Shoutout Competition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• TheJan wrote:

Heey pewds,

When you announced the shout out i had under 400 subscribers but now i have 600.
      I'm just going to say it. I am working everyday to make my videos daily, quit school, shit job. This and acting is my only way to make something out of my life lol.
      Now about your competition. I hope that you will look at all the analitics of the participants because i saw ALOT of them gaining 400 subs (100% bought) on the day you announced the competition. Then again. Sub/ratio would be obvious enough right.

I really think i deserve to be in the competition.
      Please give me a chance in at least joining the competition.

PS: i will make a thread about this too so it is seen.

Thanks,

TheJan
      You're about 5 months late to the party.

• Max wrote:

TheJan wrote:

Heey pewds,

When you announced the shout out i had under 400 subscribers but now i have 600.
      I'm just going to say it. I am working everyday to make my videos daily, quit school, shit job. This and acting is my only way to make something out of my life lol.
      Now about your competition. I hope that you will look at all the analitics of the participants because i saw ALOT of them gaining 400 subs (100% bought) on the day you announced the competition. Then again. Sub/ratio would be obvious enough right.

Thanks,

TheJan
      He means he entered at 400 but now that pewds looks has more than 500 to qualify. So basically asks if these kind of submissions are traceable and if he is legit. I'm sure lots of people didn't have 500 subs when they entered and now have, or bought secretly bots. But to check 2500 submissions in such detail is crazy.
    • Max wrote:

TheJan wrote:

Heey pewds,

Thanks,

TheJan
      could you be more arrogant??
      I joined as one of the first 50 prticipants. But i had 400 subs. No shout out yet but i have 600 now so i am allowed to join. I have daily videos and different genres.
    • TheJan wrote:

Max wrote:

TheJan wrote:

Heey pewds,

Thanks,

TheJan
      could you be more arrogant??I joined as one of the first 50 prticipants. But i had 400 subs. No shout out yet but i have 600 now so i am allowed to join. I have daily videos and different genres.
      First of all, that was not arrogant. It's 100% accurate, the event was over months ago [the submissions part, at least].

Second, I don't see your post - probably because we deleted it 5 months ago - in the competition thread, so no, you're not there which is why I assumed you're trying to re-submit /now/.

And finally,

TheJan wrote:

I hope that you will look at all the analitics of the participants because i saw ALOT of them gaining 400 subs (100% bought)
      totally not arrogant, sabotage worthy, or cringy at all.

• TheJan wrote:

Heey pewds,

Thanks,

TheJan
      First off I'd say, don't quit your job or school. Seriously. Unless you have enough money to support yourself.
      If you are expecting to succeed no matter what, I'd say it's a brave mentality, which I find adds to the competition.
      I was supportive of your submission being re-instated, seeing It has been 5 months ago that the competition "Ended". And it did state that after 2-3 weeks after the end, the winner(s) would be announced. So I personally would think a bit of leniency from the mods would be nice.

However, the part where you started to shit and bash others "I hope that you will look at all the analitics of the participants because i saw ALOT of them gaining 400 subs (100% bought)" is just disgusting.
      Heck, some people who might've had 500 subs then, have 10k now. Doesn't mean they "Bought it 100%". It could mean, they had a small break. And to be honest, that makes your "expecting to win no matter what" mentality, turn into a very arrogant stance on others.
      Just to give my 2 cents. I'd advise to try and collab with others, instead of shitting on them. The more connections you have, the better it can be for you and the other people involved in your partnership. This is NOT a good way to make connections.
      Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
    • SGT_GAZCARR's Gaming wrote:

I would feel bad about not winning the shout out competition, cause I work so hard on my channel, I understand there could be people better than me who really deserve this shout out.

I am just happy to always remember that PewDiePie actually looked at something I write to him, and he looked at one of my videos :)

Brofist.
      Its pretty awesome right!!?? If we win or lose, Pewdiepie looked at our channels, he saw one of our videos! So you can always know that the #1 youtuber has added to your view count. I don't know , I just think its awesome.
    • Dang it :( , I worked so hard to get to 500 subs but I didn't make it before the competion ended and I actually just hit 500 tonight and now i already have 520 and I keep growing everyday so maybe the next shoutout competition will give me another goal and another shot at this and I can make it into the competition.
    • Max wrote:

TheJan wrote:

Max wrote:

TheJan wrote:

Heey pewds,

Thanks,

TheJan
      could you be more arrogant??I joined as one of the first 50 prticipants. But i had 400 subs. No shout out yet but i have 600 now so i am allowed to join. I have daily videos and different genres.
      First of all, that was not arrogant. It's 100% accurate, the event was over months ago [the submissions part, at least].
      Second, I don't see your post - probably because we deleted it 5 months ago - in the competition thread, so no, you're not there which is why I assumed you're trying to re-submit /now/.

