Shoutout Competition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• xD i almost forgot we still have this ongoing! i'm pretty sure now this will happen on the new year (friday, january 1) the same time Felix will probably announce the results of his charity work, like he did in the last one. this means he did really take his time reading and checking out everyone's entries, giving all a fair chance in this contest. this shoutout will totally give the winners an amazing start of the year, whoever they will be, they certainly deserve it! good luck as always and happy holidays bros :D :brofist:
    • gamer_rye wrote:

xD i almost forgot we still have this ongoing! i'm pretty sure now this will happen on the new year (friday, january 1) the same time Felix will probably announce the results of his charity work, like he did in the last one. this means he did really take his time reading and checking out everyone's entries, giving all a fair chance in this contest. this shoutout will totally give the winners an amazing start of the year, whoever they will be, they certainly deserve it! good luck as always and happy holidays bros :D :brofist:
      This is actually what I am hoping for but also this is the scenario that makes the most sense. Congratulations to people who won if this is the case, probably they already have been chosen. :D
      Funny and kind of funny videos in one channel, can you believe it?!
      GamerTheBarbarian
      - YouTube
    • KillingTheFly wrote:

gamer_rye wrote:

xD i almost forgot we still have this ongoing! i'm pretty sure now this will happen on the new year (friday, january 1) the same time Felix will probably announce the results of his charity work, like he did in the last one. this means he did really take his time reading and checking out everyone's entries, giving all a fair chance in this contest. this shoutout will totally give the winners an amazing start of the year, whoever they will be, they certainly deserve it! good luck as always and happy holidays bros :D :brofist:
      This is actually what I am hoping for but also this is the scenario that makes the most sense. Congratulations to people who won if this is the case, probably they already have been chosen. :D
      If I definitely have to lay money on it, I guess new year would be great for the winners!!
    • Well, there are no Fridays left in 2015, so i think that Feliks will announce the winners in the 1st Friday in 2016 :p . That's what i hope at least, maybe along with the charity thing like the last time. let's just wait and see, he's been super busy lately, wish i could help him :p .
      That's all for now. Stay Awesome Bros.
      Hello guys, my name is ZetEichAr . You want to have fun :?: You can check my YouTube channel :D
    • ZetEichAr wrote:

Well, there are no Fridays left in 2015, so i think that Feliks will announce the winners in the 1st Friday in 2016 :P . That's what i hope at least, maybe along with the charity thing like the last time. let's just wait and see, he's been super busy lately, wish i could help him :P .
      That's all for now. Stay Awesome Bros.
      If you think Fridays With Pewdiepie is going to happen in precisely Friday you haven't been giving any attention but sure hope that will be it.
      Funny and kind of funny videos in one channel, can you believe it?!
      GamerTheBarbarian
      - YouTube
    • Is it just me, or has Pewds dropped the ball and forgot to pick it back up?? I'm not saying that to be rude, but this apology is over a month now.. I understand from before when he was doing the Scare Pewdiepie show and the whole book thing(which I love BTW). But I've seen video's where the game literally just came out and a day later Pewds was playing it, which makes me think he has more free time since this apology. If it's this weekend then I'm sorry for bringing it up and will DELETE this, but if not... Well, I think everyone should just move on and forget about this, and perhaps start the new year off with a BANG!!

But if pewds is still going through submissions, I will say I noticed there are a lot of great creators out there, but I also noticed that a lot of the good ones haven't posted in a LOOOOONG time(like, months or weeks!), so I hope Felix takes that into consideration when picking people for the shout out. It sucks to see people give up after they submitted, but it would also suck to other creators who have been working hard since the competition and it goes to those who gave up posting videos awhile ago..

That's just my two cents.
    • The Cricket wrote:

Is it just me, or has Pewds dropped the ball and forgot to pick it back up?? I'm not saying that to be rude, but this apology is over a month now.. I understand from before when he was doing the Scare Pewdiepie show and the whole book thing(which I love BTW). But I've seen video's where the game literally just came out and a day later Pewds was playing it, which makes me think he has more free time since this apology. If it's this weekend then I'm sorry for bringing it up and will DELETE this, but if not... Well, I think everyone should just move on and forget about this, and perhaps start the new year off with a BANG!!

But if pewds is still going through submissions, I will say I noticed there are a lot of great creators out there, but I also noticed that a lot of the good ones haven't posted in a LOOOOONG time(like, months or weeks!), so I hope Felix takes that into consideration when picking people for the shout out. It sucks to see people give up after they submitted, but it would also suck to other creators who have been working hard since the competition and it goes to those who gave up posting videos awhile ago..

That's just my two cents.
      I can totally understand why you're frustrated and I would be too if I was still hanging onto this like I was during those first few weeks, months ago. I was literally waking up every day going "OMG I WONDER IF HE PICKED ME!!!"

Now I have filed my expectations for this in the "Hey, it'd be great if it happened but whatever if it doesn't".

Does it suck to have so much hanging in the balance and have it drag out so long? Absolutely. But does he owe it to us? Nope. He owes us nothing. Whenever he decides to name winners, those channels will appreciate it greatly. He's got what, like 2,000 channels to go through? That's a lot of time for something he's getting NOTHING for.

It's a gift and although waiting for it does suck, if it ever should come I'll still savor it. It WOULD suck if he picked a channel that has already stopped producing but hey, if it happens, it happens.
      Stay Pooshy!
      MoodPoosh
      - YouTube
    • I would just say in the end, whether you win or lose, do not lose confidence in yourself as a creator. I know I'll keep creating videos as much as I can throughout life, so you all better not give up either!

Good luck to everyone and an early congrats to all the winners!

*Big Hugs*
      Please keep smiling and have a wonderful day!
      :brofist: *Big Hugs and Bro Fist!* :brofist:
      Cory of DontWatchMePlay
    • MoodPoosh wrote:

"does he owe it to us? Nope. He owes us nothing."
      I think this is something a LOT of people tend to forget. I can understand frustration, and I used to check out the site every second, to see if the winners were announced. But, y'know, we shouldn't act like we are entitled.
      Like Mood said, Pewds is going through 2.000 submissions, and he is doing it in his spare time, and he doesn't really gain anything from it.

So it is indeed more of a "Gift" that Pewds is giving to the winners.
      We all have to continue making videos, and try to make the quality better.
      Like, if you are waiting for a "Freebie" to come a long, then you are doing YouTube all wrong.
      You have to keep working on yourself, your content, and try to improve.
      You can't expect others, to "Promote" you, and basically do everything for you.

If you keep working hard, and keep on improving yourself, something like this competition would be just an added bonus, if you win.
      Either way, win or lose, you will still need to keep doing your best, otherwise people won't be interested in your content.

Like I stated before, I really hope that the winners of the competition, will NOT get complacent.
      Because, it would be painful to see creators getting complacent, and basically screwing themselves over, and killing their own channel.
      Want to know more about me? Ask me! :D
    • The amazing thing is that if you were really focused on your channel's growth and enjoyed doing it, then it would not matter how long the results took. If you need validation through Pewdiepie to keep making videos, then you're not meant to make videos.

To be honest I found entering the contest to be very helpful. I started to take a step back and evaluate my channel. At first I thought 'What would Pewds find wrong...' and that turned into 'What would make it better to me?'. It really kicked me into high gear. Since entering the contest, I've earned OVER 1,000 new subscribers. I saw how Pewds made lots of different kinds of videos and started experimenting myself. Some video were super silly to the point of stupid, but I had fun. The only way to find out if something works is to put it out there and be open to feedback. So far, so good.

I'm going off on a tangent here. Basically, be patient and push this in the back of your mind. This way, if you don't win a place, you can congratulate the winners, brush off the little sadness, and keep loving what you do regardless.
      4270+ Subs and Counting - Let's Plays | ASMR | Vlogs
      I publish a video daily.
      Not going to give up.
      Not going to stop.
      1 Million Subs here I come!

My Channel
    • I'm also in the camp of anxiousness, hence why I just take a peek on here once or twice a week. lol. I think it's a good reminder to push yourself even further with your channel and to show people/PewDiePie how serious you are about being a content creator. I agree that Felix doesn't owe us anything. I think we owe it to him for taking the time he needs to go over the 2000+ people who entered. We aren't him, and who knows what happens behind the scenes.. :brofist:
    • I agree with everyone. I used to be anxious about it but I realized that if I just focused on my hobbies, it wouldn't be frustrating. Now, I just check back a few times a week. Besides, he hasn't been seen since the start of the month so maybe he's already picked his choices and waiting for the right time. Perhaps a grand announcement video to start 2016? I don't know, but just don't lose sleep over it <3
    • Haha. It's been so long since this thread was made and it just struck me. Once I stopped being super anxious about it I just started some new series on the channel n stuff and whooptie doo 200 or more extra subs since then, and it just keeps growing. It motivated me so hard to just hit it extra hard ^^ Regardless of this thing ever happening it's been a cool motivator. Cheers everyone! Work on your channels as if you're in a competition; I mean. If you love making videos ofc. That's what it's all about!

cheers
    • Woohoo! Honestly, I am super glad it's taken this long. It show's that he's taking time to ACTUALLY go through all of the submissions so that everyone get's a fair chance. That's awesome!

Take all the time you need! Also, Does anyone know when "Scare PewDiePie" is coming out? Unrelated but just curious :P

Looking forward to the announcement of the winners! *Fingers crossed* :P
    • I have to say that every entry and channel I have the chance to look into, look awesome! Everyone have their own awesome and unique style of making videos! And to be honest, it gotta be really hard for Felix to pick just a few out of all the entry's!
      As others have already mentioned, I've looked over my own channel a lot lately, to ask myself whether I should go more in this or in that direction Whats working and whats not! YouTube has always been about trial and errors for me.

In the end, I think we all should be proud of ourselves for doing what we love. The only thing we can do is to convince the ones that still is dreaming about their goal, to take the next step!

Cheers guys
      Chipsflickan's YouTube Channel (I promise it's worth a look)