Shoutout Competition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• nb1299 wrote:

RustyPieLover wrote:

Well, lately, i have been thoroughly enjoying coming home, taking a look at the things ive recorded, then sitting for a good hour plus brainstorming on ideas for intros/outros/editing

I just absolutely LOVE editing my Let's Plays, because, its just something different, something i challenge myself to do, some days, maybe its a bit much, but one day, i honestly can see myself sitting at home, waking up, firing up the pc and the software and sit for hours just editing. editing, having fun, being me, making smiles, damn, did i mention i love editing? :D
      Ohhh editing is bae. Editing is my favorite part of making videos, it's so relaxing and different everytime so it never gets boring. The videos I made took at least 5 hours of editing each, unfortunately I've been so inactive because I simply don't have the time anymore due to school exams, studies, etc ;-;
      YOU ENJOY EDITING?!?!?! You are crazy xD. You can do my editing work for me if you want LOL :P.
      Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
    • jjustgreg wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

RustyPieLover wrote:

Well, lately, i have been thoroughly enjoying coming home, taking a look at the things ive recorded, then sitting for a good hour plus brainstorming on ideas for intros/outros/editing

I just absolutely LOVE editing my Let's Plays, because, its just something different, something i challenge myself to do, some days, maybe its a bit much, but one day, i honestly can see myself sitting at home, waking up, firing up the pc and the software and sit for hours just editing. editing, having fun, being me, making smiles, damn, did i mention i love editing? :D
      Ohhh editing is bae. Editing is my favorite part of making videos, it's so relaxing and different everytime so it never gets boring. The videos I made took at least 5 hours of editing each, unfortunately I've been so inactive because I simply don't have the time anymore due to school exams, studies, etc ;-;
      YOU ENJOY EDITING?!?!?! You are crazy xD. You can do my editing work for me if you want LOL :P.
      Editing should be the bast part of producing videos honestly, it's a time when you think of what'd be cool to put into your video and how to make it good. I also love the editing part myself. Sometimes when I'm moody because of something in my real life I really don't have the will but when I'm better I can't wait to jump on my PC and work on my videos!
      My channel - Michael P
      - YouTube

Peace!
    • MichaelP wrote:

jjustgreg wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

RustyPieLover wrote:

Editing should be the bast part of producing videos honestly, it's a time when you think of what'd be cool to put into your video and how to make it good. I also love the editing part myself. Sometimes when I'm moody because of something in my real life I really don't have the will but when I'm better I can't wait to jump on my PC and work on my videos!
      I mean we all enjoy editing to some degree. But the one thing that gets me is the render time! Its like ahhhhh!! so frustrating since I feel it slows down production. Which frustrates me, because I want to do so much more. But yeah editing is enjoyable sometimes especially if its a video youve been looking forward in releasing.
      Ahhh what do you all use to edit your videos. I use Sony Vegas 13
    • MeliZbeauty wrote:

MichaelP wrote:

jjustgreg wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

RustyPieLover wrote:

I mean we all enjoy editing to some degree. But the one thing that gets me is the render time! Its like ahhhhh!! so frustrating since I feel it slows down production. Which frustrates me, because I want to do so much more. But yeah editing is enjoyable sometimes especially if its a video youve been looking forward in releasing.Ahhh what do you all use to edit your videos. I use Sony Vegas 13
      Oh my don't even start with the render time... It's also SO annoying that you really can't do anything to improve the time... Well maybe you can to a certain degre but for me it almost always take slightly over how long the video actually is. But other than that I also love editing! :D It's what makes the video come to life! :D Improve the sound, import all the files, make funny cuts, LOVE IT! :D In the beginning is was pretty tedious when you had to edit + learn the program (Adobe Premiere) but now it's awesome when you know what you do and everything goes a little bit more smooth! :D

Stay rad everybody!
      /RadiCarl
      youtube.com/c/radicarl

Stay Rad Everybody!!
      /RadiCarl
    • RadiCarl wrote:

