not like every other channel out there. So if you upload videos like he said he didnt want thats a immediate you wont win.Remember Pewdie put these rules out for a reason. So yes I have to agree that a lot of people will be upset if they dont get picked. But it isn't because he didnt like you. There is just too much to choose from, 10 out of 10,000 like thats alot! Even you dont win, that shouldnt stop you from making content.
      I think it was meant as a joke :P

Stay rad everybody! :)
      /RadiCarl
      youtube.com/c/radicarl

Stay Rad Everybody!!
      /RadiCarl
    • Oh how awesome would it be to actually win this.

It could change your life quick. I know I am not the most active YouTuber but winning this would change that for sure. I could only imagine. Never the less, good luck to whoever wins. And thanks PewDiePie for doing this contest.

I wish more bigger YouTubers would help out smaller channels. #Brofist
      YOUTUBE CHANNEL
      MrBLaVigne
      Current Subscribers: 575
      Subscriber Goal: 600
    • MrBLaVigne wrote:

Oh how awesome would it be to actually win this.

It could change your life quick. I know I am not the most active YouTuber but winning this would change that for sure. I could only imagine. Never the less, good luck to whoever wins. And thanks PewDiePie for doing this contest.

I know that thought of thinking that you don't upload enough videos to be able to be chosen kills me as well, in fact i think that drags me down a lot xD Well i hope at least pewds will notice how hard its to make this kind of videos and he will understand :D
    • AndrewHere wrote:

MrBLaVigne wrote:

Oh how awesome would it be to actually win this.

I know that thought of thinking that you don't upload enough videos to be able to be chosen kills me as well, in fact i think that drags me down a lot xD Well i hope at least pewds will notice how hard its to make this kind of videos and he will understand :D
      My upload schedule is atrocious but that's due to lack of motivation and just how long it takes to make one of my videos. I make Minecraft machinimas and it takes like 2 hours to film and build sets and then 5-7 hours to edit... So yeah, you could say I have no chance :/
    • nb1299 wrote:

NB1299 wrote:

My upload schedule is atrocious but that's due to lack of motivation and just how long it takes to make one of my videos. I make Minecraft machinimas and it takes like 2 hours to film and build sets and then 5-7 hours to edit... So yeah, you could say I have no chance

What are you talking about! Everyone has a chance, we just gotta take it! My videos takes the same amount of time, n i see exactley what you mean, the YouTube grind certainly tests ones spirits!! -My most recent ones haven't taken much time, but i wanted to keep uploading while i'm going through a very busy time, but my fav videos like my gmod funny moments/funny montages where taken from 5-10 hours clips- 5 hours of recording for 5 minute video xD you gotta laugh! But if this is what you love to do, don't get down! Keep going, and smash through the obstacles that you fear, You know deep down, one day it'll all be worth it, we've all got to pay our dues! Never Give Up!