And finally,

TheJan wrote:

I hope that you will look at all the analitics of the participants because i saw ALOT of them gaining 400 subs (100% bought)
      How is that arrogant, sabotage or cringy?
      please go to the competition, choose 10 participants and check their subscriber growth in the month of the shout out announcement.

Don't shoot the messenger. There is corruption, this is not the fault of any of the mods. It just happens.

You want to tell me that if i was in the tour the france and i see evidence of drug use (cheating) i should just leave it as it is? Not say anything about the cheating that is happening.
      the dislikes on my post and likes or the replies calling me cringe worthy or those saying i shit on people.
      I went through the competition when it started to see what my competition is. Honestly i just found alot of kids and/or channels who bought their subs and had just over 500 with 12 views each video. IT IS JUST NOT RIGHT!
      While i was looking through the competition i saw this one video (in the post) of this guy who had a great facecam, commentary, mic quality, game quality, editing style. That was the moment i was scared ... ow shh this is not going to be easy. So i click on the video title at the end and come to his channel page. The man had around 70 subscribers!!!
      I immediately contacted him, he lives in portugal which is a hour of timezone difference. We skyped right away and we became best friends since then.
      Yes what i am about to say looks like i am bragging but i see i have to do that for you not to think i shit on people or being sabotage cringy whatever.
      I bought him a game 6 hours into the skypecall. Why? The game was free for a weekend, he made 2 videos on it. He really liked the game but he did not have the money. I did have some money tho. So i bought him the game because i believed he made videos from his heart and not from his greed for fame. The game was around 30 euros. Ofcourse i thought... damn what have i done. But this guy is a great friend and we collabed alot.
      I invited him into a skype call some time later with another youtube friend of mine. They hit it out very well.
      It was the 3 of us. Then i met another man which right now bought a new gaming pc to improve his videos, but i added him to our group as well. One of my viewers saw that i was making a youtube group so he told me about this dutch youtuber, i liked his videos and added him aswell. We talked every single day. all of us.
      I even met the dutch youtuber in real life.
      We are all friends, in my case best friends because i invest ALL of my free time into youtube.

If you don't believe me ask them yourself, we haven't talked in months because school started for 2 of them, the portugese guy works every day but now lost his job so he is busy with finding a new one, the man who bought a new pc lives in asia so timezones and his work just makes it almost impossible to contact eachother.
      They don't know i wrote this.

Channels.
      Portugese: Goncy
      New PC guy: PixelShogoz
      'First' friend: Die4CODGRIMSBY
      Dutch guy: Jarroz

I hope to make things clear now,
      From this group only Pixelshogoz and i have over 500 subscribers now.

Hereby my question: is it possible for me to join the competition now that i have fulfilled the requirements? (if so, taking a look at atleast pixelshogoz since he has the requirements too)

Thanks,
      In 9gag terms: POTATO
    • TheJan wrote:

Max wrote:

TheJan wrote:

Max wrote:

TheJan wrote:

Heey pewds,

Thanks,

TheJan
      First of all, that was not arrogant. It's 100% accurate, the event was over months ago [the submissions part, at least].Second, I don't see your post - probably because we deleted it 5 months ago - in the competition thread, so no, you're not there which is why I assumed you're trying to re-submit /now/.

And finally,

TheJan wrote:

How is that arrogant, sabotage or cringy?please go to the competition, choose 10 participants and check their subscriber growth in the month of the shout out announcement.

Don't shoot the messenger. There is corruption, this is not the fault of any of the mods. It just happens.

You want to tell me that if i was in the tour the france and i see evidence of drug use (cheating) i should just leave it as it is? Not say anything about the cheating that is happening.
      the dislikes on my post and likes or the replies calling me cringe worthy or those saying i shit on people.
      I went through the competition when it started to see what my competition is. Honestly i just found alot of kids and/or channels who bought their subs and had just over 500 with 12 views each video. IT IS JUST NOT RIGHT!
      While i was looking through the competition i saw this one video (in the post) of this guy who had a great facecam, commentary, mic quality, game quality, editing style. That was the moment i was scared ... ow shh this is not going to be easy. So i click on the video title at the end and come to his channel page. The man had around 70 subscribers!!!
      I immediately contacted him, he lives in portugal which is a hour of timezone difference. We skyped right away and we became best friends since then.
      Yes what i am about to say looks like i am bragging but i see i have to do that for you not to think i shit on people or being sabotage cringy whatever.
      I bought him a game 6 hours into the skypecall. Why? The game was free for a weekend, he made 2 videos on it. He really liked the game but he did not have the money. I did have some money tho. So i bought him the game because i believed he made videos from his heart and not from his greed for fame. The game was around 30 euros. Ofcourse i thought... damn what have i done. But this guy is a great friend and we collabed alot.
      I invited him into a skype call some time later with another youtube friend of mine. They hit it out very well.
      It was the 3 of us. Then i met another man which right now bought a new gaming pc to improve his videos, but i added him to our group as well. One of my viewers saw that i was making a youtube group so he told me about this dutch youtuber, i liked his videos and added him aswell. We talked every single day. all of us.
      We are all friends, in my case best friends because i invest ALL of my free time into youtube.

If you don't believe me ask them yourself, we haven't talked in months because school started for 2 of them, the portugese guy works every day but now lost his job so he is busy with finding a new one, the man who bought a new pc lives in asia so timezones and his work just makes it almost impossible to contact eachother.

Channels.

Hereby my question: is it possible for me to join the competition now that i have fulfilled the requirements? (if so, taking a look at atleast pixelshogoz since he has the requirements too)

Thanks,
      The 500 sub request was there for a reason. Just leave it man, there will be another chance :)
      Edit: 9gag unite xD
    • AndrewHere wrote:

TheJan wrote:

Max wrote:

TheJan wrote:

Max wrote:

TheJan wrote:

Heey pewds,

Thanks,

TheJan
      First of all, that was not arrogant. It's 100% accurate, the event was over months ago [the submissions part, at least].Second, I don't see your post - probably because we deleted it 5 months ago - in the competition thread, so no, you're not there which is why I assumed you're trying to re-submit /now/.
      And finally,

TheJan wrote:

How is that arrogant, sabotage or cringy?please go to the competition, choose 10 participants and check their subscriber growth in the month of the shout out announcement.

Channels.

Thanks,
      The 500 sub request was there for a reason. Just leave it man, there will be another chance :) Edit: 9gag unite xD
      At this point, there is literally nothing that can be done. The competition started months ago, and if he individually went through each channel. It means by now, he has already chosen and is waiting to do the video. When it comes to the 500 subs vs only 70 views per channel. That is like the big "What the Hell!?!?" question most youtubers have. like a youtuber with 2 million views, could only get 500,000 views on there videos, it doesnt make sense, by the youtube subscription page is broken. I think most people know that, it doesnt mean they are bought subscribers it just means, they are either not seeing your videos in the subscription box or they are just not interested in the video you uploaded.
    • Does anybody really think PewDiePie will choose a channel with 500 subs but only five views per video for the shoutout? Come on - think at least a bit. If he chose the channel that channel would also have content that already brought it more views. I see no way cheaters make their way into the final round.
    • XXLRay wrote:

Does anybody really think PewDiePie will choose a channel with 500 subs but only five views per video for the shoutout? Come on - think at least a bit. If he chose the channel that channel would also have content that already brought it more views. I see no way cheaters make their way into the final round.
      Well, in the last competition people thought only "Gamers"could win.
      The whole idea of the shoutout is to put the channels in the spotlight that he thinks deserves it.
      It is just as plausible for a 500 sub person to win, as a 100k subs person.

If a 500 sub channel gets around 5 - 10 views per video, it doesn't mean they are cheating perse. The View/Sub ratio is not on point for most people (the ones that do keep a good view/sub ratio above 10% is doing very good). Just as some people have 1k-3k views on average and only get 4 likes and 0 dislikes on average. However the last I mentioned would be a bit more suspicious than a 500 sub channel recieving 5-10 views.

Either way, cheaters will probably get caught by the YouTube system anyway. (Yes, I still have some trust in the YouTubes lol).
      Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
    • Sub/view ratio is not going good for me, but not because I cheated, mainly because of a video that got half a million views and I guess I can call it a promotion mistake on the wrong platform. I don't think most watched person on the platform cares about views of someone who's going to give shout out but I hope he doesn't judge too quickly about this. If he already didn't of course. Anyway there is not much to do but wishing everyone good luck at this point, so good luck everyone.
      Funny and kind of funny videos in one channel, can you believe it?!
      GamerTheBarbarian
      - YouTube
    • Regarding the low views but high sub counts, just because a channel has 500 subscribers but only has 5-10 views per video, doesn't mean they bought their subs. I've seen some channels like these and they got their subs because of a popular video they make. But those who subscribe to them aren't interested or never bothered watching their latest video, which causes them to have low views.

This can also be said for those who join in tentpole events where they make a video regarding something that's trending. For example, let's say a FNAF game is released today and a small channel decides to make a video of it the minute it comes out. If that channel manages to upload the video first with proper tags, titles and description, his/her video will be one of the top ranked videos that'll come out in the search results. From there, people who are interested in FNAF gameplays can find said video, watch it and subscribe to it to watch the rest of the video, causing the channel to grow fast. But when the channel finishes the game series, only a handful of the new subscribers would stay and watch his/her videos while the others remain inactive or dead. This is one of the disadvantage of joining tentpole events and I've seen a pal of mine, who has 4,000 subscribers, compared to 300 (I think) before he makes the videos, getting 20 views on his latest videos.

As what the people state above, Felix will shoutout those he THINKS puts in a lot of hard work into their content, those he THINKS deserves a shoutout for their talent. Even when our opinions differ, at the end of the day, Felix is the one who makes the final decision.