MeliZbeauty wrote:

MichaelP wrote:

jjustgreg wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

RustyPieLover wrote:

I mean we all enjoy editing to some degree. But the one thing that gets me is the render time! Its like ahhhhh!! so frustrating since I feel it slows down production. Which frustrates me, because I want to do so much more. But yeah editing is enjoyable sometimes especially if its a video youve been looking forward in releasing.Ahhh what do you all use to edit your videos. I use Sony Vegas 13
      Oh my don't even start with the render time... It's also SO annoying that you really can't do anything to improve the time... Well maybe you can to a certain degre but for me it almost always take slightly over how long the video actually is. But other than that I also love editing! :D It's what makes the video come to life! :D Improve the sound, import all the files, make funny cuts, LOVE IT! :D In the beginning is was pretty tedious when you had to edit + learn the program (Adobe Premiere) but now it's awesome when you know what you do and everything goes a little bit more smooth! :D
      Stay rad everybody!
      /RadiCarl
      youtube.com/c/radicarl
      Oh yeah you really can't do anything about Render time its a killer. Self teaching is also killer. Until it becomes routine. And making cuts, etc is second nature.
    • jjustgreg wrote:

Editing is when all the magic happens. You get to input the funny quirks to make a funny scene much more funnier! I personally LOVE editing because I get to be creative when it comes to making funny remarks, bad puns, adding memes in the right places and such. Though, it does took me 3-4 hours to edit, it's totally worth it! ^^
    • jjustgreg wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

RustyPieLover wrote:

Haha well if I didn't enjoy editing, I wouldn't be making videos because it's the majority of the task. Filming for my short films takes about an hour, than off to Sony Vegas for 5-7 hours .-.
    • Haha! With MoodPoosh on that one! When doing it hour after hour, day after day after day...the thought of Edward Scissorhands performing a medical insertion on me seems like a pleasant alternative! ;)

Nah I do enjoy editing, gives you a chance to express what you want your video to say to people. Just wish I could freeze time when I'm doing it so I don't have to keep going to bed at 3am!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by LETSPLAYMJ ().

• jjustgreg wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

RustyPieLover wrote:

MeliZbeauty wrote:

RadiCarl wrote:

MeliZbeauty wrote:

MichaelP wrote:

jjustgreg wrote:

nb1299 wrote:

RustyPieLover wrote:

Oh my don't even start with the render time... It's also SO annoying that you really can't do anything to improve the time... Well maybe you can to a certain degre but for me it almost always take slightly over how long the video actually is. But other than that I also love editing! :D It's what makes the video come to life! :D Improve the sound, import all the files, make funny cuts, LOVE IT! :D In the beginning is was pretty tedious when you had to edit + learn the program (Adobe Premiere) but now it's awesome when you know what you do and everything goes a little bit more smooth! :D Stay rad everybody!
      /RadiCarl
      youtube.com/c/radicarl
      Oh yeah you really can't do anything about Render time its a killer. Self teaching is also killer. Until it becomes routine. And making cuts, etc is second nature.
      Then there is me recording one hour and editing 8+ hours xD I really like the editing the most i get to convert my ideas into videos in that part the most :D Also render time its like 50 mins for a 10 min video for me xD
    • I dunno, I also enjoy editing quite a lot...
      ... well, at least when I have some silly ideas to put into the videos (personal record until now was editing a 1.5 hour video down to 20 minutes. Over an hour of it was a boss fight I just wasn't able to finish, so I decided to cut together all the moments I died and cursed and overlay them with some silly music. That alone took about 4 hours xD)

But editing a lot isn't as necessary as many think imho; look at jacksepticeye: Almost no edits (except for cuts) but still he's one of the greatest youtubers.

Also, I recently bought a beast of a computer with one of the newest generation i7 processors and 2 GTX980 video cards, which made my rendering time go down a looot...
      Fäbulous on youtube:

YouTube
    • nb1299 wrote:

RustyPieLover wrote:

thank sucks man. Editing is fun, i get home everyday from work, ready for the next big idea. they dont always go according to plan, but hey, gotta work it all out
    • Faebulous wrote:

I dunno, I also enjoy editing quite a lot...
      ... well, at least when I have some silly ideas to put into the videos (personal record until now was editing a 1.5 hour video down to 20 minutes. Over an hour of it was a boss fight I just wasn't able to finish, so I decided to cut together all the moments I died and cursed and overlay them with some silly music. That alone took about 4 hours xD)

But editing a lot isn't as necessary as many think imho; look at jacksepticeye: Almost no edits (except for cuts) but still he's one of the greatest youtubers.

Also, I recently bought a beast of a computer with one of the newest generation i7 processors and 2 GTX980 video cards, which made my rendering time go down a looot...
      I like editing and I used to edit so much then realized editing doesn't really change anything,so now I edit lightly and maybe not at all because it doesn't really change anything and keeps me from other things in life since it takes so much time, I still like it though. I mean I took every name from codsworth's mouth and edited, made it a video if anyone who likes editing that's me :) and it was basically doing the same thing. So a friendly advice, if your channel is not especially about edited videos you I don't think you should spend a lot of time but of course maybe your community might like edited videos more or yourself,I just wanted to tell you my experience so yeah I agree with Faebulous.
      Funny and kind of funny videos in one channel, can you believe it?!
      GamerTheBarbarian
      - YouTube
    • I like editing in general, especially the creative side of it. The only thing that I find challenging is when you have to do some stuff like synchronising sound files with the video files, or eliminating the clipping, it's not really creative and very time consuming and I am sort of lazy to learn the smart ways of doing that XD
    • youarekitten wrote:

I like editing in general, especially the creative side of it. The only thing that I find challenging is when you have to do some stuff like synchronising sound files with the video files, or eliminating the clipping, it's not really creative and very time consuming and I am sort of lazy to learn the smart ways of doing that XD
      Just clap your hands at the start of the video and synch the audio. :)
      Funny and kind of funny videos in one channel, can you believe it?!
      GamerTheBarbarian
      - YouTube
    • KillingTheFly wrote:

youarekitten wrote:

I like editing in general, especially the creative side of it. The only thing that I find challenging is when you have to do some stuff like synchronising sound files with the video files, or eliminating the clipping, it's not really creative and very time consuming and I am sort of lazy to learn the smart ways of doing that XD
      Oh yeah or doing the "1.2.3 song" If you watch Barry from Game Grumps edit, and the editors of Rooster Teeth. They all agree that doing the "1.2.3 sync helps out alot!" so thats what I've been doing for some time.
    • MeliZbeauty wrote:

KillingTheFly wrote:

youarekitten wrote:

Oh yeah or doing the "1.2.3 song" If you watch Barry from Game Grumps edit, and the editors of Rooster Teeth. They all agree that doing the "1.2.3 sync helps out alot!" so thats what I've been doing for some time.
      Oh yes, well I meant when you have lot of clips to synch, for example when you have a sketch with four characters and each one has 3-4 takes and it's lot of time to do just the synching.
    • PewDiePie says in his words, "I thought it would be great to keep the smaller channels part of the community" when he is talking about the shout out competition on his video "REVEL MODE" does this mean small channels who entered the competition (e.g. 5,000 subscribers or below) will not be getting shouted out? And only the big channels will get a shout out? I am very confused.
    • SGT_GAZCARR's Gaming wrote:

PewDiePie says in his words, "I thought it would be great to keep the smaller channels part of the community" when he is talking about the shout out competition on his video "REVEL MODE" does this mean small channels who entered the competition (e.g. 5,000 subscribers or below) will not be getting shouted out? And only the big channels will get a shout out? I am very confused.
      Pewdiepie is offering the 'Shout Out' winners an invitation to join his network. He will still doing the actual 'Shout Out' but the winner's also get this Network offer in addition. Does that make sense?
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel